2018-11-12 07:02:24

Also some emulators will make certain games sound a little different.

Double Dragon for the sega mastersystem comes to mind.

When I was playing with kodi's emulator support, it asks you which emulators to use before running the game.

For the double dragon example, there was a mastersystem emulator and a gamegear emulator.

Some games even had up to 5 emulators to pick from.

2018-11-12 08:00:07

Fusion is a great accessible sega emu  that runs most old school consoles from them such as genesis, 32x, sega cd, master system and gamegear. Visual boy advance does gameboy, gameboy color and gameboy advance. There are 9 consoles compressed into 2 emulators for ya, and there are accessible games on every one of em. As a heavy old school gamer, I personally do not have more than 1 emu that emulates at least 1 system well. O and final burn alpha emulates cps1, cps2 and neo geo.

2018-11-12 09:39:24

Win Kawax also does a good job with emulating cps1, 2 and neo geo systems. And sterlock hit it pretty much on the head when he mentioned that certain games work better on emulators. Or, in some cases, one rom may work with one emulator but not another.

Discord: clemchowder633

2018-11-13 03:35:31 (edited by JLove 2018-11-13 03:47:53)

So, just out of curiosity, which killer instinct version is the best and most accessible?  Isn't there a version for XB, PC, and PS?  And I'm seeing several different ones.  Killer instinct, KI 2, season 3, then different editions.  Which ones are the most accessible, and for what platform?

2018-11-13 04:00:46

Good morning.
Quick rundown of killer instinct titles.
Back in the day, you had killer instinct 1, killer instinct 2 and killer instinct gold, these are the older killer instinct titles.
The new one is an exclusive pc and xbox one title, it's also available on steam since a few months.
The different season resemble character packs which were released for the new ki, it started as a free game with characters you could purchase, there were 3 seasons of characters till now.
You can also get a definitive edition, which holds all 3 character seasons pluss two aditional ones.
Personally speaking, I like the new ki the most out of the bunch, it hits quite hard, literally, it has an awesome gameplay feeling, and the soundtrack makes it a hundred times better, as long as you are a fan of metal and electro beats.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2018-11-13 04:35:51

You're getting your games mixed up a little. There is no Killer Instinctfor PS4... and the one you are probably looking for is the most recent one, which has three seasons of content but as Simba said, can be purchased as a complete bundle.

2018-11-13 05:19:58

Which console version is the most accessible, or do I get the version for windows?

2018-11-13 05:27:37 (edited by assault_freak 2018-11-13 05:29:55)

The one for xbox1 is the same game for pc... as for the original two games from the 90s, they're both accessible. This is a fighting game... and very few fighting games are unplayable.