2008-11-05 14:52:50

Hello, I was going to contact the forum owners direct but can't seem to get past the bad words anti-spam! Even 'please contact me regarding working together' is blocked!!

I'm new to accessible games so please bear with me. I work on the webteam at the UK charity Action for Blind People and I would like to start promoting accessible games through our site.

As a starter I thought it would be a good idea to post a 'Top 5 Games this Christmas' list which I would like to develop further in the New Year possibly with reviews but more likely with promotion of and links to AudioGames.net and its users.

I was hoping to begin with maybe you could run a poll on the forum, although I'm not entirely sure how that would work if we don't have a definitive list to vote on to begin with.

Any suggestions or help greatly appreciated.
Many thanks
Jason

2008-11-05 16:13:12

Hello jason.

firstly welcome to the forum, I deffinately like the fact that Action for blind people wants to start promoting accessible games, ----- especially as both my brother and I have bennifited from things you've done in the passed (I wouldn't have an Ultracane if it weren't for you).

A top games for christmas type pole is a great idea, and actually ties in to a discussion which was had a few weeks ago on the Audeasy mailing list, ---- the other place on the internet most involved in discussion of audio and other accessible games (please go to http://audyssey.org/ for details about the list and sign up information).

A pole is deffinately a good idea, but perhaps various catagories and other restrictions would need to be imposed, sinse there are many accessible games and an overall pole would require many many entries!

you could either make things genre based, such as best arcade style games, best action games etc, or based around a specific time period, ----- such as best game released this year, or have a number of catagories.

Another way of shortening the games list would be to have an overall voting period where people submitted lists of their top five games which could then be entered onto a formal pole and be voted upon.

if you were running such a pole, it would also be a great oppertunity for publicity as well, and I'm fairly certain many accessible game developers would want people to vote for their games and so advertise the pole on their websites, ---- not to mention places like the game accessibility project found on http://www.game-accessibility.com/index … efile=home

Of course, if you were hosting and promoting the event, the actual details would be up to you, but i'd deffiantely advise posting about this on audeasy as well as here, ---- sinse that is a list subscribed to by many game developers.

thanks for getting in touch and this idea, as you said yourself, it sounds like a great oppertunity for news and promotion of accessible games.

oh, I'm afraid I moved this topic, sinse it deffinately struck me as game discussion related. Also, currently the various contact links on the website are not working correctly, so posting on the forum is a good idea.

for anything you want to discuss outside the forum, please E-mail me on dark at xgam dot org, and I can send you contact details for richard and Sander, the site's official owners, and Cx2 the other Mod/admin.

you can also use the forum's own contact form by looking up the users Richard and Senderman if you prefer.

sinse I'm only a moderator and admin, if there are any really major discussions about the site to be taken the decision really isn't mine, ----- besides, i'm fairly certain they'd both also be interested in this idea, though richard and sander are both fairly busy people, so you might not be able to get an instant response.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2008-11-05 16:23:24

hi jason please write me on my skipe: bucklee12 or msn: [email protected]

f.a.t.h.e.r

2008-11-05 18:05:42

With Dark

2008-11-07 16:32:16

Hi Jason,
Thank you for your message. Great to see that your team has decided to include accessible games on their website.
I'm sorry to see that you have problems with the contact form. The huge amounts of spam asked for drastic measurements, but now it seems it is hardly possible to use the form anyway. I'll go and look after the contact form. Did you use the regular form of the website or the contact moderator function of this forum?

2008-11-10 14:18:31

Thanks Sendermen, it all seems to be sorted now.

Thanks to some comments on the Audyssey list I will be uploading a couple of forms on the Action website this week so everyone can vote and hopefully we'll have some kind of definitive list of free and commercial games before Christmas!

I'll post onto this forum too and anywhere else you think may be appropriate then please do let me know.
Thanks again

2008-11-10 15:56:10

Hi Jason.

when the forms are up, I'll write up some news on the front of the site with appropriate links.

apart from here and the audeasy list, you could also considder announcing on the game accessibility project forums at http://www.game-accessibility.com/index … efile=home in their Vi section.

also, some developers such as Blind adrenalin have their own forums as well, ---- but many of them are on the audeasy list, so will pick up on the games there.

i'm also told discussion of accessible games goes on using the completely accessible Klango community system, found at http://www.klangogames.com/en/index.php

this isn't a system i've tried out myself though as yet so I can't say how much discussion does happen there. also, many of the developers and subscribers from audeasy are on that system as well.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2008-11-11 01:07:11

The correct address for the new klango homepage is http://www.klango.net

James

2008-11-11 04:04:32

Thanks ConspiraZ, oncemore I was going off my old favourited links, which probably need updating again, ---- and as I said, while I've tried, and indeed bought both Klango games, I haven't yet investigated the player or community.