2018-12-18 19:54:19

Hi. I have just started a YouTube channel. However, I need to be able to edit audio. Can someone please teach me how to edit audio? My Skype name is  Gexxxxxxxxxorxxxxxxxxxxge buxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxnxxxxxxxxxge.   Just remove all of the  X’s.  I use audacity and gold wave.

Hopefully, we'll get a fully accessible open world game someday.

2018-12-18 23:22:34

If it’s not possible, that’s okay.

2018-12-19 04:17:11

I'd look at stuff online just to get started, then you can go from there.  A good guide to get started with audacity blind can be found here:

https://wiki.audacityteam.org/wiki/Auda … lind_users

From what I've seen of your videos, seems like it will be some easy editing.  I will say however that you can edit both video and audio in Reaper, and use the general controls you'd be using in audacity (cut and paste, trimming, etc etc).

Hope that helps.  Try and find stuff on YouTube also.  But really to learn how to edit audio you just sort of...have to edit it and try different things, that's how I learned.

2018-12-19 07:55:13

do you use facebook or whattsApp! i can help you.

2018-12-19 08:28:40

Unfortunately, I don’t use any of those. Also, can audacity edit the audio that is in the videos? My videos are not in audio form.

2018-12-19 09:48:05

i use gold wave for audio editing, it's quite accessible and easy to use once you get your head round how the whole thing works. then it's a case of getting to the right place in the audio file to do things

For me, the new coding age begins!

2018-12-19 10:09:12

I am stuck. I need to cut a piece of an MP3 file. I then need to paste it into my video at the beginning. My video is not an audio format. What should I do? I can’t afford the more expensive editors.  I am not currently able to spend money on any audio editing software.

2018-12-19 12:57:51

cut the mp3 file like you normaly should, then add a blank immage to the file, whitch will then let you have video format, then just combine the 2 videos.

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2018-12-19 14:46:38

How do I do that?

2018-12-20 09:52:00

Reaper actually let's you edit the audio in the video.  Audacity only edits audio, you'd have to be recording the audio in audacity separately, edit it, then sync up the audio with the video footage.  If you want to just straight up edit your raw video and audio footage, Reaper would be the trick - and it's free!  They give you a free trial to use it.  Then you can export video out in reaper as well, but you can't edit audio attached to video in audacity because you can't import video footage into it.

2018-12-20 15:00:55

I think my trial might have expired. I remember installing it about a year ago. I thought I might be able to compose music with it.

2018-12-20 18:35:33

@11, you can't just go from learning to eddit to composing music, lmao

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2018-12-20 20:41:46

Hi. There's really no better way to learn audio editing, or anything else for that matter, than reading guides and manuals, understanding the stuff in question and experimenting: blundering on the way, messing up a couple of important files and shouting everything to hell - and then - trying again and gaining some knew knowledge and skills on the way for sure. It's also a truely important point not to be afraid and just start somewhere. At least that has been my way of doing it and it still works the same when I'm starting up with something new and previously unknown.

2018-12-20 20:51:35

Hi. I think I might be using gold wave. I might do a course on it soon. Am I able to edit the audio that  is in a video file?

2018-12-20 22:20:12

I have installed reaper on my PC. Where should I start?

2018-12-21 02:40:02

I found the cool blind tech podcasts very useful when I started using reaper for the first time. It's just audio not video, but it'll teach you a lot of the basics about simple recording and editing audio clips. I thinnk there are five parts. Here's the link to the first:
https://coolblindtech.com/reaper-on-win … s-awesome/

2018-12-21 05:16:46

Learning how to use Reaper could take a while, since Reaper is a pretty wide open software.

2018-12-21 14:23:05

uh dude, your not making sense, you said your gonna use goldwave, then you said reaper one post later...?

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2018-12-23 10:43:52

Reaper's accessible wiki is a great resource too.  You can edit video in Reaper, I've done it plenty of times and it works exactly the same as editing audio in it, just import the video file.  There's a video processor plug in, but I can't seem to get it to work for fancier video features, but just learning to edit audio like normal in reaper and then importing media - whatever video clip you want to edit should do the trick for you, good luck.