2018-12-14 08:46:54

Hi people.
I bought the Super Smash Bros: Ultimate game, and, this is strange, I will buy the Nintendo Switch in Christmas. But that doesn't stop me.
I'm a fan of these games and I'm planning to do a menu guide. I didn't put this in the new releases because I'm not Announcing the game, I'm asking for who is interested on a guide, that I'm planning to put on the articles room. I'm a native spanish speaker, so sorry and I'm open to words correction, grammar, etc. If I get enough support I'll start it on january.
Thanks!

I am a gamer from the begining of my life, and that will not change :p

2018-12-14 14:13:13

i'm in to here this, although I might not get to play the game, it'll be interesting to know, and I'll gladly help with your english in the article.

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2018-12-14 15:41:57

I would be glad to help as well. This was something I was hoping to do around Christmas time, because that't when I hope to have the game.
Something that I'm assuming, because that's how it seems, is how the character select screen is laid out. From what I think and assume, it is based off the introduction into the Smash Bros. Series,  so a helpful start would be to look at the website, and write the numbered fighters in order.

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2018-12-14 16:11:28

Yes please I'd love this!
I don't know when I'll get to play the game but I hope to eventually get a switch.

2018-12-14 22:29:37

Hi.
I'll focus in the main menus first, then on the character screen, and then in the stage screen. I'll play in spanish so I'll translate the menus to english, so the menus wont be too acurate.

2018-12-31 22:00:15

Hi.
Finally I have the Switch and can start in some days. But before...
The game like the previous games is playable, some stages are dificult but it's playable. The menu sistem is great, for example in the main menu the menus doesn't wrap to the first option, etc.

2018-12-31 22:42:52

So from what I know, in the main menu, you start on Smash.
Down below Smash is the Spirits menu, and to the right of Smash is Vault. Above Vault is the Games and more Menu, which houses things like Classic Mode and Mob Smash. On every menu there is a dashboard, which can either be accessed by pressing ZR, or scrolling towards it.
In the Games and More menu, you start on Classic. Below Classic is Training, and to the right of Training, Mob Smash. Below those too are the amiibo icon, followed by the Mii Fighter icon, concluding with (if you have not unlocked everyone) the Challengers Approaching icon.
I hope this helps.

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2019-01-02 09:16:54

Hi.
Is this game only released for the Switch?

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2019-01-02 10:38:03

Considering it's a nintendo released title, with characters from nintendo published games, yes.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2019-01-02 22:45:39 (edited by threeblacknoises 2019-01-07 02:38:47)

Rough menu guide incoming...
Updated January 6, 2019.

Main Menu
Left Column
Smash
Spirits
Right Column
Games and More
Vault

EShop is in the bottom right.

So the menu actually looks like this

Games and More
Smash   Vault
Spirits Online Eshop

Games and More Menu
Left Column
Classic Mode
Training
Mii Customization
Right column
Mob Smash
Amiibo

When available, Challengers Approach will appear as a small door icon in the bottom right of this menu.

So it looks like this

Classic Mode         
Training Mob Smash
Mii Customization Amiibo Challengers Approach

Mob Smash Menu
Sentry smash
Allstar Smash
Cruel smash

Spirits Menu

World of Light is the only option on the left

On the right
Spirit Board
Collection
Activities
This last option won't be available right away, but you can still land on its space.

Collection Menu

Left column
Team Settup
Inventory

Right column
Levelup
Dismiss
Summon

So it looks like this

Levelup
Team Settup Dismiss
Inventory Summon

Vault Menu

Left column
Sound
Records

Right column
Replays
Tips
Shop

Challenges andMovies are between Records and shop.
Also a present icon appears at the far right, but most of the time, it won't do anything.
You'll click on this if you receive a gift from nintendo.
So it actually looks like this.

