2010-06-21 14:56:42

I haven't tried that. Usually I get about 280 to 300 time bonus opints for each level at least up to level5.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2010-06-21 17:03:05

hi,
I'm just curious, but that cheat commands?
I'm just curious and probably won't use them

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2010-06-21 17:28:12

Yeah. Right now there are only two commands for cheating: skip current level, and ther is another one for avoiding blades forever. In the new version I have added an invinciblity cheat that gives you 250 armor.

This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!

2010-06-21 18:05:22

Hi KeyIsFull,
I have a problem while downloading your sidescroller. As I clicked on your submitted link, it said the following:
The file link that you requested is not valid.
What could that be or what can I do now?

Janagirl!

Greetings,
Janagirl!

2010-06-21 18:07:29

Make sure you download the latest version, which aan be found at http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8252087/sidescrollersetup.exe

2010-06-21 18:20:39

OK, thanks, now it worked!

Greetings,
Janagirl!

2010-06-21 18:43:59

Janagirl, welcome.

the jump back business explains why people were falling into a pit when i was close by, but I'm glad knock back is being added, that will be good.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2010-06-21 19:37:22

I uploaded a new version, v3.4. Get it http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8252087/sidescrollersetup.exe
New: level 7, which includes fire balls! Read the documentation for more details!
New: 2 new background music tracks!
SOme bug fixes.
Enjoy

2010-06-21 20:28:11

Hi guys.
I've just tried the new release and think it's cool. I managed to reach level6 but got slaughtered right in the middle.
I noticed a marked increase in enemy attack. i know the suicidal enemy fix is a good thing, but it caused severall issues with listening to pit noises rocks and spikes.
i worked through the levels without much trouble until i reached lev6 where the amount of enemyies caused far too much confusion.
I was constantly trying to escape from the enemies when i'd fall down a pit, under a rock or get skewered by a spike.
I feel there are two posibilities, 1 reprogram to make a higher percentage of eney pit death or 2 provide a “kill all” weapon.
The second option would be cool, I mean danger city had the cops and judgement day had that kick ass nuke.
Could such a weapon be created to assist gameplay on difficult levels?
Also when enemies and rocks approach from beyond pits they sound much farther away than usually which can cause some real sticky situations. Could this be altered?
Cheers
That’s all for now, keep up the good work.
Best regards

Captain Chase
Sound Designer and Voice Actor for BPC Programs
"Remember, nose divers do not have promising futures!"

2010-06-21 21:25:23

Perhaps adding knock back could fix this, sinse you can always hit enemies into pits or blades to cause greater destruction.

Btw, are there any plans to add specific music tracks for each level or couple of levels rather than a select one track for the hole game option? Personally i'd prefer different music to highlight the different environments, than just have one of several tracks playing.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2010-06-21 21:58:08

agreed, goodthinkin dark.
Perhaps a soft aquatic sounding track for lev3?
one more thing i forgot to a add earlier, could the running/walking feature be re-added? i found it a lot easie to shake off enemies when i was running, and not forced to walk.
another thing i though the game could really use, a pause feature. i always seem to have to put down my laptop just at the point when a boulder is fast approaching or a couple of enemies attack.

Cheers
Best regards all.

Captain Chase

2010-06-21 22:21:40

When I installed the game, the computer was fine. Directly after the uninstallation, my screen turned upside down and my internet disappeared very quick.
After a while the unwanted virus or time bomb put out JFW, and soon after that keyboard possision changed drasticly like f=r and /=*, and when my dad tried to fix the screen he appeared in my documents instead of in something seriosly. has someone here tried to uninstall BGT, its not fun!
As long as compiling goes Philip said there is a lot of other programs to do that. but they might not work with BGT? or what!?
Quit now! I sat up half the night yesterday, and I woke up 12 o'clock even if its summer hollyday it is not nessesary to stay down in the bed when it is 20 degrees Celcius outside my house. and about 30 degrees in my room, hot hot hot.

Audiogames has entered a new era. With blockbusters such as bk2, swamp, perilous hearts and the soon-to-come road to rage, audiogames takes a new shape. High quality sounds, multiplayer and very sufficiant AI is audiogames next step towards attention. The world is about to change so cheer with me, hurray!

2010-06-21 22:27:19

captin chase!
the running/walking has been moved to the shift key. yes it fooled me for ages! smile

2010-06-21 22:43:40

Cheers Robla.
I'll bare that in mind.

