2018-11-05 20:02:55

Yep you did read that title right, at my local arcade there's a cab based on the Injustice series of fighting games.
It's got three buttons, week, block and strong, and a special button above the block button, so it's sort of dumbed down a bit from what we're used to.
but it's still rather cool. Each time you play, you get a physical card, and once you get three, you can scan them in at the beginning of your play session to make a team, or scan one or two in and let the game pick a character for you if you don't have the remaining cards. I'll be able to play again this week and I just need one more card for my first team, so one more battle will do it. So far, I've got Deathstroke (Red Sun variant) and The Flash (new52 variant) each one has their own stats and a passive ability.
The sound is quite nice as well, quite loud.
I was unfortunately not able to get a recording, as my phone had died, so you don't get to hear my first time reactions.

2018-11-05 20:49:54

what game are you talking about? injustice 1 ore 2?
and how you play it? as far as I know, this game not accessible?

let's rock!

2018-11-05 20:56:18

Wait, the hell? I've literally never heard of this before. Cool though.

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2018-11-05 21:12:36

It's called Injustice Arcade, so it's not Injustice 1 or 2, I think it is mostly based on the original though as you have characters like Doomsday. In theory they could add characters from both, but I've got a feeling it's mostly focusing on characters from the first game.
It's quite a quirky and random arcade machine, but it works. Also, no need to move around the characters move for you, so you can literally just focus on blocking and attacking.

2018-11-05 21:22:48

interesting.
never heard about this before

let's rock!

2018-11-06 00:23:39

Raw thrills? The last cab of theirs I got to play around with was guitar hero arcade.
The beautiful thing about this particular cab was that it was basically a dell desktop dressed up as an arcade, Their was a custom USB JAMMA board in their that handled I/O with the guitars and the like. More importantly, their were spair USB ports! The entire thing ran xp in bedded, so I think you can all see where this was going.  It was entirely possible to bring along a keyboard, access the windows task manager, launch explorer.exe and use that to run other games. We used this to runn the full pc version of guitar hero 3... a lot.
The cab it's self had really good audio, really heavy assed guitars and a shit load of flashy RGB LEDs that would react to the music.
As someone who loves tinkering with stuff like this, I'd love to have that cab in my house to mess with... but given it costs thousands and I'd probably have to pay hundreds more in shipping charges, plus take several doors in my house off their hinges to get the thing installed I'll just have to keep dreaming at this point.
tongue

Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.

2018-11-06 00:39:11

Wow @Exodus, this, right here, is an amazing post. How do you know all this stuff about Guitar Hero Arcade? You've made me really interested now because all I knew was that it was a partnership between Raw Thrills and I think Konami even got involved, but you seem to ahve some inside info not only that but from what I'm reading, you had the chance to mess with things properly. Consider me very interested, impressed, and, dare I say it, in awe right now. Thank you.

2018-11-06 02:13:58

A few years back, I ran across a mortal kombat deadly alliance arcade cab. It blew my mind, because i was trying to figure out if they shoved a ps2 in there or something. The game had all it's features, and great controls.

2018-11-06 02:49:59

It sounds similar to the mobile version, only you have actual buttons instead of a touch screen.

I haven't seen many arcades here in australia since the mid 2000s, they're mainly in places where you'd kill a bit of time, like at the movies, and they're mostly shooters or racing games.

2018-11-06 08:53:46

Hi.
Sounds awesome. I wish we had such arcades here in my country. The only once I have seen are cars and motorbikes, but not arcades like you describe.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2018-11-06 12:20:53

wow aaron, this one is pretty interesting. it's unfortunate that in my country all of the games that are on the arcade these days are mostly rhythm dancers, shooters, or games for the kids.
anyways, if you have the time to play the game a bit more, can you record how the game is played out and give your reaction for it?

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2018-11-06 12:28:14

it's kindda like injustice mobile i think

2018-11-06 18:41:26

Yep, seems to be based on Injustice mobile.
Oh and guess what...
Tomorrow, guys, tomorrow... I'm so excited...
I have a carer who takes me out and about, and he's now interested in the game as well, and I am going to make sure my phone is fully charged, and get a recording for you all. It will probably feature (note this may change but here's an idea) of content:
-us walking up to the cabinet (this might be edited out of the version I will post, but who knows)
-the cabinet's attract mode or at least part of it (for definite)
-me scanning in my first two cards and getting a random character for the third before battle
-first battle of the session
-battle result should be me getting my final card for my first team
-me scanning my first full team into action
-next battle of the session, and a card to start my second team
-finally, possibly a two player battle or two so that my carer can start a collection, I do not know though it depends on how much money we have. There will be at least two battles you will get to hear though, one for me to get my third card, and one for me to scan in my first full team, and both of these will be against the CPU.
I do not know where I will post this yet, probably dropbox as I currently don't have a website of my own, unless someone can think of some alternatives.
Get ready folks, Injustice Arcade content is coming to an audio device near you.

2018-11-06 20:39:25

Back when I was at college and staying in halls there was an arcade about 10 minutes walk away. Me being a huge arcade nerd, I was never out of the place. This arcade faced onto a beach and beaches are another thing that I love.
If lectures were cancelled, there were extra long lunches or if I was just looking to kill time on my days off or in the evenings I could probably be found either walking along the beach or in the arcade.
The NAOMI cabs were a big draw for me, because I never had a dreamcast. So massive amounts of crazy taxi, power stone, house of the dead, guilty gear and Marvel VS Capcom 2 were all on the menu in large amounts.
Then there was the guitar hero machine:
The operators would stick it in freeplay mode quite a lot, so naturally it got a lot of attention especially from the college crowd.
Me and a couple of guys from college would always show up to mess with it around lunchtime and we'd usually end up making it crash horribly and we'd always end up having to bother one of the staff to come and reset it.
After the second millionth time, I guess they got fed up and let me have the key for the thing whenever I was in (they did know a lot about me at this point given how often I was in there) so we could reset the thing as needed.
Everytime we'd reset it and that dell logo would come up on screen, followed by the windows xp boot logo the question would always come to mind. Just what can this thing be made to do?
I ended up learning so much about arcade cabs from that place,  because I hung about so much. I ended up helping out with game switches on the naomi boards among other things.

Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.

2018-11-06 21:00:46

Wow. I am now happy that I've found another arcade nerd. Please don't take this the wrong way, but you are also nerdier than me and I think this is epic. I do not mean this as a bad thing this is actually a complement.