2018-09-28 16:58:10

its probably in spam or something, though mine wasn't.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-11-25 13:32:11

anyone could describe the overview of the city? , it's big smile
I need a forge, place to sell things, etc smile

2018-12-18 11:29:47

Okay I was thinking of having a look at accursed lands, but according to some info I found for example This forum topic it seems development on accursed lands has largely stopped in favour of lament, which apparently is a sister project.

what the differences/similarities are between lament and accursed lands I don't know, likewise whether accursed lands is still in development I'm not sure, though Lament certainly is judging by recent progress reports.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-11-22 01:45:41

Anybody playing, or stil interested?
I saw three world creators on today, but aside from them, there was just myself, and one other player. So it looks like it's still in development?
I want to get back into the crafting, because it was epic.

2019-11-22 03:12:02

I am still intrested, but feel lost all the time, there is no other player when I am there so, not so sure where to start.

2019-11-22 12:32:04

I really want to get into it, the learn by doing skill system and the crafting system, not to mention being able to create cabins and whatnot sound really great. I hate the character creation though,  I can never be sure whether I have made the right choices for what I want or not smile

2019-11-22 13:04:55

I should seriously have a look at it. Though, seeing there's also lament, I wonder which of the two should I actually delve in? Cause they both seem great, and as far as I found out AL has permadeath whilst Lament doesn't...

Keep calm, and call the doctor.

2019-11-22 13:13:13

Just my opinion, but probably the best choice for crafting is a human.
They are bigger and stronger than other races.
But if you don't like how the character is going, you can always "surrender" the character and start over with the new one.

If you do start out as a human, you'll be in Forest Heart.
Go all east or all west, and you'll get to the city gates.
Outside those, if you follow the road, and glance to the sides, you'll see grassy plains, light forest, mountains, or heavy forest.
Start out going to the plains and light forest, but be sure and glance beforehand. Rabbits and birds are Ok, but if you see a wolf, a bear, or a boar, do not go there!
From the plains and light forest, you can start foraging, get grass and weave, get a stick or branch and whittle with a knife, etc.
You can also "fight" squirrels and foxes to build up your fighter and hunter skills.
Remember to skin and butcher the corpses because those are skills too.

Some important crafting commands are contemplate, analyze, and recall.
Try to recall the particular craft, like whittling, or stone carving.
Analyze an object to see if you can figure what it's made of and if you can make it.
Contemplate an object to see if you can get more details for how to make something.

In the city of Forest Heart, there's a street that runs all east and west through the city, and other streets go north and south from it. That's where you'll find all kinds of shops, which you initially will not have any money to buy anything.
But if you find Hero's Path, there is a library there.
Go in, "look at shelves" and then "look books." You'll learn what is available to study there.
Then sit down somewhere, and study your chosen subject.
"Study weaving" for example.
It will tell you when you've finished studying, and you can do that again, or study a different subject.
There is also an infirmary right next to the library on Hero's Path. I'd advise buying a few bandages, because they are cheap.
If you get hurt in the wilderness, you can "bandage right leg" etc., and you'll gain skills in first aid.
Hope that helps you get a start.

2019-11-22 13:20:08

One more thing that seems to be important.
Meditate.
You can do that, and let it go for fifteen or twenty minutes if you have to clean house or take a phone call.
I'm not sure what the benefits are exactly, but I was told it was a very good thing to do.
Maybe it speeds up your skill learning?
Not sure.

2019-11-22 13:25:51

I certainly hope people are in the game. I'm going to try it out right now, although the permadeath sounds like bad!

You see a signature that is 800 characters and 8 lines long. You quickly report it to the administrators

2019-11-22 13:26:39

wow? really? I could  do that all night big_smile will try soon, let's meet up, maybe, guys?

2019-11-22 15:25:22

too bad, so sad. I can't create a new account because I have one with my gmail, I'm to lazy to make another gmail, and i forgot my username. heh

You see a signature that is 800 characters and 8 lines long. You quickly report it to the administrators

2019-11-23 02:56:37

I just get lost because of the map and parsing it is a bitch, though I had to do this once because I would have found no other way.

End racism
End division
Become united

2019-11-23 04:41:55

For  mappdifficulties, what I did is look at my Mud log for a particular travel to a place, and write down the directions in a Word document.
Eventually you won't need that, and you'll know the directions by heart, plus what's on the path along the way.
Parsing is kind of tricky, but I think it's just a matter of remembering to do "look in THE sack"instead of "look in sack."

2019-11-23 04:43:46

One of the coolest things when a lot of people are in the game, is that you basically have housebuilding parties.
People get together to chop down trees, scrape logs, and build.
It takes forever, but if you RP through it, it's a lot of fun.
Plus, you can get drunk in character which is hilarious.

2019-11-23 05:58:12

hey that's sounds fun big_smile

2019-11-23 11:54:34

It really is.
Build a big campfire, cook some bear steaks, or whatever you've hunted that day.
Drink, talk, laugh, chop trees, and rest when you need to because you know your friends are helping you, and you'll help them when the time comes for them to build their homes.
If you get a bunch of people together, you can also practice your fighting skills.
There's a way to do it so you don't actually hurt each other, but I can't remember it now.
But it goes a long way toward building all the fighting mechanics you'll need when you face bears and boars and whatever else is out there.
Plus, if you have your buddies watching sparring matches, that can lead to high hilarity as well.
And if I'm not mistaken, people can help you learn other crafting skills, or at the very least loan you tools to help you start learning.

2019-11-23 18:08:10 (edited by GrannyCheeseWheel 2019-11-23 23:47:06)

Well I had to use the graphical map to find my way back. I wish there was a text map or something. I had to do it line by line with nvda.

Also, i would be interested in getting back into this game if people were playing. It was pretty dead.

End racism
End division
Become united

2019-11-24 01:05:05

It may not be that way for long.
I've already got one person to return, and I got a sighted guy on Twitter to realize Muds are still a thing. He said he was definitely looking at it today, and he has family and friends he'd like to introduce to Muds.
This Mud needs a lot of people for the player-driven economy, and just for the fun.
So fingers crossed we get a lot more on.
I have also read that a lot of the older players are returning.

2019-11-24 11:47:18

I created a char some momth ago and got lost and hurt very badly in the wilderness. So i absolutely dont know what to do next.

2019-11-25 02:07:51

Have you got bandages?
If so, "bandage"whichever body part is injured.
If not, sleep and it will restore your health.
You can also sit and meditate, which I believe restores health as well.

2019-11-25 18:17:30

so uh, hehehe, guys? both acursed land and lament sounds good... I keep debating which one to play... help? sad

2019-11-25 19:13:45

Both, if you like them

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

Jace's EA PGA Tour guide for blind golfers

2019-11-25 20:08:55

accursed lands is wonderful for the race selection, the chargen, and I think has actually more craftable options.
That said, Lament is overall more forgiving (no permadeath, no dying of old age), you have a easier time dealing with some stuff (when firing a bow you just fire it compared to get Arrow from quiver, load bow, target deer, fire bow), and the screenreader mode allows for a textual representation of combat styles and the Wilderness map which, in AL, I think is not implemented.

Keep calm, and call the doctor.

2019-11-26 03:35:36

I like them both.
But I am having more luck with RP and getting questions answered on AL.
I haven't seen any staff on Lament this weekend.
Still, they're both awesome for various reasons. I love the jobs system in Lament.