Captain Chase

2010-06-21 22:44:40

no worries!
glad to know someone else actually played the game while walking all the way through
smile

2010-06-21 22:56:03

Wow, the updates are coming like raindrops.
Very excited about the fireballs, downloading the latest version now.
I beat the whole game yesterday, and tried again today but I was trying so hard on level 7 that eventually the game came up with an error, and I was pressing
the space bar too quick to know what it was, and it closed. Probably a bgt bug, hmm.
Those teleporting enemies I believe are way! too hard. They seem to teleport in at random, sometimes you get dozens of them coming in every second. It
seems that there are certain spots on the gameboard where the teleport activates, and no way to avoid them. I don't know how I did it before.
Oh, and it would be fun to knock the enemies into the pits. Or maybe they should be able to get killed by the spikes. that would be cool too.
The boss is just a little too easy I think. He's fast but goes down easy, and the boobytraps don't work against him. I think there should be some stuff
in the middle, like in q9, where you had to watch where you were going. Maybe a spike and a pit, and the boss is between them. Or, at the end of l7, have
a boss with fireballs, a few other traps, and a couple enemies teleporting in every few seconds? Man, this has so much potential!

Make more of less, that way you won't make less of more!
If you like what you're reading, please give a thumbs-up.

2010-06-21 22:57:19

this game just keeps geting better and better. Amazing. I love the new level discriptions. I haven't goten a chance to get to the fire balls yet.

proud to be a patreon of liam erven. Become a patreon today at patreon.com/liamerven

2010-06-21 22:59:32

Yah i've had that error some times. Maybe its because i'm hamering the space bar like mad.

proud to be a patreon of liam erven. Become a patreon today at patreon.com/liamerven

2010-06-21 23:06:55

Hi Keyisfull
I had the problems with the 32bit thing. I'm using windows vista. But I get some openscript failed messages on winXP, too. I love the sidescroller and I would like to play the other games of you. Like I said before, maybe the problem can be fixed if this games would have an installer, too, like the sidescroller. Can you put an installer into the other games? That would be very nice.

2010-06-21 23:13:35

I noticed that, the boss is easy to kill.
The first time i face him he kills me  everytime, despite my slashing with the sword. Second time round however he's down after a couple of blows.
I think having a pit in the center of the level would be a fun idea to play around with, and even better what if a few fast moving boulders streaed across the level to just add an extra little thrill.
one thing i noticed, you can't use your sword in the air, not sure if this is the same for other weapons, but could something be done so you could say leap over an enemy and lose off a couple of bullets at him while you pass?

Cheers
Best regards

Captain Chase

2010-06-21 23:17:08

just one question, how do i get the cheats

2010-06-22 00:49:35

I will email the cheats to you if you want them. Regarding firing I think I will do that. The error you get is a stack overflow message which I have received a number of times while I had been strenuously testing the game. I think I will send the code to Philip to see if he can help me to optimize the game. Personally I don't know how to fix that problem with the enemies and boulder volume doing something into the pit and going way up. About the music, I don't know whether I can without making the game horribly fat.

2010-06-22 00:59:56

can you send the cheats to me too please?

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2010-06-22 01:12:52

Hmm, about the music thing, you could just play a random file every few levels like they do in dark destroyer.
As for the boss, I noticed that too, first time around he almost always gets me unless I am real careful. I believe this is because of the hits you got on him first time, so second time around he's almost dead.
I still can't seem to get past those stupid teleports!

Make more of less, that way you won't make less of more!
If you like what you're reading, please give a thumbs-up.

2010-06-22 01:17:44

Hi all,

There have been some bugfixes in the upcoming release of BGT that have to do with how the engine searches for source files in different directories, which should hopefully fix the issues reported by some.

As regarding the stack overflow, this is a pretty technical thing but it has to do with how events are triggered in the game, e.g. which functions call which. If you get too many functions on top of each other, the engine fires a stack overflow. This is a safety step that I take in order to avoid scripts that eventually would crash the user's system.

And speaking of crashes, I am pretty certain that the virus reported by lovecomputer is not BGT related. I have installed and uninstalled the engine numerous times on my machine and so have my beta testers and, of course, those who test the public releases. Sometimes virus scanners will give false alarms, but I have never had that happen with BGT nor with the installer which is created with InnoSetup.

Kind regards,

Philip Bennefall