2018-03-14 18:21:40

I am sorry for you, Orko.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2018-03-14 22:09:30 (edited by Dan Gero 2018-03-14 22:10:42)

Hey Dark, I actually like to call scammers and give them a difficult time, of course if they're actual scammers and not just regular telemarketers. If you want them to leave you alone, just send me an email or PM with their phone number, (preferably email,) and I'll be happy to keep them busy for you. I can also post some of my encounters with them, I have them recorded.

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2018-03-14 22:53:23

Yeh, please post them if you can, I like to watch them on youtube for example, they are alot of romanian ones too.

2018-03-15 10:19:57

I think I'll leave the fraud squad to deal with them thanks, since it sounds like a fairly prolific operation, and if they have a local Uk phone number they should be fairly easy to track down.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-03-15 14:24:00

Here in the states we have what is called the National Do Not Call List, in theory all you have to do is list your number in the list and telemarketing operations are not allowed to call you.

But our wonderful and thoughtful politicians caved in to the telemarketing lobbies and added exceptions to the rule that you could drive a Mac truck through. Political, religious, and charitable organizations do not have to abide by the list, they can call you anyway, nice, the people that want to sell you something can't call you but the people that just want your money can. They also added that telemarketing operations below a certain size were also exempt from having to abide by the list. So what happens? The big telemarketing operation break up their call centers to units small enough to be exempt and call you anyway.

The list is so useless that now a days, the best advice is to not register your number on the list, and pay for it to be unlisted in phone directories.

2018-03-16 02:01:03

Man, I hate getting old! Things start falling apart. I don't know how old you are, and I don't really need to either, but I'm 60, so I'm getting up there,
if I haven't already arrived.

Last January, after going ten years without catching a single one, I caught a cold, then, figuring I was done with that non sense for the year, in March
I caught bronchitis, which I'm still dealing with after two weeks. When it rains it pours, and bad luck comes in threes, so I was wondering what my third
treat would be. I found out, today I was told that I might have cancer. Lovely, just what I needed!

And to lighten the mood, here's a poem about retirement I heard a few years ago. Enjoy!

My nookie days are over,
my pilot light is out.
What used to be my sex appeal,
is now my water spout!

It used to be so embarrassing,
the way it would behave.
For each and every morning,
it would stand and watch me shave!

As old age approaches,
it sure gives me the blues.
To see it hang its withered head,
and watch me tie my shoes!

2018-03-16 11:49:15

Wow Orko that's terrible, I really hope that isn't the case, please keep us posteted  whats happening.
I don't know if we can do much from here but we can at least listen and be a place to deposit various woes.

Btw I'm actually 35 myself if you were wondering.

For me, Last night was nice, my brother and his Fiance had come back from Ireland, and by chance the Adams, the local catering colidge was doing an irish themed meal.
the Adams is really awesome, it's a colidge that trains very professional chefs and weighters, and of course they get to try creations on the patrons.
usually they  have a good meal, but occasionally they do themed nights, this happened to be the irish one.

I had a mini Irish breakfast, which was sort of nuts for a starter (they were suppoed to have nettle soop but apparently couldn't get the nettles), an amazing Irish stew and dumplings with Champ potatoes (like a potatoe and cabbage mix), treacle carrots and leaks, and finally a really good  moose with irish wisky cream plus an irish coffee to wash it down with.
Definitely a nice night all round.

I've also finished my reivew of Steven King's joyland which hopefully they'll get around to posting on www.fatnasybookreview.co.uk soon. Today I need to do one for the second book in Jack Vance Cadwal chronicles, Ecce and old earth.

My lady and I have also made a start on Oathbringer by Brandon Sanderson though we're not too far in as yet.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-03-17 01:32:07

Hey guys. Just wanted to let you know that I have uploaded 3 scammer recordings to my website. Click on the website button below my post, click on the menu button that shows up, and then click scammer recordings and it should work. Please keep in mind that all of these recordings contain excessive cursing, so listen at your own discretion. BTW, hope things get better for you Orko.

TWITCH

2018-03-17 13:57:33

The way I deal with telemarketers is simple, as soon as I know it's a telemarketer, I don't say anything, I just hang up. Eventually, they get the message and stop calling.

2018-03-18 04:45:53

I don't want them to stop calling me personally, I want to anoy the hell out of them until they can't take it anymore.

