2018-10-23 23:04:34

from a podcast by Jonathan Mosen, I learned a guy named Jonathan Sharp made keysoft back in the early 1990s. so i found jonathan sharp on linkedin, but had to get a linkedin premium trial account to send him messages, and so i did. also found lots of other pulse data people on there and messaged them. and i found people who used to work at lernout and hauspie also involved in keynote gold and i messaged them on linkedin as well. so perhaps, if all goes well and they get back to me, we could have good insights into exactly how keynote gold was made and perhaps a version of it could be made for windows10 and keynote gold could be revived. i hope. I have to just wait and see who gets back to me on linkedin and who doesn't. so far jonathan sharp whose nickname is Mr. Keysoft, has gotten back to me and said he'll get in touch soon. I hope others follow suit.

2018-10-24 12:12:53

Wow! remembering the old stories when I was... Whit did I was born in 2000?
I was playing with a WIN95 vm, and to me KNG sounds kind of fantastic, givimg me the potential to have it as an NVDA Addon. I just have also to wait, although I use LinkedIn for the first tyme.

73 Wj3u

2018-10-24 12:37:54

If you can get ahold of a BrailleNote Apex, you'll have keynote right there. Otherwise, use a windows 95-98 VM in order to use it for 15 minutes at a time.

I've been going by Bryn, which is now reflected in my profile. Please do your best to respect this :) Mess ups are totally OK though, I don't mind and totally understand!
Follow on twitter! @ItsBrynify
Thanks, enjoy, thumbs up, share, like, hate, exist, do what ya do,
my website: brynify.me

2018-10-24 14:04:01

Yeah, well you could also have keysoft and keynote revived if the folks Josh is speaking to show interest in such a thing, although they'll have to have the sourcecode before they can do anything on it. That's gonna be harder to convert into 32bit, since that thing was originally a low-level system driver that accessed the 16bit soundcard directly.Yeah, well they're trying to

2018-10-24 14:06:54

Before this I was also looking to see if anyone were parting ways with a spare voicenote classic or mpower for next to nothing so I could have one for the cases of *trying* to virtualize keysoft in a dosbox kind of way. Speaking of revivals, I brought back windows mobile6 with mobile speak 4.5 in a device environment, along with some Braillesoft games. The code factory games don't work on mobile speak4 though.

2018-10-24 17:12:04

I have an mPower over here, sadly no serial cable, so no remote synth for poor me. I doubt anything will be made up of this, not to sound negative, but if something does turn out to happen, bye bye eloquence. I was never a huge fan of it., anyway.

2018-10-24 17:19:13

jack wrote:

Before this I was also looking to see if anyone were parting ways with a spare voicenote classic or mpower for next to nothing so I could have one for the cases of *trying* to virtualize keysoft in a dosbox kind of way. Speaking of revivals, I brought back windows mobile6 with mobile speak 4.5 in a device environment, along with some Braillesoft games. The code factory games don't work on mobile speak4 though.

I have a BrailleNote mPower, and I was able to extract the contents of nk.bin with a package called nkbintools.
How did you get this device environment set up?

2018-10-24 18:36:06

If you have that mobile speak vm available, for downloading, could ya please send over a link some where? Even if it has to be a private message? I never got to play with mobile speak of any kind. I should have got it for my Nokia n86, though I chose talks instead.

*sad face*.

2018-10-24 21:10:33

Download the Windows Mobile Emulator environment here
I wouldn't go trying this if you have Windows 10k as you have no WMDC or ActiveSync. It works best on an xp virtual machine. Make sure you allow ActiveSync connections from DMA so you can cradle the phone if needed. The readme will give you the rest of the setup instructions. Mobile Speak is not activated as a 30 day trial or full license, I doubt it's even still available to buy in the states, but will function as a 10minute demo.

2018-10-24 21:13:05

You sent the wrong link.

2018-10-24 22:13:22

While the link in post 9 gets fixed and I have Windows 10 Home with Windows Mobile Device Center onboard, here is one link to where Mobile Speak can still be gotten from:

http://codefactoryglobal.com/app-store/mobile-speak/

2018-10-25 00:31:40

fixed!

2018-10-26 17:49:07

I was also able to, for what it's worth, extract all the HIMS packages, either with 7zip, and or the bin extractor Jake has mentioned. if anyone does want the password, please contact me privately. me publishing it would probably result in HIMS changing it. of course, no ideas that just by extracting both upgrade files for the braille sense, could result in any sort of virtual emulators, but can't hurt to offer.

2018-10-26 18:00:56

Speaking of MobileSpeak. Do you know which DECtalk version is used in the MobileSpeak Fonix?

2018-10-26 20:31:44

It is indeed a compressed version of Fonix Talk, similar to that offered in the TI84+. All their voices are downsampled to a point, Loquendo installation is broken due to issues with my emulator that I frankly am not in a hurry to fix, because it was heavily compressed and stuttered a little.

2018-10-26 22:49:04

Yep, code factory  used the mobile version of dectalk. BTW,  link is pointing to the black screen gaming stream  link which doesn't work.

2018-10-27 05:59:14

A link in post 12 contains the proper link.

2018-10-28 01:51:13

Is there a way to get the emulator to use Windows Mobile Standard?

2018-10-28 04:04:38

There is, I just happen to be using windows mobile professional. There is windows mobile Classic and Windows Mobile Professional.

2018-10-28 04:41:46

Can you upload a version that uses Windows Mobile Classic, because Windows mobile Professional was designed mainly for touchscreen devices.

2018-10-29 23:32:13

a while ago, someone named guillam i think it was, made tunes files for ESpeak which made it sound like keynote gold, or have the inflection of keynote gold. Does anyone on here have those tunes files for ESpeak? or, does anyone on here know enough about ESpeak tunes files so that the ESpeak klatt voice could sound a lot more like keynote gold? You can edit ESpeak tunes files but to get access to them you have to first install ESpeakedit. then the easiest way is to edit them with notePad, and then compile them using ESpeakedit. The most I can do with espeak tunes files is make it sing strangely like a very bizarre double talk tts.

2018-10-30 13:45:20

hey for those interested, the keynote gold developers did get back to me, and below is there message!
Hi Joshua,

I see you are already connected to Jonathan Sharp, who was one of the main software developers on the TTS. When I was at PDI which is pulse data international humanware, the other SW developers working
on the TTS product line were Ghris Glenn, Allan Wells, Mark Tillman, Tim Hughes and Alastair Sinton.

Another engineer was Colin Spry who did combined HW and SW development, mainly on low-vision products.

My role was as a HW developer and I also worked mainly on low-vision products. The only TTS product I designed was the Keynote Gold PCMCIA speech synthesizer
card where I did the HW design.

Stephen Bell

2018-10-30 14:33:26

Jake, while Windows Mobile Professional was designed with touchscreens in mind, it does indeed have the full support for keyboards that windows mobile classic does. Which is just as well since you really can't use the touchscreen on a virtual device emulator environment.

2018-10-30 15:02:22

I'm guessing the imvironment does not like windows 10, because mobile speak ain't talking.
The emulator works fine though...
I do have

2018-10-31 02:12:17

i got the following message from Mark Tillman, Keynote gold hardware developer.  he writes.

I was the hardware developer for most of the Keynote products.  They used a small Texas Instruments DSP for the actual text to speech function (effectively phoneme to speech) and host software running on an 80C186 that did the text to phoneme translation.  

The software was licensed and so is not available for public domain release.  

Sorry I cannot be of more help.

Best regards
Mark Tillman