2018-02-24 04:50:10

@simba I believe the old version of the zone was run by Jage from Blind Bargains. It's been run for 15 years, but unfortunately the guy shut it down. It had all sorts of things like games and boards and the like. Katy/Eliza/whatever you want to call her is Microsoftsam, the person who posted this topic and made the new version of the zone, but nobody wants to join it because she goes around insulting people on Twitter and we think that she's gonna do the same thing on her platform. She already broke one of her own rules, so it's best that nobody wastes their time with the forum in my honest opinion.

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2018-02-24 05:54:38

@24 nothing has happened... yet! Even so, due to this person's rep and inability to control their emotions, I'd rather not anyway.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-02-24 06:24:52

So this person is known for insulting people on twitter...for the last few weeks she has been insulting people because they wouldn't unban her from the zone. Thinks like: "If you don't unban me, I wil kill myself" and "Sam Tupy needs to go have sex with Aaron Baker", etc. She has also delted my account on her forum, and in the rules she wrote she clearly said that she wasn't having admins remove accounts if they have personal problems with said individuals.

Ivan M. Soto.
Feel free to check out my work and services.
http://ims-productions.com

2018-02-24 08:05:35

Damn.
Looks like TheGhostOfSteveJobsPast just got banned from the forum. Hey... all I was doing was, erm, telling Steve's background story for those who wanted to know...
You are banned from this forum. The administrator or moderator that banned you left the following message:
You clearly didn't read the rules. You are no longer welcome on our site.
Please direct any inquiries to the forum administrator at [email protected].

Soooooo Sad. Not really, I'm just slightly disappointed that now the 80 spam bots and maybe 10 users won't get to see my trollish masterpiece.

Anyway though. Eliza Baez? Her girlfriend I guess is Joan Baez now?
Joan is 77 by the way. And apparently still alive. Rofl.

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.
https://stevend.net/scramble/support

2018-02-24 08:08:30

Also to those not checking out the forum or those others banned, don't worry. All you'll be missing out on most likely, is emotional and social confusion, impersonation of famous celebrities... oh and our personal favorites, terroristic threats and extreme hate speech.

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.

2018-02-24 08:10:28

Lucas1853 wrote:

How did I know? Just... how did I know something about this was gonna show up on there eventually? http://blindfunzone.x10.mx/forum/viewto … pid=25#p25
<edit>This seems like... half satire and half her real writing style.</edit>

I believe this is referring to the steve jobs past post. That was mine, was just having a bit of fun. smile

2018-02-24 09:05:58

I really wouldn't be surprised if this sight was forcibly taken down by either X10 hosting or by someone else. I'm not sure if this forum constitutes "Offensive Content" or not (on their AUP at https://x10hosting.com/legal/acceptable-use-policy). I didn't find anything about it in their TOS (https://x10hosting.com/legal/terms-of-service), but I just skimmed it. One of their definitions of "offensive content" is content that "Is excessively violent, incites violence, threatens violence, or contains harassing content or hate speech."
Legal shit aside though, I'm honestly amazed that Katie/Eliza dared to do this. She knows her reputation and how bad it is. What's even worse is that she tried this in a group that I am an admin in (it really is quite tranquil, I haven't had to use my admin powers in over 4 months and it has over 200 people). Or she tried something similar to this "Steve Jobs" shit she still goes on and on and on about. I think I'm thinking of another group. I really can't remember tongue. Anyway, she created a second Skype account, used the /secondary switch to load another instance of it, and tried to act like Steve Jobs. Even after I was forced to post exactly how Steve Jobs died (from his Wikipedia article) because she wouldn't just admit who she really was, she still continued on and on about it. I really didn't want to post that -- it's so sad, and I was originally hoping I wouldn't have to -- but I was forced to, primarily in the hopes that it would jolt her out of this obsession of hers. Unfortunately it didn't work. In fact, she wished death to befall me on October 21. She also threatened to release my mailing address and phone number... though I saw right through that. Oh... this part of it was actually kinda funny. She said that my brain was "nonexistent", and I replied with, "I am me. I think, therefore I am." That part was actually quite hilarious. I'd release the chat log, but I don't want to cross the boundaries of character assassination... though I do admit that she probably does deserve it.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2018-02-24 15:17:09

Hi,
@31 Yeah, after reading over it more carefully that was what I thought, but originally I just thaught Katie got drunk hahaha.