TWITCH

2018-03-18 14:08:43

There used to be a device called Telezapper. What it did was play the three tones indicating a disconnected line as soon as the call is answered whether by a person or an answering machine. The effect of this was that for telemarketers using an automated dialer, the dialer would detect these tone and mark the number as disconnected and not call it again for six months. It worked great.

As soon as I figure out the best way to do it, I'm going to record my cellular carriers default voice mail greeting, put the disconnected tones in front of it, then use that to record a new greeting, then let all calls from unknown callers go to voice mail, if its a telemarketer, they won't call me again for six months, if it's not, they can leave a message.

2018-03-18 14:45:15

First Orko, that is terrible, my grandma had that 10 years ago, she had 2 surgeries and now she is healthy.
Second, these recordings arre funny, I can do them but in Romanian, so, understandable for alot of people here, I am called by alot of them, but there are talking in Romanian.

2018-03-18 19:05:16 (edited by Orko 2018-03-18 19:06:23)

@Angel

Well, I'm glad your grandma is now cancer free, however I seriously doubt that she had the same kind of cancer I might have, mine is unique to males.

Look Steven Fry if you realy want to know.

2018-03-18 20:44:14

Can we get a universal Fuck Cancer!

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-03-19 12:07:54

Youch Orko, as Cansa goes that is a uniquely nasty one, I hope it does manage to clear up and that Chemo isn't as bloody awful as its reputed to be.

Cansa is something I'm constantly petrified of for my lady since as she had retinal blastoma at birth she's definitely at risk (without going into gorey details this is partly why she cannot have children), so sympathy on that one.

I finished my review of ecce and old earth by Jack vance, so hopefully that should be appearing soon. I do enjoy doing book reviews. Right now I'm trying to finish the big finish series countermeasures. This is less my thing since i'm not as crazy about spy fiction, but I've had it on my victor for ages and really ought to get it finished.

I'm also having to do a mondo amount of backing up. Recently Maplins, the computer and electronic sales place has gone into administration so were selling off their stock.
So while I still had 100 gb on my external driveI thought I'd buy a larger replacement while it was on offer, I did the same for my lady as well, so we've both upgraded from a 2tb to a 4 tb model.

This is fine but it means I'm now having to transfer the entire contents of my external hd drive onto the newer one before i reformat the old one, which probably will take around 14 hours, though given its transferring close to 2tb of stuff that isn't too bad going.

its all also backed up on yet another external drive which spends most of its time under my bed and only gets pulled out
when I need it, and which has everything including bookmarks, games, documents, audiobooks, music everything backed up on it.

I suppose I could look at some sort of cloud backup system, but honestly I prefer to do it myself manually, that way I can be absolutely certain everything is secure and that I know where it all is.
Besides,  I'd rather deal with file organisation myself than leave it up to some external agency ala Itunes. Actually I rather wish I could back my Iphone up this way too, but its one of the curses of Apple that you can't manage the contents of your own device, so hay.

2018-03-19 13:11:51

@tjt1234

What is this service called?

@Dark

At present, all they know is that my PSA levels are high, which is an indicator for possible prostate cancer. But other things can cause PSA levels to go up, like a bacteriological infection, like bronchitis. Since the PSA test is the only thing my primary care physician does, I suspect the next step is a digital exam, as in a finger going where the sun doesn't shine, and then a biopsy if the digital exam turns up anything suspicious. I might get lucky and not have cancer, but my dad had this very same cancer 18 years ago, and my sister had breast cancer 7 years ago, they are both now cancer free, and since cancer tends to run in families, it's very possible I have it too, more testing is needed to know for sure, and that begins this Friday.

2018-03-19 18:41:54

My grandma had breast one and I have an uncle who had the one for males.

2018-03-20 00:09:37

@tjt1234

I didn't listen to the video, I just wanted to know the name of the service. Thanks!

2018-03-20 13:28:08

I will eventually, but if all this service targets is scammers, it's not really what I'm looking for because I get very few of those types of calls. What I'm looking for is a way to stop the telemarketing calls, and I think my idea of putting the disconnected signal in front of my voice mail greeting, then not answering calls from numbers not in my contact list. If it's important, they'll leave a message, if it's a telemarketer or a scammer, they'll hang up without leaving a message.

2018-03-20 17:03:11

The scammers actually rang me back the other day.
it was quite hilarious

Woman on the phone: "Hello this is Stellar from Microsoft, we would like to talkk to you about your computer"

Me: (In my most stentorian tone), "Go away you dirty rotten scammer!"