Sound       Replays
      Tips
Records Chalenges Movies Shop Present

Sounds Menu
Music
Voices
My music
An option for playlists appears to the right of music.
Choosing music will bring up a list of all the albums you have.
These are actually the different game series with a play all option at the far left, which is where you start.
Choosing any of these options will bring up a menu of all the songs on that album.
At time of writing this guide, the music menu reports that I have 851 songs unlocked with a total playtime of 28 hours, 40 minutes and 28 seconds, so you'll need to disable your sleep timer if you plan on playing all songs anytime soon.
This isn't what you start out with, I just thought I'd give you an idea of what you're in for with the play all option.
Oh yeah, the controls...
Pres A to play a song, left up down or right to select a different song, l or R to move by track hold to rewind or fast forward; yeah that's actually a thing; start to pause or unpause, but only if you're on the song that's playing; otherwise it'll just play the song you're on, B to exit.
The Y button will bring up an option to add the selected song to a playlist.
Press A to enter something on the name screen then press start to creat a playlist.
This will complete a challenge and unlock the song "Valt."
To remove said playlist, go to playlists, press right, then press X then hold down to get to the delete option, then pres A, left to select yes, then A.
You can also remove the default "Main Themes" playlist in the same manner, just without having to pres right first.
Once all playlists are gone, said option will simply produce a "No playlists found" prompt before kicking you out to the sounds menu.
This will also happen when deleting your last playlist.
Pro tip, plug a USB keyboard into your docked switch to enter names that are, well, actual names.

Smash Menu
Smash
Tourney
Special Smash
Squad Strike is on the left.

So it kind of looks like this

Smash
Squad Strike Tourney
             Special Smash

Special Smash Menu
Custom Smash
Smashdown, Super Sudden Death

When entering these modes, you'll be asked for your ruleset.
The top option is last used, but you can press right to bring up the menu to edit or delete the set.
Edit is the top option, and it'll bring up the menu below.

Rules Menu
Note; this is only for normal smash at the moment

Style; Time, Stock, stamina. (Default is time.)
Time, Stock or Stamina setting. (Defaults; time 3 minutes, stock 3, stamina 150.)
fS Meter; Off, on. (Default is off.)
Spirits; Off, on. (Default is off.)
CPU Level; 1 to 9. (Default is 3.)
Damage Handycap; Off, on. (Default is off.)
Stage Selection; Anyone, Take Turns, Loser's Pick, In order, Random, Battle field and Omega forms, Battle field Only, Omega Form only. (Default is anyone.)
Items
Random Stage Selection
Advanced settings Toggle
(Shows or hides the options Below. They'll simply appear after the toggle once it's clicked.
Click the toggle again or press b to hide this menu again.

Advanced menu
First to; Win 1 to 5. (Default is 1.)
Stage Morph; Off, Autopick, every minute to 5 minutes in increments of 30 seconds. (Default is off.)
Stage Hazards; Off, on. (Default is on.)
Team Attack, Off, on. (Default is off.)
Launch Rate; 0.5 to 2.0. (Default is 1.0.)
Underdog Boost; Off, on. (Default is off.)
Pausing; Off, on. (Default is on.)
Score Display; Off, on. (Default is on.)
Show Damage, no, yes. (Default is yes.)
End advanced menu
Notes; Some of these options are actually written in reverse order, but pressing left or right activates the options in the order listed in this menu guide. IE; Yes and no are in that order on the screen, but pressing left activates no.
End notes.

Save
Note; Save will ask for a name if you haven't entered one yet. Just press start to use the default.
You can press start anywhere on the rules menu to activate the save option.
You'll know the name screen has appeared because the music volume will decrease.
Holding right or left on a setting that uses a number (IE Stock, time Limit) will cause it to increment or decrement to it's highest or lowest value before stopping. pressing the same direction will cause the setting to rap to it's lowest or highest value.
Settings like style or the on off toggles do not rap.
Also, holding up or down will cause the menu to scrole all the way to the top or bottom without rapping.
Pressing up or down again will of course cause the menu to rap.

