2017-12-30 08:24:22

Hey there Joseph.
I bought the game earlier today and have been trying to run it ever since.
I sent an email to you guys with the textfile that I found which contains the error I keep getting when the game loads up.
In case it doesn't make it through or something, here it is.
Could not load bank Data for RPG\Adventures\A Heros Call\FMOD Studio\Banks\Desktop Oculus\accessibility sounds.bank ERR_PLUGIN_MISSING
Could not load bank Data for RPG\Adventures\A Heros Call\FMOD Studio\Banks\Desktop Oculus\combat.bank ERR_PLUGIN_MISSING
Could not load bank Data for RPG\Adventures\A Heros Call\FMOD Studio\Banks\Desktop Oculus\global environment bank.bank ERR_PLUGIN_MISSING
Could not load bank Data for RPG\Adventures\A Heros Call\FMOD Studio\Banks\Desktop Oculus\Interactions - UI.bank ERR_PLUGIN_MISSING
It keeps saying that, no matter what I do.
It also continues saying something about not being able to find or load the general UI.
Hopefully we can get this resolved soon.

2017-12-30 08:52:19

hi there
are items randomize on each playthrough?

2017-12-30 09:03:35

When trying to leave one of the mausoleums:
Could not find an event with the name stone door small open

When trying to retreat (in the graveyard, a dead party member):
Error in script.
Calling Context: combat_running_onEnter
Filename: New Combat Sound Scripts
Line: 161
Column: 34, 35
TypeError: Cannot set property 'sounds' of null

There was an error I got trying to open the chest in the professor's study, but I lost that one, sorry. It only happened the first time I tried opening it, though; after that, the game continued as usual and I could open it with no problems.

Go, balloons. I don't see anything happening. Go, balloons. Go, balloons. Go, balloons. Stand by, confetti. Keep coming, balloons. More balloons. Bring them. Balloons, balloons, balloons! More balloons. Tons of them. Bring them down. Let them all come. No confetti. No confetti yet. No confetti. All right. Go, balloons.

2017-12-30 09:14:25

The following is a spoiler centric bug report, please ignore if you're not the dev team and don't want spoilers.
Sometimes, while fighting the beast in the underground lake, an error occurs.
I'm sorry, but I didn't know about the TTS log at the time, so I'll have to wait until next time it happens to get the full exception details and stack trace it spewed at me (I can't kill the boss just yet, so I'm sure I'll have time to reproduce it).
It reports unknown event and that there was an error in the sound system.
The game continues on, but the sinomatics for that round are skipped.
Hopefully this gives you something to work with, though as a programmer myself I understand this might be totally useless without the exact details. I really need to be heading to bed though or I'd keep dying to the boss over and over until it cropped up again.
It's been a great first day though.
Regards,

Jordan.

Official server host for vgstorm.com and developer of the Manamon 2 netplay server.
PSA: sending unsolicited PMs or emails to people you don't know asking them to buy you stuff is disrespectful. You'll just be ignored, so don't waste your time.

2017-12-30 09:20:17

Hi guys,

That is amazing you're sending logs and reporting bugs! Joseph will definitely appreciate that. smile

I wish the game could be bugs free but as Joseph stated there wasn't that much time to test it extensively so every bit of support will help getting it better and better experience. smile

@trajectory - Just use ctrl plus shift plus L to open the speech log and well, Hydra is kinda tricky, you will beat it, don't worry haha. smile

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2017-12-30 09:35:50

Sorry to report yet another error:

Choose a skill for Gwen Adrianus
Attack
Ice Spike
Fire Bolt
Use Fire Bolt on who?
Giant Spider, wounded
System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
   at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
   at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
   at System.Int32.Parse(String s)
   at Ian.CombatEvent.HandleTimelineMarker(IntPtr parametersPtr) in C:\Data\Recent\Games\Sound\CombatEvent.cs:line 187
   at Ian.CombatEvent.HandleFModCallback(EVENT_CALLBACK_TYPE type, IntPtr eventInstance, IntPtr parametersPtr) in C:\Data\Recent\Games\Sound\CombatEvent.cs:line 87
Battle log
Giant Spider uses Web Spew on Bradley
Gwen Adrianus uses Fire Bolt on Giant Spider
Giant Spider uses Web Spew on Bradley
Close Battle Log
Giant Spider has been defeated.
Close Battle Log
Battle log
You won!
Items received:
You won!
Close Battle Log

This happened in the forest.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2017-12-30 10:07:38

Hi.
I wander why people are reporting bugs here on the forum instead of sending them to the support mail. smile
@JasonBlaze: Yes, the items are randomiced. Some of the containers are being filled up when switching map. That means if you go to an other map and go back again to where you came from, you might find some new randomiced items.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-12-30 10:08:08

hi all if playing the game in languages other than english how many of them are fulby translated, or do they still all use google?

2017-12-30 10:17:42

I can say spanish is google for sure

follow me on
twitter
now go away, don't talk to me

2017-12-30 10:23:59

This game is awesome!! Great work!

