2018-11-19 19:41:26

So I purchased manamon I cannot remember when, but I did purchase it. The thing is, I forgot my key. Is there any way of retrieving it, or do I have to buy it again

“The fear of loss is a path to the dark side. Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force. Mourn them do not. Miss them do not. Attachment leads to jealousy.
The shadow of greed that is. Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose.” —

2018-11-19 20:06:19

I'd suggest contacting arron. he should be able to replace your key.

2018-11-19 21:44:05

aaron doesn't do key replacements. It's really fuckin' stupid, I know. But because of this, afraid you'll have to buy it again.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2018-11-19 23:45:11

Unless you kept the email that contained your key, you're out of luck.

2018-11-20 01:54:43

Wait, seriously? 40 dollars, and you only get 1 forever license?

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2018-11-20 02:26:30

well that is completely ridiculous, I should not have to
re buy something that I bought thanks, but all pass. Keep in mind of not meaning to be rude, it is just that is outrageous

“The fear of loss is a path to the dark side. Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force. Mourn them do not. Miss them do not. Attachment leads to jealousy.
The shadow of greed that is. Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose.” —

2018-11-20 02:30:42

That, plus the heavy exchange rate, plus the lack of actual game support AKA updates makes me think that I will not be getting this game...

2018-11-20 02:59:34

I wouldn't recommend purchasing this game. Why drop $40 on a game that isn't being supported anymore. Maybe see if someone will share their key with you.

2018-11-20 03:08:55

Yeah... like I said in another topic. lol There is a reason mainstream games drop in price as they get older, because people don't want to pay full initial price for something that is no longer being actively supported.

2018-11-20 05:24:31

@zuckuss Normally I'd object to getting someone else's key as that is considered cracking, but I think this is an exception since the game has already been bought. It’s ridiculous that he’d charge $40 for a game with little replay value, and another key costs you an extra 40.

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2018-11-20 05:32:35

Unless you can say your email account stopped working or something. that developer has the brain of the dinosaur with the smallest brain sometimes

Add me on Skype, search for The Evil Chocolate Cookie

2018-11-20 05:41:36

I was able to get Aaron to retrieve my Paladin of the Sky key by providing him with the email linked to the Paypal account that ordered the game. It's worth a try contacting him.

I do have to agree about the lack of support. That game really needs a central server for online functionality. It's horrible that it's a commercial product and doesn't have this.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2018-11-20 05:47:47

Moderation:

Like it or not, folks, discussing the sharing of a key in this instance constitutes illegal distribution. Please don't do it. Consider this a caution. I don't want to have to warn anybody specifically.

End moderation

While I may agree with you that support has generally stopped and that forty bucks is a lot to pay, I can also tell you that, like a previous poster pointed out, I was able to retrieve a key from Aaron when I sent him a polite email. I doubt he'll do this over and over again, but it is always worth reaching out to a developer before just assuming that they won't do key replacements. If Aaron is cherry-picking who he gives keys to (as in, for the first time), this is definitely bad developer etiquette and needs to stop.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2018-11-20 10:17:03

I have emailed aaron twice on 2 different occations and have gotten no replys at all. Bad developer ediquet on his part.

:D happy to help out with games and the like... maybe :D

2018-11-20 10:33:17

That is completely bullshit. A $40 game should have a key replacement.

2018-11-20 11:12:47

Everybody blames a dev, but isn't it common sense to backup keys of software you purchase?

2018-11-20 12:24:27

as much as it is common sense to backup whatever, if you lose the key to a software that someone else owns, that someone should be able to give you your key back.
post #3, it is not nice to raise drama like this, especially if you don't know what you are talking about.

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2018-11-20 18:37:48

Yes, there is definitely some blame on Aaron here, I do not say all is your fault. I'm just saying that not all the blame should go to the developers and advising to safely backup your keys in the best way for you to be sure you wont lose them. I have mine in the cloud so highly unlikely to lose them.

2018-11-20 18:49:05

I stick my keys in a text file and stick it in dropbox.

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2018-11-21 19:59:24

I have to say, I am not all that happy about the replacement system myself. I bought the game soon after it came out, then several months later, my computer completely irretrievably died. I emailed the developer with the paypal receipt because my backup of the key was also gone, and for whatever reason I could not find it in my email which I know I saved. I got one email back saying he would try, but never heard from him again. Fortunately I have a working copy on my laptop, but not only am I not willing to pay for something I already bought, I don't have the money to spend even if that weren't the case.

