2018-11-02 23:16:29 (edited by Orin 2018-11-03 01:06:14)

Hi Hadi,

Tried PMing you but there's so much spam coming into PMs lately that not sure if you'll get it.

But, was curious if you still Flightsim, and can I have your Multi Crew Experience scripts to program the aircraft FMC?

I just got the Aerosoft CRJ, and am eager to try out your method. SimBrief has a utility that can automatically load flightplans into any aircraft, which will do the route, butthere's still the issue of programming the dep/arr runways, possibly more I'm not sure.

Thanks.

Edit: I didn't get the email. I don't know what this forum email is set to... should be my gmail address...

2018-11-02 23:22:56 (edited by hadi.gsf 2018-11-02 23:25:24)

I did receive your email and responded, not sure if you seen it or not.
When  preparing a flight plan in simbrief, can you select sid and stars? can you select runways as well? or not.
I used fs commander to prepare flight plans, and fs commander let's you to select runways for departuring and arrivals, which aerosoft and pmdg planes will accept, so you willl not have problems with selecting runways.

As for scripts, I don't have any unfortunately since i'm on the trip right now and  my scripts are back at home pc. but they are very, very easy to write.
Let me know about the simbrief question then i'll give you pointers and you can get setup.
Just to give you a hint, with this method you will have issues with flight discontinuities but more talk on that later.
Also you can change the topic to something more related to flight sims if you want  lol.

twitter: @hadirezae3
discord: Hadi

2018-11-03 01:20:57

Hadi,

SimBrief not only selects runways etc, it also makes routes which do not have any flight discontinuities I think. I guess by discontinuities every time it creates a route it creates a route valid for the Airac I'm using. I have a Navigraph subscription, so I can unlock the airac on SimBrief as well as download the latest Airac into these addons.

Every FMC is different though, and I fly VAs that, at present, are making me use regional jets, and I know you did mostly Aerosoft Airbus. I just got the aerosoft CRJ though and can't even get the thing started, I'm trying to figure out which of MCE's supported flows to do in order.

It also doesn't have an autothrottle, but hopefully I can manage the speed with the recent read speed and alt allowed using FSX Pilot and F2-F3.

Thanks much for your help.

2018-11-03 01:21:36

just saw your edit. your forum mail is not  a GMail. it's ICloud

2018-11-03 01:47:27

so a few things.
Now that i know sim brief also let's you select runways, this means that whenever you load a flight plan that has runway info to your fmc, then your plane knows what runway it's departing and what runway it's going to land, so you don't need to select any runways in the fmc itself.
point 2, about auto throttle. this is unfortunate. does the crj not have an auto throttle feature at all? or aerosoft hasn't implemented it yet. this can be, sort of an issue. for two parts of your flight. first part is for descending. auto throttle communicates with your fmc and  adjusts your speed so that you arrive on exact waypoints of your approach in an exact altitude. second is that when you're  making your  final approach you need the computer to adjust your speed so that you wouldn't  go off route and mis the  glidescope. more on this in point 4. Basically when you load your flight plan to your plane's computer, it takes over a lot of things and speed is one of them. If it is not automatic, then it maybe tells you what airspeed you should be at on a display somewhere at each stage of the flight.
point 3, top of descent point. you need a sighted help to go to your plane's behavior options. it should be on the right MCDU. but this is not an airbus so it might take a while till you find it. basically you should look for an option that pauses your sim automatically when you go over the top of descent point. this let's you know that this is the exact moment to start your descend.
point 4, discontinuities. and other fmc features for approach.
This is a feature on real airbus features. whenever the pilot, or the airline loads the flight plan onto the plane's computer, which is called company routes), the plane's computer begins to automatically put some points inside your route called flight discontinuities. these points are usually put behind the waypoints after a sid, and leading to your approach in case the ATC tells you other instructions. this means that once you hit these points called discontinuities, your plane is knocked off auto navigation unless you go to the fmc and click on your next waypoint. Anyway this is an airbus and boeing feature maybe crj doesn't have this. the solution for sighted people are to simply click on the discontinuity points and remove them from the route.
takes me to my next point, fmc features. read the crj manual and see if during approach there are certain features that you have to activate. for example, for the airbus A320, you have a button called "approach" whenever you press this button and you have a flight plan loaded, the plane understands that you're approaching and takes over your speed and begins setting you up for an exact ILS capture. Then when you have captured the ILS and are set on the localizzr, you turn on the second autopilot. this second autopilot will take care of the landing. it's basically the real equivalent of autoland feature for airbus systems. It lands the aircraft for you. so check the crj manual for these kind of stuff.

and finally loading your flight plan with scripts.
I need to know some things. does sim brief give you a flight plan file  for the crj? and do you know what buttons you have to press on the fmc to be able to write the file name to be loaded onto the computer?

2018-11-03 03:16:25

Apparently the CRJ 700 does not have an autothrottle in real life. Not sure why.

I don't know the button to write the flightplan onto the computer. The tutorial I have gives a button by button tutorial on how to program the route, though. I'm sure SimBrief has a file for it though, it has a file for everything else but I'll double check.

If the FMC doesn't have pause on descent option, PF3 ATC has that as an alternative, wouldn't help for online flights though.

But yes, this tutorial talks about the display that indicates speed on descent, so I guess this one's a no go sad good thing I can fly other reginal jets at this rank. I should be able to fly the Feelthere ERJ145. I'm not concerned with online flights right now until I get a few of these offline flights under my belt.

2018-11-04 01:16:32

I just googled abit and yeah, the crj is not going to play well with us using its fmc features. It has  a basic version of the crj's auto throttle, but it's not what we want.
do you happen to have any more smarter airplanes in your fleet that we can work on?

2018-11-04 04:03:46

I don't have it yet, but help me look up the Feelthere ERJ 45 to see if its a good fit. That's what one I'm looking toward next. I have to do some flying on PVA until I can start flying 737s.

2018-11-04 09:17:32

ok. we'll have the same issue with the ERJ. from the documentation:
"The ERJ does not have autothrottles and the pilot must adjust thrust to maintain the desired
speed. Thrust setting will depend from weight of the aircraft and the altitude being flown.
As the ERJ approaches M0.74 pull back on the throttles and adjust thrust to hold the selected
speed. After some practice you will learn the approximate N1 setting necessary to hold a given
speed. In this case a thrust setting between 85% and 87% N1 should hold M0.74.
But also in the documentation it states:
"• SPD button commands the autopilot to hold, by adjusting pitch, the selected
airspeed (see SPD knob below). Airspeed hold ONLY works when the ERJ is in
climb or descent modes.
• SPD knob will set the indicated airspeed bug in the PFD when the SPD button
is active; or the PFD's vertical speed bug when the VS button is active."
This means that the ERJ also has the same basic auto throttle feature that the CRJ has. Honestly i have never done this before, e.g.  giving all the controls to the FMC except the speed. If you have the energy and time you can experiment with this.
For loading flights to your plane's fmc you need to do these first
1. get sighted help and find out which buttons you exactly need to press to load a co route onto your plane. co route is basically a flight plan. and each plane is different.
2. you need to know  what directory your plane looks for the flight plans on your computer.
3. you need to make a flight plan with sim brief with complete details, including runways, sid and stars and airways. export the file and name it myflight01
4. you put your file in the right directory and then you write a flow, telling MCE what buttons to press on the fmc, and what keyboard buttons to press on the fmc to load the "myflight01" file. i can help you understand this better if you want.
5. if you want to fly a different flight, just make another flight plan and replace myflight01, and run the same flow to load your flight plan onto your plane.