2009-12-27 14:34:17

hi all. sorry I haven't replied in a while, have been busy with christmas presents. mary christmas to all, thought it is late. I  have an updated eloquence driver that fixes some rare but very annoying audio issues wich could cause speech to cut out or stutter when the c p u is under a heavy load or when there is a delay of some kind. I have not updated dropbox but am doing that now. link is, http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3349789/eloquen … 20nvda.zip . Munawar, I have not gotten your email containing the eloquence files yet. it's possible that I deleted  it or you just haven't sent it. i have a bad habbit of selecting all, delete key, perge from trash. I'll still help you but I am not quite sure what's going on.  could you send your nvda log with the nvda errors? eloquence should not behave in this way. try downloading the current one I just pasted and if that doesn't fix it I'll be glad to help.

I love fresh coffee, it's just so lovely! mmmmmmmmm, coffee!

2010-01-06 22:14:34

Hi,

The only problem now with this eloquence driver is that the brazillian portuguese language does not work. It says brazillian portuguese but the language doesn't actually change.
Josh Kennedy jkenn337 {at} gmail{dot} com

2010-01-07 08:01:32

hi all. josh is right. brazilian portuguese language doesn't yet work. this broke early on in the driver development. I can't fix it myself as I don't know what's causing it but I'll contact the writer of the driver and see if he can fix it.

2010-01-29 20:58:57

hi all:
sorry it's been a while since i wrote in, there haven't been any new developments on the eloquence driver but i've noticed a few audio bugs which I'm trying, rather ammaeturishly to fix.  but I have an interesting post. i have the eloquewnce users manual, I found it on the web and thought I'd post a link to it in case someone finds it useful. it's mainly useful for people who have experience with programming but there is one cignificant advantage. it details how to use phanetics to customize the way eloquence pronounces things. you have a much finer level of control over eloquence's pronounciation then you do in nvda's dictionaries. the link is: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3349789/Eloquen … manual.pdf
I would normally include this in eloquence for nvda.zip but i  haven't, because I'm not sure if it is useful to anyone. if there's a strong demand for it I'll include it and post it.

as soon as there are any new developments on nvda I'll post here.

2010-03-21 09:54:27

hi all. it's been a wile but I finally updated the eloquence driver to fix the brazillion portuegese language. it was a simple one line fix, wonders why I took so long. anyway, here's the link. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3349789/eloquen … 0nvda.zip. I'm hoping to fix a few more things, and also speed the driver up a bit,  it lags a bit in windows explorer but I suspect that's nvda. so there's definitely more coming. please keep in mind that I'm not an expert in programming so I may need help fixing the issues that I've found. if anyone is willing to help me please either email me or reply on this forum..  the person I had helping me is busy these days and doesn't always have time to help and I am getting tired of waiting weeks between fixes.  no offense meant to that person.
I've also reorganized the file structure a bit and removed several useless layers of folders. I had two or three folders before the actual driver.

2010-03-22 20:07:29

For information, NVDA is working well on windows 7.

But it's still not possible to have a standalone NVDA on a USB key with eloquence speech if eloquence is not installed on the target computer.

There are 10 kinds of people : those who know binary, and those who don't.

2010-03-23 11:16:52

are you sure? lemme test with  nvda 2010 beta and latest eloquence on my sd card. please hold... works fine, but you must, must have eloquence folder, and eloquence.py in user config\synthdrivers inside the nvda folder. if nvda was on e:\nvda, the path would be, e:\nvda\user config\synth drivers. putting it into e:\nvda\synth drivers might work as well, but it definitely works in user config\synth drivers.  if you don't have both eloquence folder and eloquence.py in user config\synthDrivers, it will throw an error and default to espeak.

2010-05-20 23:03:33

hi all. sorry there's been no updates recently, have been fiddling with the nls advanced player and reading books. there's another eloquence update wich fixes some audio issues and speeds the synth up considerably. it's a lot more responsive than it was and that's saying something. the pauses between words and with punctuation have been shortened and the odd pauses that used to occur are now gone. as usual, the link is,  http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3349789/eloquen … 0nvda.zip. enjoy! if you guys haveany issues report them here and I'll get them to the developer of the driver, I'm not him, as soon as I can. i'll try not to go so long without posting too.
thanks

2010-05-21 04:25:41

hi all. uploaded a new eloq  driver that fixes an issue where the pitch wouldn't stay at the set value. link is usual,  http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3349789/eloquen … 0nvda.zip. enjoy!

2010-05-21 23:53:40

Hi, and thanks a lot for the update.
This is probably a stupid question, but what's the best way to update? Remove the driver from the Synthdrivers and extract the new zip file into it, or just overwrite all of the files?
Thanks.

2010-05-22 04:52:15

hi:
just overwriting the files should do it, just make sure you aren't running nvda when you try to do it or files will be locked. close nvda, hit control+v and then alt+a and then restart nvda. that's all there is to it.
thanks

2010-06-11 20:25:53

Hmm... Bobby is Sandy and Sandy is Bobby... I've got some problems installing the driverr, but maybe it's not a big thing since it works on the portable nvda.  Anyway I put the fild in c:\rograms\nvda\synthdrivers (both the folder and file) but it isn't working. I've got my NVDA in programs folder, not program files folder, because the NVDA installer chose that folder, but maybbe it doesn't change to much?

