2010-07-25 19:03:13

Hey all. it's me again. it works but it interfers with system accesss's version of eloquence. hope this can be fixed in a future version.

2010-07-25 23:27:50

Hi,
Sorry for the question, but what do you mean when you say that it interfears?
Thanks.

2010-07-26 00:32:43

well, earlier today i started up my pc and i use system access on it, well neospeech came up and when i tried to go back to eloquence it said it failed to switch when jaws and window-eyes didn't do this. anyway, i had to repair system access but satogo still worked when i ran it from the site. this all started when i shut down the pc, had to delete the files and do a repair before i got eloquence back but once i did, redownloaded the files and put them back on. that's what i meant by interferes.

2010-07-26 15:03:43

alright the new 3647 snapshot is good with eloquence.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2010-07-26 16:20:18 (edited by elliott 2010-07-26 16:49:27)

Using the latest Eloquence driver along with the latest official snapshot (3653 as of this posting), I can confirm that on my netbook that's running Windows XP SP3, it's working fine for me.
Can you guys who are having problems try upgrading, and post back and say if it's working, along with the version/snapshot number that you tried the latest driver with?
Key Is Full, when you were using older snapshots, did you have any problems at all?
Cheers.

2010-07-26 17:55:41

well, it's working for now. need to update the snapshot but will do that in a few. am sure it'll work after this.

2010-07-26 23:09:50

b4 I updated, I was using an older version of the driver, and the official 2010.1. I upgraded to 3647 yesterday.

This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!

2010-07-28 19:23:02

hi all
man there are a lot more posts than I thought. ah well... I myself am using windows 7 64 bit, AMD ultra duel core mobile processor, 4gb of ram with latest nvda bzr main, r3658. I'm having no eloquence problems here but that doesn't mean there aren't bugs in the driver. there were some pretty significant changes between the last  couple of revisions, including one that has eloquence running on a separate thread and posting all it's  speech  to it, wich then has to be relayed back to nvda through it's synth framework. I don't understand it myself at all. the writer of the driver is moving at the moment and isn't online anywhere I know how to get ahold of him. I'm not very proficient in python but i'll do my best to fix any problems but if there's an error somewhere, I'm going to need an nvda log in order to pinpoint where to look in the code, if nvda just stops and dies I can't fix it. if anyone has any problems with the synth please email me by using the link on this forum.
i'll keep everyone posted on any new eloquence driver updates.
thanks

I love fresh coffee, it's just so lovely! mmmmmmmmm, coffee!

2010-07-29 00:37:07

hi all
btw, to answer the queery about nvda devs putting in a safeguard, no, they have not, because if they had eloquence would no longer work for me here and I am using both the latest eloquence posted here and the latest nvda source, r3658. about the link not working, i'm stumped, as I test the link before I post it here and try to launch it from here and it always works. is confused. about nvda not loading eloquence or an error, make sure you have both eloquence.py, _eloquence.py and the eloquence folder in  either, for installed copies, c:\users\user name\appdata\roaming\nvda\synth drivers\. to make this easier, go to the nvda menu in the start menu and click on explore user configuration directory. this will not work on portable copies, for those go to the folder where nvda is stored and make absolutely sure eloquence.py, _eloquence.py and eloquence folder, all contained in the zip file are inside \user config\synthDrivers. not synthDrivers, but user config\synth drivers. if you put it in just synthDrivers it will throw an error and fail to load. the reason for this is because eloquence is not part of nvda's main code, but an add on, and extra synth drivers go in user config.
if all else fails, please email me by using the link on the forum to do so, I don't check back here often unless there is a new eloquence update, i'm usually very busy all day.
hope this helps

2010-07-29 04:02:58

The whole link not working here is because there is a period and the forum thinks that that is part of the link too, such just press enter right after you paste in the link.

2010-07-29 11:30:29

key is full and key was full are you the same person? you've got symilor sygnitures and very similor user names.

