2018-01-10 12:49:35 (edited by Orko 2018-01-10 15:40:43)

Thanks for the version 1.2 update! I haven't had time yet to start playing this game, too many other things more important than game playing to do, but it's nice to see that issues are being addressed as they are brought to light. Too many times have I seen a game get released with problems that never get fixed.

2018-01-10 14:12:18

Okay, I just beat the main quest. I feel pretty exhausted, but also good that I was able to beat a pretty hard audio game.

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2018-01-10 17:01:50

@896 I only found the watch captains journal so there was no poem in there.. huh il keep ooking thanks.

2018-01-10 17:21:55

I found it thanks. turns out i had it all along lol..

2018-01-10 19:01:25

LOL. Some of these quests can be rather confusing, their hints rather cryptic.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2018-01-10 19:21:39

so another problem has arisen that isn't quest related or bug related. I started playing a ranger for shits and giggles while i take a break from my battle mage. the problem is when fighting the spirit from the amulet quest  he does no damage at all. is there a way to have him do some damage to ghosts / spirits? i assume this is the same for a warrior as well.  also suggestions for good stats for a ranger?

2018-01-10 19:49:18

Hello all,
I seem to have a problem when running the game. It probably has to do with my graphic card or something simmilar... The error message is as follows:
---------------------------

An error has occurred.  Please notify the game creator of this error.  You can copy the entire error to your clipboard by pressing control + C.  Then you can paste it into an email by pressing control + V and send the email to [email protected].
System.PlatformNotSupportedException: MonoGame requires either ARB_framebuffer_object or EXT_framebuffer_object.Try updating your graphics drivers.

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsDevice.PlatformInitialize()

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsDevice.Initialize()

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsDevice..ctor(GraphicsAdapter adapter, GraphicsProfile graphicsProfile, PresentationParameters presentationParameters)

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GraphicsDeviceManager.Initialize()

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GraphicsDeviceManager.CreateDevice()

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GamePlatform.BeforeInitialize()

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DoInitialize()

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run(GameRunBehavior runBehavior)

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run()

at Ian.MGGameWindow.Ian.IGameWindow.Run()

at Ian.RPGStartup.RunMainLogic() in C:\Data\Recent\Games\RPG\RPGStartup.cs:line 114

at Ian.RPGStartup.PerformStandardStartup() in C:\Data\Recent\Games\RPG\RPGStartup.cs:line 21

Is there a way to fix this on my own? I already tried updating my graphic card driver, but apparently this didn't fix the issue.

Any help is welcome here!

Thanks

Feel free to check my blog at
http://www.patrickdembinski.org
Aut enim do tibi, ut des, aut do, ut facias, aut facio, ut des, aut facio, ut facias.

2018-01-10 19:55:57

I'm still getting the same error to no avail.
hear is What i've tryed doing.
I uninstalled the net framework 4 extended and leaving the client profile itself.
I do not know if this game works only on windows 10 or the system requirements were not mentioned.
can joseph list the system requirements to make sure the game works on windows 7 64bit?
I wish this game would not require the net framework 4 to be installed inorder for the game to work properly.
did joseph not fix the error I'm having?
because the game was patched.

2018-01-10 22:07:59

Guys, let me tell you again. If you're getting bugs or errors, please don't post them here. Email them to [email protected] so that the devs can see and address them directly.

Mathias is rubbish against ghosts/spectres/shades/whatever else that isn't corporeal, though I did notice that Gwen got Flaming Arrow once I taught her Ranged Attack for fun. My recommendation is to bring Gwen and Alexia to that fight.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2018-01-10 22:30:54

Hi all,
I hope I don't get shot for this as people might think it's maybe too early, but I'm taking what you might call a slight risk. What if I was to tell you that I'm considering contacting a few people with info? Am starting with Polygon but may try the person behind KillScreen as well.
I seriously think this game deserves it.

2018-01-11 00:14:00

I did what the email said anpatched my game to the latest version. There were one or two issues that I found but overall I find it a lot smoother. I just wish folks like Jonathan and Victoria weren't so darn fickle about when they showed. That's really my one big annoyance with the game, that you can't be sure if someone's going to show up.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2018-01-11 00:22:20

wlell. I'm such an idiot. I had two games going cause it's what i do. and i accidentally saved the newer game in my older game file and lost my lvl 20 battle mage. that being said anyone have good stats for battlemage?

2018-01-11 02:19:32

I've noticed after getting back to play again. The new updated version occasionally freezes after a while of gameplay, more often in battle. Has anyone encountered this too?

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2018-01-11 02:41:10

I've not noticed that but i have hadthe problem of trying  to retreat from enemies and after several tries and failing the game freezes I need to send that in but i'm making a list  first.

2018-01-11 02:46:29

I had the game freeze when entering Adrianus Mausoleum and later trying to enter the catacombs from that mausoleum. I should start emailing to the support address as well.

2018-01-11 02:57:40

anyhinton where to find the blacksmith aprentice?

2018-01-11 03:31:06

so, my laptop died and I am on a low spec machine until I can get a new one. The game plays fine on this low spec laptop, actually, blowing my expectations out of the water. No lag, no stuttering, no crashing, nothing of that sort.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-01-11 04:06:17

hey ironcross32 what version of microsoft framework are you using?
I'm asking because I'm getting this error again and again and again.
joseph did Email me today but I did reply and so I'll just have to wait and see what he says.
about my situation.
I'm using net framework 4.0 and I think it's not letting me proceed to do the tutorial and go to the tavern as suggested by the city guard so that I can talk to lord adrianus.

2018-01-11 04:59:09

Yaye, all these skills I didn't get to see before, and now I get to use them!

Especially the ranger is allot more useful because of it.
Precise shot is awesome, especially against dragons, and crossbows just make it even better.
volley is also amazing...

Switch weapons is extremely useful, and so is the fact that now everyone can use a bow if needed, with varying success of course, but still...
Gwen's elemental strikes are awesome too.

2018-01-11 05:01:49

can somone give me a hint on where to find that snooty Victoria and her husband the blacksmith apprentice?

2018-01-11 06:57:00

well, I got the error fixed by installing net framework version 4.5.

2018-01-11 07:21:19

Sspoilers
I made it inside the hart of deepwood I've read the journal and pulled the levers but i'm unsure what to do now. any hints or a nudge in the right direction? Thanks

2018-01-11 12:35:04

I am so happy Gwen gets more weapon moves.  I can finally make her into a tank .  My main is exclusively magical, so it’s great to have all these options .  I’m not sure why, but she is my least favourite character personality wise out of of the group,  so I’ve been neglecting using her up till now .

2018-01-11 12:35:09

slight
spoilers
How many levers have you pulled? The journal only shows you two. There's a third. Keep looking. There's one lever per ring, with a total of three (nothing in the fourth ring but the core).

As far as where the apprentice went. Check around the northeast part of town.

Also, personally, I found Victoria's note in a very unlikely place - in the church library I think - but for me, that was when the quest opened up.

Someone said they just finished a pretty hard audio game. Heh. Say that once you've done hard mode. It's just as advertised on the tin. I've been wiped out more times than I can count. Juvenile wyverns, juvenile stone dragons, elder treekin. They can all one-shot party members, even those wearing good gear, and some of them have attacks that hit the whole party for big damage. This is sort of what I was hoping for.

I will probably do a hard playthrough at some point with a fresh character. One of the reasons I switched here is that I want to finish the game at a high level and see what sort of epic gear I can find, since gear seems to be scaling with level as well.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2018-01-11 12:40:28

I really like how both gear and enemies scale;  it’s great to always have a reason to look around and see what comes up .