Training Menu
number of CPUs; 1 to 3
CPU Damage; 0 to 999 percent
Fixed Damage; Off, on
Trajectory Guide; off, on
CPU behavior; Stop, Keep CPU Level Grade, Walk, Run, Jump, Nutral Special, Side smash, Control
Other Settings, items
Quit training
Notes; Quit Training is actually at the top. I just placed number of CPUs at the top because that's where you start.
Holding right or left on a setting that uses a number will cause it to increment or decrement to it's highest or lowest value before stopping. pressing the same direction will cause the setting to rap to it's lowest or highest value.
Settings like the on off toggles do not rap.
Also, holding up or down will cause the menu to scrole all the way to the top or bottom without rapping.

Other settings Menu
Spead; 1x to 1.5x
Combo Display; do not display, display
Invincibility frames; do not display, display
CPU Shuffling; None, A Little, A Lot
Stale Moves; off, on
P1 damage, 0  to 999 percent
Notes: Holding right or left on a setting that uses a number will cause it to increment or decrement to it's highest or lowest value before stopping. pressing the same direction will cause the setting to rap to it's lowest or highest value.
Settings like the on off toggles do not rap.
The items menu still allows you to place items in the stage to mess around with, however it has evolved from a simple toggle to a full-fledged system.
For example, you can now select the specific assist trophy or Pokémon that will appear from the assist trophy, Poké ball or master ball respectively.
You'll need to click on the assist trophy, Poké ball or master Ball option to then get a list of what can appear from it.
Once in either of these menus, back is on the left.
As with other menus, hold left until the curser sound stops to find it.
The smash ball, assist trophy, Poké Ball, then Master ball options are the first on the menu.

Dashboard Menu
Access this by pressing ZR or pressing right on the DPad until you hear a page opening sound.
Close it by either pressing left or the B button.
As with most menus, holding up or down will cause the menu to scrole to the topmost or bottommost item respectively, while pressing the same direction again will cause it to rap to the bottom or top respectively.

Go to Top Menu
Collection
Local Wireless
News
Options
Help
You'll most likely start out on Local Wireless if you're on the main menu.

Options Menu

Smash, Controls
Sound, Brightness
Online, Language

The only thing in smash settings you'll want to change is the setting for echo fighters.
This is the third item on the list, and effects all modes except classic.
The default setting is stacked, but you can change it to unstacked by pressing right or left.
While stacked, press Y on a fighter to change to its echo fighter.
Note that pressing B to cansel your selection will also default you to the base fighter.

The sound settings menu is comprised of volume sliders for music, sound effects, and voices from top to bottom, with an extra option to adjust equalization below these.
This extra option cycles between normal, extra treble, then extra base.
Below this setting are shortcuts to the sounds and my music menus.
These shortcuts take up 1 roe, so my music is to the right of sounds.

Stage Select screen Tips
When on the stage select menu, pressing x will cycle between normal, battle field and omega forms.
Pressing Y on a stage will bring up its music choices. While on this menu, pressing Y will toggle the music preview on and off for all choices except the top option, which respects your my music settings.
Up and down move one song at a time, while right and left move by a bigger number.
Pressing b will exit this menu.
Please note that exiting the music preview will reset the form of the stage to normal.
Using these options you can easily choose your stage.
In all but training mode, random is your default, but is not actually selected.
In training mode, you start on the training stage which is at the far left.
This means that all stage choices are offset by one in this mode.
Please note that the default music choice for all stages in this mode is the training theme.
You'll need to use the Y button to select other songs.
Please note that the Y button will preview the training theme, as it's an actual song that can be played.
Once you select a song for a stage, the game will remember it until you select a stage.
So if I select the song "Brake Free (Lead the way)" on the "new donk city hall" stage before moving to another stage, the game will remember that I thought about choosing that song, so the music preview will still play "Brake Free (Lead the way)" if I land on "New Donk City Hall" again.
However, once I leave the screen by backing out or going to the fighter select screen, those memorised songs are forgotten.