Sometimes the best you can doo is to forget. Don't waste your time with what already has been done, because then you wil just break down in the end.

2010-06-11 20:50:06

No hermain, in the start menu there is a selection in the NVDA menu called explore user configuration directory, and choose that option, and find the synthDrivers folder in there, and put the driver there.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2010-06-16 14:34:57

@coffeeking that dropbox link doesnt work.

2010-06-17 21:36:09

Take the perioud off of the end of the link; that should fix your issue.

2010-06-21 00:24:53

hi. I've just updated the dropbox link. I was
out at a father's day party, and forgot to do it this morning. the new
driver should fix the issue where nvda will sometimes hang when exiting. . it also now correctly announces file exts, I.e.
.rar instead of .r a r. personally I don't like this so much, but that's
just me. it also pronounces email address, instead of spelling them out.
I.e. [email protected] instead of c o f f e e k I n g m s@g m a I l.com
link is: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3349789/eloquen … 20nvda.zip
thanks

2010-07-06 01:36:27

hi all! happy fourth of july. here's your independence day present, a new eloquence update. this one adds a new file, _eloquence.py, wich removes  all the dll code intoa  separate file just like all the nvda synths do. it also should fix the exit issue for good. as usual, the link is, http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3349789/eloquen … 0nvda.zip. please let me know if there are any problems, i haven't encountered any but i'll do my best to fix any problems if they come up.
thanks

2010-07-06 11:29:07

if the links failed, which it did on my end, I fixed it. I removed the period at the end and replaced spaces with %20 and it works now. the link i
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3349789/eloquen … 20nvda.zip

<Insert passage from "The Book Of Chrome" here>

2010-07-19 01:49:03

Hey all. my name is Brandon. i tried the latest eloquence driver but got the error that the synthesizer couldn't load. pasted it in my user folder and everything am running windows 7. can someone reload it or see what's going on. thanks would like to get eloquence working with nvda. thanks.

2010-07-24 17:23:21

hi all. I have an updated eloquence driver wich fixes most, if not all, of teh words taht would crash eloquence if you encounter them, as well as shortening some of the pauses in the middle of sentences  a bit more than teh already were. I've reverted teh change where nvda speaks file exts and elail addresses instead of spelling them out due to personal preference but if any one wants it back I can easily fix it. the link is, http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3349789/eloquen … 0nvda.zip. note that eloquence now uses the new synthDriver  framework  introduced introduced in 2010.1 si uf abyibe us ysubg aby version older than that they will eitehr need to upgrade to a snapshot or source, or use the older version  of the driver. I'm actually surprised   the older synth  framework still works.
thanks

2010-07-24 18:36:30 (edited by Ethin 2010-07-24 18:39:49)

I had a horible dream! Hear's what it was about!! I am talkin to a man and another man! All of the sudden I hear the rumble of fire! We open the large door and look around! Oh, no! A fire is moving about in a small room, about 10 by 10 feet. I swich on my EVA. It says : Fire! To the Left, 3! I run for my life, scared of this horible fire! It races after me, right on my tail! I screem, AETAEO! And, I a rive at a room and sit next to my friend. And, The fire comes rumbling off to my left! my friend picks up a book and reads 2 or some pages before the fire burns that book to ashes! I jump over the fire and race to the door but that allmighty fire is too quick! It races toward me at lightning speed! I find a lightning rod and wip the fire with it, but the fire avoides it and moves on, destroying anything in its way!! I grab a golden tea and use it on the large fire! It charges at the tea but I fockess hard on the fire and make a large enuff hole in the glass that it shadders and I crawl out and so do my team members. And, well, the hole buillding explodes!
Thats my dream/storry!

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2010-07-24 19:36:58

this is the most epic offtopicness i've ever saw
like seriusly.
anyway if the link is broken, I'm not sure if it's the forum, here is my attempt at
my attempt at fixing it
if you get an error witht hat one, here is the raw link without any tags or an http to avoid any forum filters.
dl.dropbox.com/u/3349789/eloquence%20for%20nvda.zip

2010-07-24 19:41:03

BTW, NO MATTER WHAT I do it always gives me an error when I try to load the synth in nvda. I am using the latest snapshot. a friend of mine tells me that the nvda devs put it some sort of safeguard that prevents nvda from using it, is that true?

2010-07-25 14:33:09

Your file work for me neither. I have the latest snapshot (3647).

Switching to NVDA as my primary screen reader is not for tomorrow... eloquence and jaws-cursor-like are still missing.

There are 10 kinds of people : those who know binary, and those who don't.

2010-07-25 15:42:38

Hey guys. got the new driver and will try it. maybe the reason why it isn't working for me is i am copying it from mac to windows. may try to get it from windows later today but i doubt it'll fix the error i am getting. let's hope i can get it working on windows 7