Sadly I really enjoied the game, and while I agree with Jayde on most of his criticisms of the plot and balance issues, it was still worth it to have on my main computer.

thanks,
Michael

2018-11-21 21:21:01

I guess if there's a lesson here, it's Backup, Backup, Backup! Computers crash. Drives fail. Accidents happen.

I have all important keys in text files which go into my Dropbox, but then they also get backed up weekly to Backblaze. Do something like that, or have your keys on multiple computers. If you're really paranoid and you can use print or Braille, write them down on a piece of paper. That way, every computer you've ever used could come crashing down with every last bit of data you've ever had lost forever, and you might be missing lots of important stuff, but your product keys would be safe. Even more paranoid? Make a copy of that piece of paper and lock it in a safe deposit box somewhere outside your home.

2018-11-21 21:29:09

Just a general 'pro tip' when contacting anyone for key replacements:
Look up your PayPal transaction ID and supply that with your request. Not only does that make it a lot easier for someone to look you up, it provides absolute proof that you did in fact purchase the product.
Myself, I never delete emails, ever, unless they're spam.
I can go back ten years or more to find information.
Don't rely on your computer.

Official server host for vgstorm.com and developer of the Manamon 2 netplay server.
PSA: sending unsolicited PMs or emails to people you don't know asking them to buy you stuff is disrespectful. You'll just be ignored, so don't waste your time.

2018-11-21 22:07:58

Hello all!

A couple of quick notes.

Yes, the official pollacy is, no key replacements. This is for a number of reasons, mostly just guarding myself against an eventuality where I cannot devote any time to audio games any longer. Most audio game devs get to that point, and for manual fulfillment it is usually painful to even get them to perform said product fulfillment. A true travesty.

However, though I officially don't do key replacements, I almost always do, with an additional reminder that key replacements are not a given, and that the ultimate responsibility of maintaining your information rests with you. Many small businesses have similar warnings.

A second key replacement request, however, is almost never granted.

The OP's key has been sent just as I respond to almost all requests.

Also Brad, I'd like more information about when you sent your message. It may have been sent to the wrong email or could have been lost in the backlog if I was on holiday at the time.

I suggest you reissue your request and if you don't receive an answer, something may be going wrong with your EMails. I think you are on the audio games mailing list, so post about it there if you can't get in touch and I'll email you about the issue.

Now it is time for a rant. Please read.

1. Sharing keys is never, ever, ever permitted for any reason. If you are complicit in this, you will be considered a pirate and will be treated in the same manner.
2. How did this false statement that I do not support Manamon come to be? Support does not mean adding new content!
Support means fixing bugs. That's it. Support does not mean making updates to the game. It is not a given in the video game world that updates will be issued for a game, especially if they contain new content. Most often such content is DLC, you have to pay for it.
Yes, there are examples of games, plenty of examples, where new content is regularly added. But it is not a gold standard by which all, or even most, video game designers in the mainstream operate.

@ElizaBaez... OK. Very unkind. Why are their not rules regarding insults on this forum?
Or if there are, why are they not enforced? This type of comment is uncalled for with all due respect.

2018-11-22 03:03:28

Moderation:

ElizaBaez, Aaron is absolutely right. That sort of thing isn't kind and has no real point except to spread negativity. Please keep your personal attacks to yourself from now on. This is a caution, but if this keeps happening, you will be warned. And Aaron, I apologize. This one passed me by, and normally I'm a bit more on the ball than this.

End moderation

To address the specific points made:
No, further support doesn't necessarily mean updates, it's true. It does mean bug fixes, primarily, and admittedly that's one of Manamon's strong points. I don't know of very many bugs at this point (read: none, in fact). Given the price of the game and the issues which plague it though, Aaron, if you want people to continue playing it, I might suggest a price drop. If you really do not intend to support it further, it is a game that is essentially unfinished and is not necessarily justifiable at your current price point. If you care about your reputation as a developer, then something's got to give. Just my two cents' worth, however.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2018-11-22 04:36:48

Jayde pretty much said it. I am consider buying the game, but if the price still goes on like this, I don't have that much money to pay for this.