2018-11-30 22:16:55

Hi,

I'm searching for a good, free, and easy-to-use Skype call recorder for Windows, that just records every Skype calls Automatic, when the call is started, and just runs in the background, and doesn't show an open window all the time.

Can anyone help with finding sutch a program?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards: Aksel Christoffersen

2018-11-30 22:50:24 (edited by arturminyazev 2018-11-30 23:07:04)

i using
This app
only minus for my opinion that this recorder records you on the left, and your caller on the right

let's rock!

2018-11-30 23:08:06

Yeah, I've also tried that app, but I don't like it, because it record all sound from your speakers, and not only Skype. I'm searching for a program that only records the Skype sound, so the sound of my screen reader can't be heard in the recording.

2018-12-01 01:07:19 (edited by defender 2018-12-01 01:08:22)

try virtual recorder from this link.
http://opopanax.net/download/
It lets you disable system sounds and has multiple format choices. I suggest recording in like 96 or 112kbps OGG or 160KBPS MP3 Mono for file size, but if you want to edit it later than FLAC is safest. Then you can just save it at MP3 or OGG after your done editing it anyway.

2018-12-01 01:10:53

I already use virtualrecorder, but how can I set it to only record sound from Skype and my microphone, and not the screen reader and all other sound?

2018-12-01 22:34:10 (edited by defender 2018-12-01 22:34:46)

Ah, that I don't know. You can mute system sounds via VR, and then mute NVDA while talking, but otherwise you'd probably need something like VAC or VBCable.

2018-12-01 22:43:47

Yeah, but are they free?

2018-12-02 05:59:48

I don't know... google it.

2018-12-02 06:43:40

Also, the new Skype supports call recording. It doesn't happen automatically and the other people in the call are notified when you start, but it's probably not going to record your screen reader and such.

2018-12-02 08:45:49

Yeah, but those recordings are uploaded to the cloud. No thanks. I realize that in our increasingly connected world, we have to sacrifice quite a bit of privacy, but I'd really rather not send everything I'm saying to Microsoft. I'm not sending everything I say to Google, even though I have a Google Home, because I mute the mic if I really want to make sure of that. Some people say that any smartphone's mic is always listening no matter what you do, and perhaps that's true, so maybe I'm sending tons of info unwittingly to Apple without knowing it. But consciously being OK with uploading my conversations to a remote server, that's a bridge too far for me.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2018-12-02 09:51:32

#10: I fully agree with that.

#all other: Thanks for the suggestions. I'm not!!! upgrading to Skype 8 unless Skype 7 Closes completely Down. So I guess my best choice is VAC or VB, unless I find something other, but as fare as I can see, they aren't free.

2018-12-02 18:08:38 (edited by Chris 2018-12-02 18:28:22)

There used to be a recording application that you could get. Sadly, I don't think it works anymore. It was called Skype free recorder or something like that. You could always try something like VBCable. https://download.vb-audio.com/Download_ … Pack43.zip

Before doing anything, I recommend setting your screen reader's output device to your default sound card instead of Microsoft Sound Mapper. This will ensure that you do not lose speech if things go wrong. Set Skype to output through the VBCable output device and set your microphone to go through the VBCable input device using the listen feature of Windows sound settings. Then just set the input portion of VB Cable to output to your default sound card using the listen feature so you can hear Skype. Now open your recording application of choice and select the VB Cable device as your recording source. It should record Skype and your microphone. You'll have to listen to yourself, but that's a small price to pay.

If you have Windows 10, you can use the cool new sound mixer to give you even more control. You can now specify an input and output device for each application individually. Windows 10 keeps getting better and better!

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.