2018-12-09 23:54:34 (edited by Chris 2018-12-09 23:54:59)

I completely agree. Hopefully something can change. I know http://*** has some audio described content, but it's only movies. I haven't received a responsefrom the admin contact form on Blind Mice yet.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2018-12-10 01:08:45

I recently bought a month of sendspace pro just to get as much content as i wanted off that site about a month back. Looks like that was a good move.

2018-12-10 01:25:05

This is too bad, there are so many shows I want to get and there's no way I can get them all before Saturday. I wish there was a way to resolve this.

Stevie-3

2018-12-10 02:25:28

I've been thinking about paying for a month of Sendspace Pro for the exact same purpose. The problem is I'm really not sure if I want to give my money to that horrible file sharing company.

2018-12-10 02:34:46

Does Sendspace offer a free trial?

Stevie-3

2018-12-10 02:44:36

As far as I know, they do not. I think I'm going to grit my teeth and pay them $9. It will be the only payment that company ever receives from me, and should be worth it considering the amount of stuff I'm going to try to grab.

2018-12-10 03:12:30

I would do the same, but Christmas has me strapped for cash. Bad timing for me I guess.

Stevie-3

2018-12-10 11:56:44

Well, I just did it, creating a sendspace pro base account for 30 days to get as much TV stuff off the mall as possible, it would be awesome if you could use a download manager where you would put in all the links and it would automatically download everything.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2018-12-10 12:42:05

Free Download Manager, or "Send Space Downloader," come to mind here...

2018-12-10 13:40:18

The email, which I received as well, is a little vague on one point.
Will they delete the listings, so the links to the content only, or the content they have up as well? I know a majority of links are actually sourced from others, but if they make this move a substantial amount of them might actually be linked to their account. I even think they might have more than one account to take advantage of the way SendSpace handles file storage, financially speaking.
If it's just the listings, the lazy way so they just won't get hits on those links anymore, in a sense all you have to do is mirror the blind mice movie vault websites itself, which you can do with something like winhttrack website copier.
If the links themselves die however, we're not out of the woods yet when we do that. Problem is, the links on the movie vault aren't direct download links. Does Sendspace downloader let you just download off a general sendspace link or does it have to be the link behind the "click here to download" button?
FInally how would you quickly grab all the sendspace links? You'd need to write some scripts that goes through all the letters in the dropdown and click the next page button , than retrieve all targets of the links that aren't "Read more". yuck ...that's some nasty selenium process sad

2018-12-10 14:16:48

I am curious if someone on this forum can take over the role of the movievault? I would not mind paying for that if it is possible to keep it updated and would gladly donate the shows I have stored here to such a service?

2018-12-10 14:22:53

Well, I certainly don't regred paying the 8 euros for the service for 30 days, downloading over 700 Megs in under 2 minutes? That way I know how I get the shows i need.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2018-12-10 14:46:09 (edited by grryfindore 2018-12-10 14:50:08)

Hi,
I echo the feelins about sendspace many others have expressed, but yes. I bought a pro account, just to try and download tv shows from there as much as I am able.
perhaps we could split the task up?

One more thing, don't use sendspace wizard. that thing shows speeds its not downloading at,and almost 80% of the file it downloads are corrupted zips that can't be opened.
on the other thought I think the task quite impossible that is to download all the tv shows on there, so just grab what I think I may like and carry on.
If you would like to team up, I am doing the shows starting with A so you can start on the other end, or send me a pm or something.
Shame really.
Grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2018-12-10 14:54:08 (edited by flackers 2018-12-10 15:06:16)

I too would happily contribute towards any venture to save this content. I think blind mice should have given the community a chance to find an alternative home for all this stuff rather than just throw their toys out the pram because not enough people are donating. You shouldn't go down the donation road in the first place if you're not happy with the idea that the majority will take advantage of the free stuff. If it's genuinely costing them too much money to do this, and they can't find a cost-effective alternative,  then fair enough, but still, don't just chuck it all in the bin.