2018-02-24 15:38:47

Well, I do not know her, I do not know what she said, but I have no problem with her forum, just a thing to read and write and it is not so bad at all for me, a single problem, it is verry, but verry inactive.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2018-02-24 16:39:41

Sounds like this person is quite demented.

End racism
End division
Become united

2018-02-24 18:22:08

@35 uh, you could... say that. She's got illusions of grandeur for certain, and she's... in this reality with a nice overlay. smile

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2018-02-24 19:44:31

I don't pretend to understand or have knowledge of anything that led up to this, but if microsoftsam is really who people are saying they are, and has earned a horrible reputation for impersonation and harassment, why are we still entertaining him/her (I'm going to assume her)? I'm not very entertained by it, it's only giving her and other people like her more incentive to do stupid stuff. I wish we could have more real discussion that actually makes sense and is fulfilling.

For what it's worth I made an account on the Blind Fun Zone but now I don't expect anything to come of it. To be honest I wish I had never heard about it because we're wasting our time. Unless someone else can host the forums who we can take seriously, and I'm really starting to wonder how easily that can happen.

I wish Microsoftsam the best of luck and hopes for getting treated for the mental issues she must have that would insight this behavior (provided of course the stories are true). It's a longshot, but I'm getting sick of seeing this kind of stuff. I really don't want to pull out from blindness social media outlets, even the most obscure ones, because I feel they *can* be a good thing. Like a forum for autism, or a forum for thd deaf. I see nothing wrong with those, but a lot of the blindness ones, well probably all of them, seem to be hubs for drama, baggage and rumors, and it makes me very sad. Even this forum isn't immune. I empathize with the mods who try to keep it at bay and they do a very good job. I just wish this stuff was a thing of the past. The very, very distant past. But heaven knows it isn't. And I am not accusing anyone in this thread of drama or anything, just expressing grievances at a larger situation. IF the Blind Fun Zone actually ends up taking off and I can find a place there, great. I reeeeally want that to happen, despite my doubts that it will.

Make more of less, that way you won't make less of more!
If you like what you're reading, please give a thumbs-up.

2018-02-24 20:40:55

@musicalman, I'd agree with you, but you've got to realize that in a community such as a forum, a blog hosting platform, a twitter-like thing, etc., there will always be drama, whether it be simple drama over disability or whether it be drama over the latest ISIS Crisis in Syria or something just as large-scale. Add to that the fact that the internet is generally a huge disaster just waiting to happen on the battlefield of drama and you've got a pretty volatile mixture. Add to that the insanity of emotion and you've got a massive fireball just waiting to explode outward at the slightest wrong move.

My Github

2018-02-24 21:40:39

@37 well, unfortunately blindness forum or not you're not going to find such a tranquil place where roomers don't get spread, people don't express complaints about honest to God trolls (hey, I like to troll. I'll never deny that, but there's a difference between hopping on a game and screwing around, and bringing your bs to literally everyone, all the time, with no end, and never doing anything else). Hell. I hope that if you were to back out of blindness forums for reasons like this topic, that you would back out of mainstream social media, where figures like Donald Trump are criticised every day, and all political discussion (which there is a hell of a lot of now a days) has turned in to is "I'm right, and if you don't think so you're a (insert derogatory label here).", and then the discussion devolves into worse than this topic probably ever will.

Whether or not the continuation of this topic gives the subject more incentive to do what she is doing, anyone and everyone has the right to extend the topic with their story. If not, and this is a legitimate bad thing, let's please shut down all forms of media so people quit commenting pressing issues such as politics, terrorism, and mass shooters (or more relating to this matter) generally just people with reputations for saying and doing crappy things.

2018-02-24 23:50:55 (edited by ivan_soto 2018-02-24 23:52:40)

What I don't understand is why is everyone so concerned all the time about drama. Why do people try to act like the better person and try to stop  a flamewar. People don't understand that just having a simple conversation calls for a drama cry. If we're talking about how horrible a game is or how horrible an admin on a game is, they instantly call for drama. Its annoying. Everyone's allowed to express their thoughts. Whether you want to accept it or not, people will argue, people will get angry, and yes, drama will start. Its just a part of us, a part of people. I've noticed that when people try to have a peaceful conversation or group on the internet they end up arguing the most because their buttons are just so touchy. They get upset at the most harmless of comments.

