2009-12-10 18:19:20

Hi.

I'm now in the process of adding all my favourite podcast series like the solar clipper series, the corridor and the failed cities into my personal favourites on Klango, ---- anyone who's interested just check out dark under public favourites.

I've also got some sillier songs from youtube by people like weerd al on there too.

this should hopefully make things easier for people to find, and to listen to as they wish.

I must admit I'm finding klango a really useful podcatching program, and a very efficient way to listen to audio indeed.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2009-12-10 20:49:32

Mind if I ask for the URL to klango? I've heard it mentioned but never had any contact or personal knowledge of it.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2009-12-11 02:52:47

www.klango.net.

Klango is a developement environment for audio applications. They started with a couple of games, (which are in the database), and now have bought out th main Klango.net application.

this is a system built in Klango using sapi which does various things, from certain net brousing, to lots of groups, their own message system, running different programs (including a few more games), and (the bit I like most), a fantastic media component, which includes a public catalogue, and some great streaming and pod catching capabilities that even put winamp to shame.

You can for instance completely rewind and fast forward streaming content, and (for kicks), muck about with playback speed and time skip.

You can also interestingly enough, exit a playing audio stream at any time and return to it later, with your position saved. This is great for listening to very long stuff off the net without downloading it.
I'm still just getting into the intricacies myself, but it does seem a very useful thing indeed.

I must confess, when i first heard about it, I checked it to try the games but thought "what's the real point of a program to net brouse and have forums, ---- that's what I use Hal for" but found it to be far more use than I originally thought.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2009-12-11 10:19:31

Thanks, I'll give it a look for the podcast functions.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2009-12-12 11:37:21

Hi guys!k,I have a  question as always.Can we use klango with jaws?I've tryed klango with sapi,and e speek.well we all no how good those sapi voices are.I like my  jaws voice very much so.smile.

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2009-12-12 12:17:42

Nope, Klango is sapi only, ---- but that doesn't mean you have to use Espeak at all for the voice, you can use any sapi voice you've got on the system.

Personally, I have scansoft daniel as my sapi voice, which works very well for Klango, entombed, jim kitchin's games, and anything else I want sapi for.