2018-12-10 16:22:37

I think we should create a new topic where we can share all the shows we have  or need.  This will help with archiving as much content as we can.  I have a few shows that I would like to get, but it is not possible to get it all before Saturday.  Here is the list if anyone can help: daredevil, Jessica Jones,  Luke cage,  The punisher, iron fist, ,  The office, big bang theory, how I Met your mother,  Family Guy, the Simpsons,  other marvel shows, Game of Thrones, DC legends of tomorrow,  and South Park.
Thanks for all your help.

2018-12-10 16:29:37

Do to this topic, I am trying to get  parts of doctor who that I do not have. Do to one reason or another, It is just not happening.  The last few days, the rain sort of interopted my internet connection. Today, I hit the 1 gig cap on sendspace. Anyway, yes, I am missing parts of season 7, and season 9. Anyway, I think we missing something. It is not just the hosting, it is also the bandwith. Do not know why something better can not be found for them. That has pretty much been said in this topic. What part of their business do we not understand? Seems like some ads on the valt may be worth it for them. It seems like they are making a mistake, but time may prove me wrong there.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2018-12-10 16:41:02

I'm a bit unsure if I should go downloading the content that's already available audio described on Netflix. still, I'll try to grab as much as I can.

2018-12-10 16:48:46

@67,  If you are willing to share  you should grab content that is available on Netflix as well.  As not everyone has access to Netflix  because of the country restrictions.

2018-12-10 17:22:24 (edited by Chris 2018-12-10 18:01:17)

I completely agree with that. Georestrictions are retarded! The Internet is supposed to be a global network, but these publishers impose arbitrary and artificial barriers based on location.

edit

For some reason, it says the files for seasons 2 and 4 of Big Bang Theory are unavailable. Is this a sendspace issue or are the files removed? I have the rest of the content including season 1 of Young Sheldon. I love having Sendspace premium. I can download gigs worth of shows in a very short amount of time.

2018-12-10 18:41:20

They have probably started pulling stuff down.

2018-12-10 19:47:47

I am currently trying to download all the tv shows on there, seems impossible. I have started from the very first page, I would suggest others wanting to help start from the back. That way we don't duplicate same shows.
also I will try and get any tv shows people are requesting first, so if you have any like the 2 posts above, post a reply or better yet send me a pm.
Grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2018-12-10 20:39:19 (edited by bryant 2018-12-10 20:46:39)

there really is no excuse for them using sendspace. For 1, I find the website to be annoying. For another, 80kbps for a free account is just dumb. Several years ago I probably would have been ok with 80kbps download speeds, but those days are long gone now, and I feel that sendspace should up the download speeds for free users to something above 100kbps or maybe even 200kbps.

proud to be a patreon of liam erven. Become a patreon today at patreon.com/liamerven

2018-12-10 20:45:57 (edited by MSlion 2018-12-11 00:17:38)

I think it is a good idea for everyone to download what he or she wants. I hope that we will find a sollution to keep a database up and running. As said before, I am very willing to contribute and if someone can explain how to record from netflix, I could dot that as well. I just cannot host such a project. I do not have the disk/cloud space available.
But post any shows you would like to have so that we can get them. Multiple versions is only practical because I myself have some files with issues.

2018-12-10 21:54:47

I bit the bullet and got a month of Sendspace Pro as well. I'm going to spend the next few days getting what I can off the Vault.

I really wish Blind Mice had given this problem more thought rather than just throwing in the towel on their entire TV section. Surely there was a better way to handle the problem with Google Drive or another file hoster.

Also, I just discovered that Jeff Rutkowski's Webpage has a TV shows page with a fairly large selection, though probably not as large as the Movie Vault. It can be found here. Perhaps Jeff would be willing to put up any shows we can salvage?

2018-12-11 03:15:02

I just smply wont'[ have time to do this.  sucks though, my schedule has me tied up doing other things.  I wanted to finish up getting 2 and a half men. I have all the available simpsons seasons and a few NCIS and all game of thrones, but the stuff that's coming out in the future like  well, said series that are still continuing.

My Solo album, "A Life Seen Through Broken Eyes", available now:
iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel