2018-10-28 23:00:17

Hello.

I just logged in and have noticed a number sign before each post. so for example: number 1, number 2,number three and so on.

I don't like this design, I find it to verbose.

What do you think?

I'm gone for real :)

2018-10-28 23:08:53

i totally agree with you. It's horrible

2018-10-28 23:50:22

The combo box that takes you to other areas seems to be leading to a 404 not found error too.

2018-10-29 00:01:52

I wouldn't worry about that too much, it seems like the site might be going through a bit of a redesign at the moment, so the combo box will most likely be fixed soon. As for the numbering, I'll admit it's a bit disconcerting to see it all of a sudden, but I'll get used to it.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2018-10-29 00:59:08

the number signs isn't horrible, the thing I don't like is visited link permanent link to this post before all the names. That's a bit verbose. I can get used to the number thing. Posted a thing about the 404 in site and forum feedback and mentioned this there too. Maybe senderman is actually back!

----------
An anomaly in the matrix. An error in existence. A being who cannot get inside the goddamn box! A.K.A. Me.

2018-10-29 03:14:04

There was recently an upgrade to a newer version of PHP. I imagine some minor things were adjusted in the process, leading to these issues.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2018-10-29 03:43:04

You should read the forum changelog, Senderman already explain  it.

2018-10-29 03:59:49

I’m simply curious, why do you find the addition of two syllables verbose? It’s strange. I’ll give you that. But it’s just a small change. To each their own, I suppose.

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.

2018-10-29 04:07:53

I'm not sure why i have a problem with it either but it is kind of bugging me. although now i know why it's happening it's not quite as annoying. i thought for a while there was an issue with my computer.

Who's that trip trapping over My bridge? Come find out.

2018-10-29 04:35:06

@Dragomier It isn't the number sign that bothers me, it's my screen reader saying #9 link permanent link to this post that bothers me.

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2018-10-29 06:38:50

Hello.

It's hearing number number number, instead of just 1 2 3 that I find verbose. It's to wordy for me.

I'm gone for real :)

2018-10-29 08:09:17

My punctuation is set to none, so until it was pointed out, I didn't notice it.

Not to say I wouldn't have noticed it, I'm sure I would have, eventually.

But I don't think it's something wirth complaining about.

2018-10-29 12:36:17 (edited by flackers 2018-10-29 12:47:17)

The combo box thing is for me the biggest nuisance, but I have to admit that number sign link is annoying me too. Any extraneous verbosity is unwelcome clutter. I was just looking through another thread listening for the time stamps to find the last post I read, and using jaws I'm now pointlessly having to listen to link number X over and over. It feels like having to move the same object out of your way time and again while searching through a draw. I'll get used to it, but it's made this forum slightly messier. If you're sighted, you can just look straight at the names and time stamps, but we're forced to listen to irrelevant info when it's put in front of anything we're interested in, which isn't so bad usually, but when it repeats itself every time you navigate a new heading, it's a nuisance. I have it set to 50 posts per page, so that's potentially 50 unnecessary link number X to listen to from now on. And because I've now edited this post, it's announced as visited same page link number 13 visited link flackers, then the time stamp.

2018-10-29 13:16:24

it's completely stupid! i request that it's removed right now!

2018-10-29 14:21:07

the thing is, it doesn't just say number. It says number <post number> permanent link to this post <poster>. Before, it would just say <post number> <poster>. It makes skimming through a topic to see the post aughthers very tedious.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2018-10-29 16:40:22

oh this lines is horrible

Yours kindly

2018-10-29 16:52:41

i've noticed it also. @brad i'm sure it's nothing to worry about, i think we've got spammers altering it

2018-10-29 17:49:50

I agree it's a bit annoying. But hey, that's what screen reader dictionaries are for.

Yes, I definitely left the forum. Mhm. Why would you have any doubt?
Code 7 tips: https://forum.audiogames.net/topic/4010 … or-code-7/
Don't forget to be awesome!

2018-10-29 17:56:26

I totally agree with 5, the links thingy is a bit annoying when browsing posts. I think only the member name holding a link to their profile is enough imo.

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2018-10-29 18:31:38 (edited by flackers 2018-10-29 18:35:57)

Apart from it being announced as a link, or a visited same page link if I click on it, which the dictionary manager wouldn't fix, all that's extraneous using jaws is the number sign, and I don't want those replaced with silence.

2018-10-29 18:40:24

I'm finding it annoying as well. But i'm sure that @jade will jump in and show the number sign that this forum belongs to us, and probably throws it to another website.

2018-10-29 22:28:18

Ah, and I tought I messed up my nvda yesterday and I should reset the whole thing.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2018-10-29 22:44:47

it should be removed

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2018-10-29 23:01:42

I doubt its a PHP upgrade. If you just upgrade PHP that won't cause the problems that we're having now. To cause the # to appear you'd need to explicitly go into the code and add it, and the combo box is the most broken; its redirecting to testforum.audiogames.net. So I'm guessing that's an apache/nginx configuration error.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2018-10-29 23:28:28

Hm i get it as well. I probably think somethings wrong with my computer, not sure though

you can run, but you can't hide, i'll make sure of that.