Ivan M. Soto.
Feel free to check out my work and services.
http://ims-productions.com

2018-02-25 07:18:17

@The Dwarfer, at least you know when to be serious, judging from your posts on this thread.

I did enjoy that background story by the way, very entertaining.

So Steve Jobs ended up in hell and is using Satan's computer to post, amusing.

Maybe I'm just weird, but yeah, stuff like that is fine from time to time.

February 24 also happens to be Steve's birthday, something I didn't know until I saw it mentioned on twitter.

2018-02-25 07:46:55

hi.
Thing is, someone mensioned that drama is mostly happening on social media platforms for blind people. Well, if people devote hole faceboo groups for talking shit about other blind people, I am seriously wondering if they have no other hobbies in life.
Look at, let's say Voreil, 20 or so people going at each other, and this platform doesn't seam moderated, there is always that same person bitching about everything and anything, and if you say something against her, you can guarantee that you appear in her latest posts where she rants bullshit about you which doesnt even make sense in any form, or she runs off like a cry baby.
Well, the other, I hhave the feeling that they just mindlessly follow her. one reason why i deleted the app, nothing good came around for me there, I have better things to do than listen to blind people where some of these don't seam to have a fulfilled life of their own.
Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2018-02-25 09:23:50

Drama is everywhere.

It may seem like there's a lot of it in the blind community, and that may be the case, but I can assure you it is all over the net.

That's to be expected from different personalities clashing.

I don't know why people can't just ignore it, those particular platforms you mentioned let you block the offenders.

Facebook lets you block people, even if you're not their friend, while vorail calls it muting, it's still the same thing.

I hardly go on vorail these days, not because of the drama, It's actually quite annoying to listen to a post and wait up to 2 or 3 minutes, sometimes even 5 minutes before they get to the point.

On a public forum you either learn to live with it or go somewhere where it's more peaceful.

But this is the internet, there will always be someone willing to pick a fight, just so they can get some attention.

I'm no moderator, nor do I have experience moderating online communities, but if I did, I probably wouldn't put up with it.

I would either tell them to toughen up, go somewhere else, or be triggar happy with the banning feature.

2018-02-25 13:23:16

Yeah I know that drama exists everywhere, but I've been on multiple forums where it just doesn't crop up nearly so much. All I was saying was that you go on blindness communities like this one, and every few months, if not more often at times, something is going down and more often than not it's just a repeat or continuation of something that we've seen before. Not too long ago on Anyaudio, there was shit going on there too. On Twitter you can see it, though I choose not to follow anyone who associates with it. And need I start on the world of online games? It's like you have to keep up with the backstory of people to know if something they post is drama waiting to happen, or actually worth doing. I may be the odd one out but I don't find entertainment in that. I have enough trouble understanding the physical world a lot of the time. Lol

In other forums I'm on, this doesn't seem to happen. Sure you get disagreements, sure you have to get accustomed to people and figure out if they're trying to start trouble or not, but nothing on this scale so far as I've seen. I know there are reasons for it, (bigger moderation staff, different vibes and different people, maybe not as much traffic at times etc.) but regardless I'm more comfortable there. I, at least, don't see things devolve into a "Trump or anyone else is an ***". And in the limited experience I've had, nothing really does devolve quite like stuff here does. Not saying there aren't places to find that kind of stuff in the so-called mainstream world, but I just haven't found it yet because there's so much more to explore I guess.

kool_turk wrote:

I'm no moderator, nor do I have experience moderating online communities, but if I did, I probably wouldn't put up with it.

I would either tell them to toughen up, go somewhere else, or be triggar happy with the banning feature.

Which to me is just sad... but hey, maybe such tactics need to be used when it gets bad. It hasn't really gotten bad in this thread but look at the amount of closed threads where it has been. Ah well, there's no way to win in this.

I know I'm overreacting, that I should just ignore this stuff like any decent person, that I am not helping the situation. I know I should've kept my nose out of this thread, but I couldn't resist this time. Now that I've said everything I needed to say, I will do just what I said and ignore. Please don't take anything I've said personally, it was not targeted at anyone specific.

Make more of less, that way you won't make less of more!
If you like what you're reading, please give a thumbs-up.