2010-07-29 11:31:52

yep.

2010-07-29 11:41:46

cool.

2010-07-29 11:42:53

hahahahahahahaha! if you are the same person that means i've got more post's than you. hahaha!

2010-07-29 11:53:57

hi all. due to some people not being able to download the eloquence driver, I've revised the link with no period at the end. hopefully this should fix the issue? the link is, http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3349789/eloquen … 20nvda.zip
off to make coffee now...

2010-08-04 20:18:10 (edited by burak 2010-08-04 20:18:52)

ware is the system access? please give a link.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2010-08-06 07:34:20 (edited by simon4599 2010-08-06 21:06:44)

Hi, just came up here to say, firstly, thanks to the writer(s?) of the eloquence driver. Been using it for months now and it works great.

Second, I can't get the dropbox link for the eloquence manual to work. I was hoping to be able to mess around with it, but it seems as though it's been taken off dropbox, unless I'm missing something, which I don't think I am. Can someone repost this please?

I've also noticed that in the latest NVDA snapshots, for some reason, loading the eloquence driver can sometimes result in a freeze of NVDA, which requires me to go into task manager and manually end the process before restarting. I'm not sure when this started, but it usually doesn't happen when the program starts, mainly if I revert to saved config or just switch synthesizers.

One last thing. I still use the old, original ECI driver to read things, because for whatever reason, the newer one pauses at the end of lines. Can this be fixed? I'd love to be able to use this driver to read books instead of switching synths. I can post the file, but I'm sure someone has it and I have to sign off of here for the night. I'll be back up here to check this thing regularly though.
Edit: I'm pretty sure the original NVDAEloq.zip is the file I was referring to. That's what I used to use until someone modified the driver. I can deal with it, but it would be nice to have one driver that did everything, especially with the pause changes made to the new one. The old driver pauses as much as the sapi4 version, which gets slightly annoying.

2010-08-06 23:34:16 (edited by coffeeking 2010-08-06 23:48:12)

hi. sorry about the dropbox link not working, I changed the name a while ago to clarify just what the file was and what it's for. the new link, wich shouldn't change any more is, http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3349789/Eloquen … manual.pdf
this details all the functions of eloquence, but some of them aren't available because we only have the built dll and  not the c files and header files. haven't managed to find an sdk so gave up. hoping for there to be a new update soon, the main developer of the driver has been offline for a while, think he's in the process of moving. don't know to where though.
thanks

2010-08-07 18:50:23

hi all:
due to some issues with the zip file being corrupted after download I have repackaged the eloquence driver into a self extracting executible. the link to the new file is, http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3349789/eloquen … 20nvda.exe
I hope this fixes some issues with nto being able to download/open the zip file. there are no new updates as of yet.
thanks

2010-08-10 07:33:11

Ok, thanks. I got it now.

For some reason the eloquence up here doesn't seem as up to date as the one I have. It still spells out emails (for instance, [email protected] is said as s i m o n, at andrelouis.com) and the pauses are longer. Am I missing something?

2010-08-10 19:10:50

ah crap, I forgot that I went into the driver and commented out the lines that pronounce emails, I didn't like it so I changed it. I'll redo it and repost it. as for the pauses, I have no idea, I noticed that too, but until the developer gets back I can't really fix it, since I can't make much sense of the file itself, only bits of it.

2010-08-12 01:56:31

hi all, I've updated the eloquence driver to re-enable the reading of email addresses and file extentions. email addresses are now pronounced, not spelled out. same goes for file extentions. let me know  what you guys think of it, if you guys like it, I'll keep it like it is and if not I'll disable it again. otehr than that there are no  new updates
the link is,  http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3349789/eloquen … 20nvda.exe
hth

2010-08-16 19:14:51

The latest version is 2010.1.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2010-08-17 15:47:59

cofiking, what's hth?

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2010-08-17 16:20:11

hth stands for hope that helps

<Insert passage from "The Book Of Chrome" here>