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

2017-12-30 10:27:57

Oooo I've got a nice error here!
I pressed enter on a skeleton to see what loot it had and got the following error:
Calling Context: container_menu_onEnter
Filename: random loot scripts
Line: 346
Column: 31, 32
Input string was not in a correct format.
Noesis.Javascript.JavascriptException: Input string was not in a correct format. ---> System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
   at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
   at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
   at System.Int16.Parse(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
   at System.Int16.Parse(String s)
   at Ian.CalculatedInt.ParseWithoutErrorChecking(String s) in C:\Data\Recent\Games\GameEngine\CalculatedInt.cs:line 42
   at Ian.GameScriptAPI.Calculate(String s) in C:\Data\Recent\Games\GameEngine\GameScriptAPI.cs:line 58
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Noesis.Javascript.JavascriptContext.Run(String iScript, String iScriptResourceName)
   at Ian.NoesisWrapper.Run(String script, String resourceName, String& error) in C:\Data\Recent\Games\JSScriptHost\NoesisWrapper.cs:line 22

After pressing enter on the skeleton again, I did find loot and I was able to continue without any problems.

I'm probably gonna get banned for this, but...

2017-12-30 10:45:35

My reason at least is that I don't want to spam the emails lol

2017-12-30 11:33:03

I have a bit of a curious question. I know that you can go through the north, east and west gates of FarHaven, but when you try going through the southern gate, you can’t. It does make the gate open sound then when you back away from it, it does close. But you can’t get through the southern gate. Is there a reason for this,  aside from the fact that this is where you start when you enter the game the very first time?

2017-12-30 12:39:13

An error occurred in the sound system
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Ian.CombatEvent.Create(CombatSounds cs, FModSoundContext sc, Boolean playTTS, Boolean wait) in C:\Data\Recent\Games\Sound\CombatEvent.cs:line 44
   at Ian.FModSoundContext.<>c__DisplayClass2f.<RunCombatSounds>b__2e() in C:\Data\Recent\Games\Sound\FModSoundContext.cs:line 502
   at Ian.Perf.TimeIt(PerfInfo pi, SystemPerfInfo spi, Action command) in C:\Data\Recent\Games\Core\Perf2.cs:line 81
   at Ian.FModSoundContext.<StartThread>b__4() in C:\Data\Recent\Games\Sound\FModSoundContext.cs:line 107

2017-12-30 12:47:39

Sean, this is where you came from and there's nothing so you can't go there.

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2017-12-30 13:09:17

so I was wondering I noticed if someone dies you must choose a random target any chance we can have a choice of targets or to cancel and chose another move one of my party members died and it waisted my healing items because the fight was allmost over

2017-12-30 13:22:05

I have another question that I just thought of. It didn't seem to be in the manual, hence why I'm asking here, but is it possible to actually delete saves?

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2017-12-30 14:11:54

the save files are at Data for RPG\save games , you could delete it from there I think

2017-12-30 14:17:53

Playing this game on windows 7, 64 bit with no errors at all, and i'm getting farther in the game than i expected lol. Enjoying the game so far though. I'll put the game on my windows 10 machine to see if random errors happen over there.

2017-12-30 14:26:07

Hello, when I enter my right Email and password to unlock the game, it keeps saying that this account has no permition to play A heroes call. I bought the game. What's the problem?
Thanks.

Feel free to follow me on Twitter @thecoolgamer4 and subscribe to my Youtube channel

2017-12-30 14:38:21

Here's that speech log date from before. Once again, this contains minor spoilers.
Choose a skill for Cameron
Attack
Warrior's Strike
You don't have enough stamina.
Attack
Use Attack on who?
Hydra, slightly wounded
Could not find an event with the name attack blunt
An error occurred in the sound system
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Ian.CombatEvent.Create(CombatSounds cs, FModSoundContext sc, Boolean playTTS, Boolean wait) in C:\Data\Recent\Games\Sound\CombatEvent.cs:line 44
   at Ian.FModSoundContext.<>c__DisplayClass2f.<RunCombatSounds>b__2e() in C:\Data\Recent\Games\Sound\FModSoundContext.cs:line 502
   at Ian.Perf.TimeIt(PerfInfo pi, SystemPerfInfo spi, Action command) in C:\Data\Recent\Games\Core\Perf2.cs:line 81
   at Ian.FModSoundContext.<StartThread>b__4() in C:\Data\Recent\Games\Sound\FModSoundContext.cs:line 107
Battle log

Official server host for vgstorm.com and developer of the Manamon 2 netplay server.
PSA: sending unsolicited PMs or emails to people you don't know asking them to buy you stuff is disrespectful. You'll just be ignored, so don't waste your time.

2017-12-30 15:02:39

Sorry to be a bit vague about this, but I can't remember where exactly it appeared. There's a very small typo in the dialog of the mayor the first time you ever speak to him. I know the error was just "then" instead of "than", so nothing major, especially since there's voiced text, but I hope it gets fixed anyway.

Go, balloons. I don't see anything happening. Go, balloons. Go, balloons. Go, balloons. Stand by, confetti. Keep coming, balloons. More balloons. Bring them. Balloons, balloons, balloons! More balloons. Tons of them. Bring them down. Let them all come. No confetti. No confetti yet. No confetti. All right. Go, balloons.

2017-12-30 15:12:24

The game is pretty great. The navigation system is a bit tricky, but I'll do my best to master it. Btw, I didn't like the fact that you could skip attack effects or during combat events. Since you might sometimes do that by accident, and that in my opinion breaks the battle's emersion even if you read the log or listened to the replay. It's not a very important thing to care about, though.

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2017-12-30 15:20:46

if anyone finds the horse any hints would be great I can't seem to find it anywhere

2017-12-30 15:25:20

Here's another silly little error message. Once again, spoilers ahoy!
Can you spare some gold, traveler? I'm so hungry...
Sure, here's 20 gold
Could not find an event with the name drop coins 01
This happens if you try to give him gold for a second time, after getting the "time in a bottle" quest.