Additional Tips
Press and hold B to exit the stage select or fighter select screens.
You'll hear a rising sound before you exit the screen, so release the button before it finishes to stay on the respectibe screen.
This is also how you exit adventure mode.
In the spiret board or adventure mode, the menu that appears when selecting a node always has the party or spirets option at the top.
Clicking this will bring up another menu with the option to change your fighter on the far left with the spirits option next to it which is where you start.
Enter the spiret option then press Y to have the game pick a team for you.
Pres start to fight on the first or second menu.
Their's also an option to fight at the bottom of the first menu, just pres down to reach it.

2019-01-02 22:57:02

Thanks very much for this. I got my switch, now just waiting for help setting it up lol. This will come in very handy.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2019-01-03 04:00:25 (edited by Mitch 2019-01-03 04:04:31)

Thanks for the more detailed notes. To be able to continue in World of Light, does anyone have any tips on navigating between nodes? I was able to get to the Guardian node and unlock Marth, but now I'm a bit lost. Also, what, in other people's opinions, is the easiest way to OCR from the Switch to read spirit descriptions? Is it easier to connect a Bluetooth headset to a TV and OCR using Seeing AI, or is it easier to do in handheld mode?

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2019-01-03 14:11:14

Hi
First, sory or y bad English, I'm french.
I am very interrested by this guide. I think it's will be good to write completly this guide and post in the sexion "article room" in the forum.
Thanks so much for this guide.

2019-01-03 22:55:10

@threeblacknoises thanks for that menu guide, It's incomplete but it have a lot of imformation to start. I'm interested in how to do a 2 players match for example, I know that in the fighter's selection screen it's at the botom, and if you move left to right it moves the cursor and that make a sound. I think it's the first option but... Wen i press A, the right joy-con vibrates and nothing happens. Someone know how to do it?

2019-01-07 02:40:27

Just updated the menu guide with the dashboard menu, options, sound settings, and the correct values for stage morph under smash rules.
Later!

2019-01-18 18:08:13

so newbish question, which smash game would you recommend to start off with, would brawl or melee be decent?  also any tips on playing as a blind player would really be appreciated.  I think these questions have been asked before, but haven't really been answered.

2019-01-18 19:44:57

If you have a Switch, get Smash Ultimate. The sound cues are a lot easier to pinpoint, and you can more easily hear everything going on. If not, then try Smash for Wii U/3ds. You could maybe get them for cheap somewhere if you have those systems.

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2019-01-21 19:50:14

HI,

@1

Yup, i am interested for sure smile

Greetz mike

Visit the following website to see what games we have:
http://www.nonvisiongames.com
Or the following English marketplace to see what retrogames and game merchandise I am selling:
https://www.retro-kingdom.com

2019-01-21 20:52:12

Hi. Someone did a menu guide, I'm thinkin on moving it to post 1 and adding some content, If he lets me to. In other hand also if he want's it I can start to translate the guid to spanish to post it in my website.
Regards.

2019-01-21 22:38:15

HI,

Oh, that sounds awsome. Can it be found on the forums? Or did someone you know made this guide? In other words, where can we find it, if it can be found of course smile

Greetz mike

Or the following English marketplace to see what retrogames and game merchandise I am selling:

2019-01-21 22:56:48

@Pelantas
Take a look at post #10, there it is.

2019-01-22 08:49:05

HI,

Oopsy, my mistake, i had to scan the topic before asking haha, thanks for pointing out smile

Greetz mike

2019-01-22 14:28:03

I don't mind if someone else wants to add content to my guide.
I just posted it to give people a starting point.
Translating is fine to.
The more people who have a complete menu guide so they can play smash, the better!
Later!

2019-01-22 15:25:15

Whenever I play the game this weekend, I will try and get the character select screen and stage selection posted.
On a side note, has anyone noticed that in some smash battles, when someone is launched, the camera zooms, and the audio is displaced? I tried changing the radar setting to off, but that didn't seem to help. I'd prefer to not just play in Special smash, but there are times where it looks like your character is in the middle but they actually aren't.

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2019-01-22 22:59:43

This it's not only in special Smash, this happens to me in regular smash too. Not alwais, but sometimes.