2018-08-15 14:43:24

looks like they did backtrack on their backtrack... Now i'm a little irritated This is worse than if they just didn't backtrack at all..

NevEd.NDO#4838
My community discord:
https://discord.gg/2duutDtGFa

2018-08-15 15:56:03

i'm very happy!

2018-09-30 06:18:29

They're trying it once again. Skype 7 is now set to be discontinued on November 1. From the blog:

Editor’s note, September 27, 2018:
We’re continuing to work on your most requested features. Recently we launched call recording and have started to roll out the ability to search within a conversation. You’ll soon be able to add phone numbers to existing contacts, have more control over your availability status, and more. As we continue to focus on and improve Skype version 8, support for Skype versions 7, and below will end on November 1, 2018 on desktop devices and November 15, 2018 on mobile and tablet devices. Although you may be able to use older versions for a little while, we encourage you to update today to avoid any interruption.

2018-09-30 06:47:38

I just think it's funny how if you go to their original blog post, that post has over 100 pages of 100% negative feedback. Then they say "Thanks for your feedback" and close the topic.. REAL FUCKING NICE.. They just don't get it. Hey, I hear discord is getting more accessible!

NevEd.NDO#4838
My community discord:

2018-09-30 07:02:54

we're not going to put up with this. Skype would be better discontinued than using that piece of trash. It's fine on smart phones. It's a pile of pig poop on computers. it's trash, do you hear me, trash! I need Skype for school, and that piece of garbage they want to use isn't going to help me one little bit. they're just as bad as freedom scientific for trashy products. let's boycott Microsoft and make it known to the world! I'm sick of their stupid idiotic thinking! Sick, sick, sick!

Add me on Skype, search for The Evil Chocolate Cookie

2018-09-30 09:03:43

hahahahahahaha. Like a bunch of blindies not using microsoft products is going to make a difference for them. Also, even if you could get people to do that, that would mean stopping to use windows for a lot of people, and many don't want to do that. Please, before you say stuff like that, be a bit more realistic about what you want.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2018-09-30 11:47:54

No, I do not and wont hear you, because I've said countless times that saying it's trash is just as bad as the product you are critisizing. Nobody will stop using their product, because there is a list of features they are working on bringing back to the new skype. Give them useful feedback and they might do something, or just stop using it for yourself.

2018-09-30 18:53:56

I do have to say that the call recording feature shouldn't have been the first thing they added, in terms of things that are being requested. Skype never had a great track record when it comes to encrypting conversations, so I'd be wary of any solution that's cloud-based. I'm sure the average user doesn't know nor care about that, but I would definitely be careful of what kinds of conversations you're uploading, particularly if there's video involved. Really, though, it doesn't affect whether or not I'll continue to use Skype. I've gotten used to the new version by now.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2018-09-30 20:19:19

I do hope they add split window view before the deadline at least. Dealing with multiple conversations without that will be a pain for me if not.

2018-09-30 22:19:41

if you're a Skype 8 lover, you're not my friend and I don't need you in my life

Add me on Skype, search for The Evil Chocolate Cookie

2018-09-30 22:38:36

I've switched to Zoom. It sounds much better than Skype and supports stereo audio as well as the ability to remove all processing from your microphone. As soon as I've managed to get all the people I talk to using Zoom, I plan on deleting my Skype account. Zoom rocks!

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2018-10-01 01:13:14

Zoom looks great for meetings, but it's not an IM client.

2018-10-01 01:15:37

It can be usedfor instant messages if you add people to your contacts.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2018-10-01 01:58:36

186, do I have to be your friend for a constructive discussion on a forum? If you are hating just to be a hater, then your issue. You can point out what is wrong and give useful feedback, or switch to phone calls and text messages.

2018-10-01 03:12:02

WhatsApp is an alternative. lol. Just saying.

2018-10-01 08:34:19

Not for pc though.

2018-10-01 12:52:05

There are a bunch of alternatives, the post was ironic. Recently discord has been improving too, but yeah I forgot we hate web apps because they will break our life.

2018-10-01 13:41:03

microsoft is evil

2018-10-01 15:40:46

Definitely. Why do you write this from an evil operating system? It will destroy you one day.

2018-10-01 16:05:01

i use cracked version, that's a way to fight in the war against the evil company microsoft. and how were you sure that i was typing from my windows? i was using my android

2018-10-01 16:31:21 (edited by x0 2018-10-01 16:33:15)

we just have some massive groups on Skype with some people that are... Ahem, not computer literate. So it would be more painful for them to switch to another platform or use a true browser app than it would be to just use skype 8. It isn't evil, and they are actually listening ya know? Keyboard shortcuts got mega brought back. Apparently nobody who could see used split window view and it was CPU intensive as fuck, and with their current framework it is literally impossible to use split window view. They're trying to unify the app for multiple platforms to make their development process easier, that's why the electron. It runs on anything. If you go to the UWP version it's almost the same thing, which btw I actually think the electron one is better than UWP. UWP has some fuckery going on. I got used to the electron version, skype is not near as active as it used to be so needing to juggle multiple conversations isn't all that common, plus alt 1 goes to the convos list so you can just switch and arrow up and down and enter to switch chats. You get system notifications on newer windows which is a plus, the alt 1 thing can be a little buggy sometimes though because it'll say conversations list but sorta half switch, least with an sr. That may be more of a document renderer bug. Force it into focus/forms mode and have yourself a good time. Applications even works!
I'm done defending it now, fucktards will be fucktards and if they wanna think Microsoft is evil for doing this then their fucking loss, not like mobile is much better. GO switch to other platforms and make facebook more money. And somebody take Eliza off the wire, she's a fucking troll. Nothing more, nothing less.

----------
An anomaly in the matrix. An error in existence. A being who cannot get inside the goddamn box! A.K.A. Me.

2018-10-01 16:57:58

i can't use skype, as long as they don't make it compatible with windows high contrast like skype 7 is, i won't! it's  not that i can't, i can but  my eyes dont allow me to use   something like that it needs to have high contrast and microsft is damn not listening

2018-10-01 17:10:50

Did you send feedback? I guess not. Also, how does using a cracked windows allow you to fight against them? They don't really care, and even if they did we are talking about 2 totally different departments here, skype team and windows team.

2018-10-02 03:50:49

Microsoft is evil? seriously? Then how about I say Microsoft is angel? big_smile

2018-10-02 04:36:16

Microsoft is ran by a bunch of satanists doggie killing hyper-religious hitler buffs. No seriously. Look it up. IT'S ALL REAAAAALLLLL

NevEd.NDO#4838
My community discord: