2009-08-14 09:51:55

hi, where can i find manual for my laptop? i cant find it
laptop type: msi vr601
model: msi ms163c
thanks.

f.a.t.h.e.r

2009-08-14 11:20:12

First port of call should be the web site for your laptop manufacturer, most of them have the manual available in PDF format.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2009-08-14 19:38:19

the page is strange, cant find on this nothing.

f.a.t.h.e.r

2009-08-14 22:17:23

In some cases, the manual come's in PDF loaded on the HD of the laptop and a old version of Adobe Reader is installed to view this manual

Sorry for my bad English. I'm from Argentina and my level speaking this language is low.

2009-08-15 10:26:38

Bucklee, not meaning to sound rude but you honestly can't expect others to find something like that for you. Especially not people who barely know you.

In the unlikely event that the site is not accessible at all then you need sighted assistance which we obviously can't provide. If the site is just difficult to use, well that's just an opportunity for some good practice.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2009-08-15 15:19:48

no, i dont want to find the manual with someone others!!! just i am asked.

f.a.t.h.e.r

2009-08-17 15:37:40

I usually keep it turned on. 2save power, I switched to powersaver scheme in Vista, changed some the settings around. I made it so the screen brightness was 16% when batteried, 100% when plugged, as no power is lost when charging. Probably you can disable it uZing the deviceManager, devmgmt.msc in the run box. I wonder would this affect the computer starting up? mmmmmmm!

I like to sleep.

2009-08-17 16:22:51

Some things can't be disabled. I've previously tried, for example, disabling the touchpad which I kept knocking by accident using the device manager but without any success.

cx2
-----

2009-08-17 20:33:00

Some touchpads can be locked configuring the Lock Settings in the Mouse Properties on the Windows Control Panel.

Sorry for my bad English. I'm from Argentina and my level speaking this language is low.

2009-08-17 21:53:04

I didn't do that. somebody spent their time watching my work all the time, so i did some stuff with the settings so the  display didn't work properly. And i advice you NOT to do it. I can not remember how i did it, and I can't understand how in the whole existance i can turn it back on.

I live to crochet!

2009-08-17 22:18:55

In windowsDefender I just used the SoftwareExplorer to disable the touchpad enhancement driver from starting up!

I like to sleep.

2009-08-18 08:43:19

That option wasn't available for my touchpad.

Also disabling the touchpad enhancement software doesn't necessarily disable the touchpad, only the enhancements.

cx2
-----

2009-08-18 09:55:15

uR right about that, cx2, as the touchpad still works, but it does save memory. THe touchpad enhancements were using about 150MB or so!

I like to sleep.

2009-08-18 16:30:19

I find that really unlikely. Are you sure t said MB and not KB? 150mb would be ridiculous.

cx2
-----

2009-08-18 21:02:04

Now I remember exactly what i did. I set all the settings to zero. I checked it recently. It doesn't work on my other laptop though, so it might NOT work for you. (And i still think that it is unwise to play around with those settings unless you know what you are doing.)

I live to crochet!

2009-08-18 22:35:32

Wait, maybe k. Yep, does the mem usuage coumn in taskManager display as kb or mb? I always thought mb, but maybe I am wrong ...

I like to sleep.

2009-08-19 11:22:27

Well 150mb is an insane amount. Look at the amount of ram you have, then look at the amount things are using. 100mb is quite a lot really, and things that sit in the background should normally be trying to use less so they don't interfere with system performance.

cx2
-----

2009-08-19 12:10:12

Well actually i have a sweet 3GB of mem on my pc, which is really good 'cause I purchased it like in October of last year. It has a 2Ghz Intel CPU on it too!

I like to sleep.

2009-11-07 17:55:21

drg wrote:

Monitor Power

This program was first released on Friday, July 20, 2007 as version 0.1.
The current version was released on Saturday, July 19, 2008 as 0.5.
Code from a script was taken from the autoit forms and was modified to
fit this program's purpose.
This program will turn off your monitor once it is run, and will turn
your monitor on when it is shut down.
The priority of the program is automatically set to low, and it will
loop every fifty milliseconds instead of ten, in an attempt to reduce
some of the lag that some users have been experiencing..
Notes:
This program adds no values to your registry.
This program has no installer of any kind, and may be run from any
location on your computer, or from a remote location that is not on your
system.
This program was designed to save power on laptops which do not have the
option to turn off the screen, preferably, my own.
This program will most likely not work on Windows Vista, and seems to
lag on some computer systems.
You can attempt to speed up your computers performence while the program
is running, and your computer's performence in general, by doing the
following:
Please note, in order to perform these steps, you must be an
administrator, and running Windows XP Home or Professional, because I
don't know how to perform these steps on other operating systems.
1. Press Win+Pause, or click system from the control pannel.
2. In the system dialog, click the advanced tab.
3. Click performence settings.
4. Click the radio button that says, "Adjust for best performence" then
click the Ok button.
5. Click Ok again.

Features:
    1 Ability to keep your monitor deactivated in order to save power
    2 Hotkey support Hotkeys will turn your monitor on or off.
WIN+F2 will activate your monitor.
WIN+F3 will deactivate your monitor.
Asending beeps will alert you that the monitor is active.
Descending beeps will alert you the monitor is deactivated.
3 The status of your monitor's power will be shown in the system
tray.
If your monitor is on, you will see
Monitor Power - Monitor On
    4 Help baloons will tell you if your monitor is on or off.
This is helpful for screen readers.

Features to be Added
    1 Exit hotkey
A hotkey will be added to kill the program.
                       Download the program here.
HTTP://vrnw.dyndns.org/Downloads/MonitorPower.exe

Link broken.Pls repost

2009-11-29 15:16:03

I have a sony laptop which I got a few months ago (my other one was six years old, it had to go). I can't even turn off the brightness, which makes things hard because sometimes I want to work with headphones when the family is sleeping. I bet monitor power is my sollution if I can get it.

skype name: techluver
Feel free to add me.

2009-12-02 06:57:49

is it possible to turn off laptop display... i know there are laptops that has automatic stand-by and it is configure via control panel but manually disabling the display? haven't heard it yet...