2018-03-15 11:30:51

I think what Eliza has done is amazing, considering she has to do all of the coding by herself. I haven't joined the site yet, but I have looked at the forum. She is working to set up an instant chat system, as she finds the private message system on the forum troublesome. I think we should all lend her our support and not say bad things about a project she cares about. As someone who is slowly losing my vision, I think her site will be a blessing to all of you. Also, a note to female users of this forum, Eliza said she is trying to keep gender distribution equal with regards to staff, and she is in need of female moderators. The site will tell you where to submit your application. As the page says, the site is for fun, friends, and a great time. Let's make that happen. I am going to make an account now.

You can't connect the dots looking forward.  You can only connect them looking backwards.

2018-03-15 22:58:08

@45... excuse me, but you seem to be blatantly ignorant about PunBB. The forum is PunBB, if I'm not mistaken. There are private message/instant messaging plugins already there. Please stop trying to give someone credit where credit is not rightfully earned.

My Github

2018-03-16 02:37:20

stevejobs wrote:

I think what Eliza has done is amazing, considering she has to do all of the coding by herself.
(Oh, that was a typo. I meant to say she set it up in 10 or 20 minutes with pun bb, and that the only real typing she did involved creating topics with rules to which she doesn't feel the need to adhere.)
I haven't joined the site yet, but I have looked at the forum.
(Been too busy typing topics as my other alts and trolling Twitter to make time to create an account for this one... I promise I'll get to it real snappy like. Don't you worry)
She is working to set up an instant chat system, as she finds the private message system on the forum troublesome.
(I've done some telepathy with Joan, seeing as how we share a brain, and she's emitting waves of frustration radiation, interspersed with streams of ascii data containing strings such as "Damn. That PunBB plugin won't work either! Fuck! Is this search ever gonna end?" So yeah, she's trying for that chat system, real hard guys.)
I think we should all lend her our support and not say bad things about a project she cares about.
(Woe there, those who see through my thin transparent wall of , bullshit, your disagreement with my 100% correctness is beginning to get under my skin, albeit you're only criticizing one of my alts. Remember though, we share a brain and that hurts me too. So please, stop? Or at least back up a tad? Can't have tears falling...)
As someone who is slowly losing my vision, I think her site will be a blessing to all of you.
(Yes, yes. Remember, decomposition has caused my eyes to go bad, which is why I was so quick to leap from the grave, and into the blind community's arms. Also, that whole thing with "Her site will be a blessing for all of you", right after mentioning my vision loss. That was a horribly corny, punny play on words. Good, you figured out. Bet you feel like a genius now!)
Also, a note to female users of this forum, Eliza said she is trying to keep gender distribution equal with regards to staff, and she is in need of female moderators. The site will tell you where to submit your application.
(Females! Please join my forum and submit your mod application. We can't have men running this forum. Not those horrible, sexist, gay, inconsiderate, bigoted, one-sided pigs! they'll... they'll... they'll take control with their horribly hairy barreled sticking out chests, and slap us around with their macho muscles of mayhem and bore us to death with loud drunken ramblings about the Dallas Cowboys' consistent suckiness as they slam back an endless barrage of that alcohol crap us ladies are too lady like to even go near! Nooooooooo! Save us all!)

As the page says, the site is for fun, friends, and a great time. Let's make that happen.
(Seriously, though. All of you. Help my cyber dictatorship come to fruition. This site is only for people of my rather crazy, unstable, and bigoted disposition. So long as all of you adhere to that mindset, only making fun of or excluding those who don't share every one of the sacred opinions that help uphold this thriving community of newness and potential, we'll all be happy bubbly friends and never shall there be a disagreement or spark of drama. Seriously guys. Join up, and do what I say. I did spend $71 on this forum for nonexistent Christ's sake!)
I am going to make an account now.
(And with that, like I said earlier, I think it's time to create an account for this alt. All my other personalities are literally hammering me with telepathic waves of peer pressure. It's becoming too much to bare. See yall on my lovely forum. Til then, cheers and xoxoxoxoxox!)

2018-03-16 03:04:44

lol, +1

End racism
End division
Become united

2018-03-16 05:10:36

@47 perfection. Nuff said +1 billion billion billion billion. smile

2018-03-16 05:14:53

That... was... that... oh I can't stop laughing. That was too funy! Roflroflroflroflroflroflrofl! smile:)

My Github