I was just preparing a choice diatribe, when she put the phone down on me. If she weren't a horrible filthy scammer I might have felt sorry for her, since I suspect I scared her big_smile.

On the other hand she actually is! a filthy rotten scammer, so I'm not all that sorry big_smile.

I am however sorry to hear about the less than pleasant medical exam there Orko, that definitely doesn't sound fun.

Well I've finished countermeasures season 5. Really it wasn't that good, a rather dull murder mystery which actually wasn't a murder mystery and a really unique plot hook dealt with like a damp squib. Possibly one of big finish's worst. Then again I admit that spy fiction isn't exactly a favourite genre of mine, albeit I have enjoyed some of the more scifi or horror style countermeasures stories in the past.

Now I'm finishing off the Cadwal chronicles by Jack Vance while my lady and I read through Oathbringer by Brandon Sanderson together, so lots of nice stuff going on books wise.

Unfortunately the attempt  put an extra ccouple of speakers into my cambridge audio set so my lady and I can have music in the kitchin has failed quite badly, also oddly enough in trying to configure the box to switch speakers my pc has stopped recognizing sound sources autoamtically, meaning that everytime I want to go from the speakers plugged into the HDMI socket from my headphones I now have to change it manually where previously I just turned the speaker box on or off, which is mildly irritating.

Games wise I've not been doing too much of late though I think I shal finally buy the gate and see how it goes.

2018-03-20 20:59:18

I've had these exams before as part of an annual physical exam, to me they aren't unpleasant, nor are they pleasant, they just are.

Unless they come up with a better way to screen for this type of cancer, you can look forward to it becoming a part of your annual physical exam once you turn 50.

Some doctors, like my current one, are skipping doing the physical exam and relying on PSA blood tests, despite the fact that it's not recommended because the PSA test produces so many false positives, causing a lot of unnecessary procedures to be performed.

If you really want something distinctly unpleasant, neither method of performing a biopsy sounds appealing at all.

2018-03-25 12:14:25

An update for those that are interested.

Friday was my initial prostate exam after blood tests show excessively high PSA levels. That was loads of fun! If you don't know, just google "prostate exam" and you'll find out more than you ever wanted to know about it.

Anyway, because I have cancer in my family history, and because of the high PSA levels in my blood, and probably because the urologist felt something suspicious during the prostate exam, he decided that it would be best to schedule me for a biopsy of the prostate to make a final determination whether I have cancer or not. Oh joy, just what I always wanted. Laughs.

2018-03-28 12:57:14 (edited by Orko 2018-03-28 12:58:05)

Although the urologist explained to me what would happen during the prostate biopsy, I was still curious what other people might have experienced.

Man! People will talk about anything on youtube! I found a number of descriptions of the prostate biopsy experience from a doctor explaining what's involved, to several patients, some of which seemed to have some drama added.

This is the one that seemed the most matter of fact and probably more accurate than the ones with some drama added.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhhuLEv9Peo

Yeah, something to look forward to! Laughs!

2018-03-29 19:58:10

Man! I am having a terrible March! First I get a bronchitis infection that takes most of the month to get rid of, then I get the news that my mother has passed away, then I get the news that I might have prostate cancer, and now a leak in the cold water pipe going to the water heater has caused a lot of black mold to grow on the walls and base boards of the utility room it is in.

The leak has been fixed, but to remove the mold they will have to temporarily remove the water heater, then replace the dry wall and base boards, and possibly some of the vynal flooring in the room. No matter how it's done, it's not going to be easy or cheap, and the management here will procrastinate as long as they can to avoid having to spend money.

I've heard of several residents that moved out because they also had black mold growing in their apartments, and after six months, management hadn't even begun to make any signs of having the work done to remove it. The apartments are still vacant because all they did was paint over the mold and it is showing through the paint, so nobody will rent them. And management won't spend the money to properly remove the mold.

As much as I hate it, it looks like I might have to consider moving. I already know that I have a bad reaction to black mold spores if they get into the air, and I know that even if it's not the case now, it's only a matter of time before the air conditioner starts circulating the spores throughout the apartment, it's in the same room as the water heater and the black mold.

2018-03-30 09:38:51

@Orko,
That sucks on the levels I can not imagine, and here is hoping things improve. plus march has almost ended...

I havent posted in one of these topics ever,but I am having a terrible terrible time of it, and reading Orkos posts I thought I would just write a line or 2.
Best of luck or what so ever you prefer to call it.
Grryf.

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter