2018-11-11 17:20:16

Hello
This was originally something I challenged myself for my own amusement, but as the game progresses, I think it may be quite fun to post up here in case anyone would like to try.
So as some of you may know, Entombed gives quite rewarding score the more challenging you make it. I'm starting this playthrough with a fairy trickster, trying to be as best equipped as I can, and will do the following :
- Don't alacate skill points.
- Don't choose secondary job.
- Explore every tile of every floor and defeat everything.
- Don't buy items and scrolls.
- Don't alacate and choose jobs for second and third characters.

I'm going to see if I can finish the game with just this party. Anyone in for similar challenge? Doesn't have to be as hard as this one though. And since the game is free, I guess more of you have access to it now. Let's have fun, shall we?
Hint hint : don't, ever, attack, with fairies. There's something as good as magic for that, but is not magic.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2018-11-11 18:07:31

Three words. Good, freaken, luck! big_smile I've tried to do all that with a fairy mage, and I played on hard mode. I did not get far.

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2018-11-11 18:44:43

good luck mata

2018-11-11 19:22:56

I'm not doing hard mode because i know it's gonna screw me hard lol. Still giving myself quite a mercy.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2018-11-11 21:06:15

Holy shit man that's kind of insane. big_smile

2018-11-11 22:18:24

Wait the game is free. When and how?
I need to unlock it then...

We live on a hunk of rock and metal that circles a humdrum star that is one of 400 billion other stars that make up the Milky Way Galaxy which is one of billions of other galaxies which make up a universe which may be one of a very large number, perhaps an infinite number, of other universes. That is a perspective on human life and our culture that is well worth pondering.
Carl Sagan

2018-11-11 23:37:47

Even a very well equipped fighter with lots of armor can sometimes just suddenly have their head chopped off. So yep, you're going to die. Soon. And if you continue playing after that, you're going to die again. Many times.
Good luck, you're insane. smile

Yes, I definitely left the forum. Mhm. Why would you have any doubt?
Code 7 tips: https://forum.audiogames.net/topic/4010 … or-code-7/
Don't forget to be awesome!

2018-11-12 01:33:33

I'm pretty sure that is literally impossible.  I don't know if you've ever beat the game, but opponents later on have hundreds of hp.  Level 1 abilities just won't cut it.

I'm probably gonna get banned for this, but...

2018-11-12 04:29:20

I can actually take advantage of stats that go up every level by taking a paladin in or something. But no, I'm gonna do something impossible and see if I can do it somehow, lol.
When you play fairy, that's when you find throw useful.:p

2018-11-13 15:48:48

I'm progressing with the following right now :
A fairy trickster
A halfling ranger
A halfling adventurer

And I'm on the seventh floor right now, already defeated the drake though with a mangled party. A few healing potions can bring them to tip top shape once again, which I haven't yet found any. Seems this thing is manageable after all.

2018-11-13 17:07:21

omg, all halflings and a fairy, they're all weak like a thin straw, but i wish you luck and grats with defeating the drake!

2018-11-13 17:20:52

It takes as much as a good strategy and countless saving and loading, lol.

2018-11-13 20:14:26

I'm not sure I'd consider having the rng carry you through the game successful. lol
Still, I'm curious to see what your final score will be.

I'm probably gonna get banned for this, but...

2018-11-13 21:22:22

It's cheating as much as the game makes it unfair. I'm running this playthrough to see the final score as well. At least ways to lower score don't include oversaving and overloading, lol.

2018-11-30 21:00:28

113th place. My assumption is that making the game hard in any way doesn't help with high scores after all. Not sure how people did it. Sure I lost one member in the last battle but that was about it. Thought I'd get better but meh.

2018-11-30 21:36:57

I did actually get to lvl 15 I think it was with no saves once. at which point everyone died by turning to stone. I had more powerful characters though...