2018-12-01 02:17:41

"Alexa,  I want to hear stereo music."

Hello Philip,
I'd like to give you stereo music but I am only one Echo device.
In order to get stereo you need another Echo of the same type.
Oh, wait a moment, the Echo Second generation does not do stereo unless you also purchase an Echo Sub woofer.
It must be paired with a compatible Echo device.
Echo Sub is optimized for Echo (2nd Gen) and Echo Plus (2nd Gen).
Currently, stereo pairing, speaker groups, and multi-room music only support music playback over your wireless network,
and do not support Bluetooth, 3.5mm AUX in, or TV/video connections.
Some Echo devices support different stereo and subwoofer configurations.

I said, "I'd like to purchase an Echo Sub and another Echo, Second Generation."

You're in luck. For Cyber Monday, you can get
an Amazon Echo Sub Bundled with an Echo (2nd Gen) - Sandstone Fabric,
normaly $229.98
now only $189.98 plus tax. 
You Save: $40.00
and it will arrive on Thursday November 29.

So on Wednesday, I began cleaning the living room to make room for the Echo and Echo sub.
Ding Dong!
The door bell rang and I ran to open the door.
It was my mail carrier with a large box.
Inside was an Echo and an Echo Sub.
I unpacked both, and I won't bore you with the daetails.
There was a nice space behind the chair for the sub. It was 9 pounds and about the size of a 4 slice toaster, but was round and had an ac cord  and plug.
The Echo speaker was about the size of an old fashioned round oatmeal container.
When I plugged it in it said,
"Welcome to Echo, my name is Alexa."
Oh, I don't know which one is your Wi-Fi network.
You'll need to update your Alexa app on your smart phone and pick a Wi-Fi network."
So I went to my iPhone and updated the Alexa app.
I noticed a list of three devices.
Phil's first Echo,
Phil's Second echo,
and Phil's Sub.
However   the second echo and sub were off line.
"Alexa, how do I get your other echo on line?"
"You must be in the phone app and press the top button on the new echo with a dot for six seconds to pair it."
I pressed the button and both echos went on line.
"Welcome Phil. I'll need two hours to update my software."
So I waited two hours.
While waiting I realized that probably thousands of people were trying to do the same.
After two hours the update was stil pending.
After three hours the update was stil pending.
After four hours the update was stil pending.
I went to sleep with the update stil pending.
I woke up with the update stil pending after eleven hours.
After twelve hours the echo was updated.
When I clicked on the app screen,

it said I had to pick which speaker was my left one.
I picked one.
I got a crowd cheering sound and then Led Zeppelin played "stairway to heaven"

I thought Wow Amazon got rites to play that song to demonstrate the stereo effect.
But no I had hit the button three times and the song was just playing on my iPhone.
I said, "Alexa, play Led Zeppelin stairway to heaven.
"I'm sorry Phil. Your amazon music unlimited account will play Amazon music Unlimited but only in one Echo. Now that you have two your special deal is off.

So I called Amazon Echo help.
I found that the $3.99 per month deal is only for one speaker playing mono, and to get two speakers playing stereo the cost was $7.99 per month.
I complained to the helper, and got switched to Maria, his superviser.
She said that it was their policy that two speakers playing amazon music unlimited would cost $7.99 per month.

I asked how to get it.
"Tell "Alexa, upgrade amazon music unlimited."
I did and  Alexa said I had it.
Of course I had to try and play the song.
I said, "Alexa, play Led Zeppelin stairway to heaven.
Wow it sounded good but the right speaker was too loud.
Then I realized the volume control buttons on the top of the device took care of that.
Now I had stereo music but at about $96 per year plus the cost of the two new speakers $201.
Of course to get Apple speakers to do the same would cost $120 per year and $700 for two Apple home pod speakers.

After a year of listening to all my favorite songs in mono it was a pleasure to here them in stereo.
"Alexa, play bruce springsteen born to run."
This was the song I played in my oldsmobile cutlass supreme car on my cassette player as I drove around New Jersey, visiting the Steinback stors that I designed back in the seventies.
And when I drove to the Asbury Park  store, I played his "4th Of July, Asbury Park Sandy" song.

Dispite the cost and agrivation the Echo system sounds grate and the sub woofer really rocks our little house.

2018-12-01 07:34:27

I wouldn't mind getting something like this, but I won't until it supports Bluetooth or anything else besides streaming services. I hate music streaming services! I want my audio files to be stored locally! I'm not going to rent my music!

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2018-12-01 07:43:49

Agreed. I'd prefer to play files from a drive or something.

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2018-12-01 15:48:51

@2

The following page will help ya out greatly:

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/amazon-ech … 24658.html

Also, if yall haven't heard yet, Apple music is coming to the Amazon Alexa Platform!

https://www.technobuffalo.com/2018/11/3 … tegration/

2018-12-01 17:09:53

I kind of feel that that was a dumb mistake on Apple's part. That was probably the only reason I'd get a HomePod. But now that it's on Alexa devices, I have no need.

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2018-12-01 21:25:26

sorry but where i can download alexa: or is it purchiseble?

Yours kindly

2018-12-01 21:38:30

The Alexa  voice is part of a hardware smart speaker from Amazon.
You can also get it as an app on your smart phone.

Amazon Alexa on the iPhone App Store
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/amazon- … 11620?mt=8

Amazon.com Help: Download the Amazon Alexa App
https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer … =201602060

2018-12-01 22:19:24

Wow Phil you used to be an architect? And could drive?
You must have gone blind late in life, that's really too bad. You seem to have adjusted very well though... :-)

2018-12-02 04:59:07 (edited by Chris 2018-12-02 05:12:04)

Apple is bringing Apple Music to Alexa? Woah! What happened to proprietary products, services, and an attitude best described by "You'll get what we give you and like it or take a hike!"? This is dumb! They're essentially nuking their HomePod. Apple Music was the big and only selling feature of that device. Who's going to buy it now that you can get the service on a $50 Echo Dot? They should honestly scrap HomePod if they don't plan on improving Siri or add more features/open it up to more services.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2018-12-02 06:22:08

Because Homepod is supposedly a speaker first, and smart speaker, if you can even call it a smart speaker with Siri being the way it is second.

It's suppose to be a good sounding speaker, but I'm only going off demos I've heard online, and I'm told that there is a huge difference to an online demonstration, and an actual demonstration.

The google home max has more base than homepod, which is why if I had to choose I'd probably get the home max.

Actually, I'm in no rush to even consider a smart speaker because my phone can do most of the things a smart speaker can do.