2018-10-18 23:33:04

I'm preloading.  the release is taunting me with less than an hour, so looks like I timed it well.  was going to wait until tomorrow, but...

2018-10-18 23:37:16

Ah hell with it, guess I'll preload as well.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2018-10-19 00:55:34

so first two minute impressions.  the narration is fantastic, and I dipped into character creation, not expecting much.  OCR works wonderfully though so far, so I think we'll have the ability to have quite a bit of fun with this mode.  every option so far appears to have a description too, which is nice.

2018-10-19 01:11:18

I’m heading to bed so will get stuck in tomorrow, but have so far been able to pretty much give my character the look I wanted.  I’m just amazed this is even possible, I thought it would all be too visual.

2018-10-19 03:48:29

Well, glad it works on pc anyhow. Pity ps4 doesn't have that ability.. good thing I don't generally play with character creation much.

Discord: clemchowder633

2018-10-19 08:17:13

Anyone with the pc version have OCR menus and would be willing to share? Thanks.. I'm sure they would at least prove a help for ps4 / xb1 users, especially on first startup.

2018-10-19 08:26:07

I can do that,  Will post a bit later on when I next play. smile

2018-10-19 08:50:40

Please and thank you! Hopefully before my copy shows up tomorrow... lol

2018-10-19 12:35:32

So I barely turned it on, so I don't really have menues, but I can tell you a tiny bit of information that might throw you off at first start up. You first have to accept the terms of service before you can go to the main menu. Just scroll all the way to the right, hit down once and you'll be on decline, then hit right again to accept. You'll have to do that once more for the privacy policy. I found that a bit odd since I've never seen that in a fighter before and it threw me off for a second.

2018-10-19 14:22:31

just a heads up to say the menus will be coming soon.  getting ready to really dig in.

2018-10-19 14:27:13

alright.  main menu after the first narration is as follows:

MISSION: Libra of soul
STORY: soul Chronicle
CREATION
BATTLE
NETWORK
MUSEUM
OPTIONS
STORE
EXIT

battle menu: 
ARCADE
VERSUS,
TRAINING

options menu:

OPTIONS
ng
Battle Camera Settings
Sound Setings
IP Controller Settings
2P Controller Settings
Player 1 Keyboard Settings
Player 2 Keyboard Settings
Stage Music Settings
Graphics Settings
Network Settings
Display Copyright Info

sound settings:
Sound Settings
Music Volume
SFX Volume
Character Voice Volume
Narration Voiceover Volume
Switch Languages
Reset Settings

I'll add other menus soon, just let me know what.
realise you might already know, but char selection is narrated still. smile  also there are now 100 created char slots instead of 50.  think you can get chars from others online as well.

2018-10-19 14:47:26

Hi,
Just a heads up about arcade mode, I don't know the options here but that mode does not have a narrated character screen, nor does it have the character music.
Also, for those ordering the collector's edition in the uk or europe, your digital soundtrack contains 26 tracks, track 20 onwards being from sc6, so it's a bit disappointing. I also do not know as of yet whether the silver collector edition has any more or less tracks.

2018-10-19 15:08:23

there is stereo, but it's not incredibly defined.  still good though.  the sounds are fantastic, and I love the fading in and out transitions between menus

2018-10-19 15:26:58

Soul Chronicle is a mode that fits sc's story well. Cheasey yep, par for the course to be honest, but I like the amount of content on offer in here. Will take a while to complete methinks.

2018-10-19 15:47:03

Hmm, character names aren't read in arcade mode it seems. They are in versus though apparently. Very strange.

2018-10-19 16:22:03

that is a bit odd.  ssome options such as in libra of souls are locked at first, hence they won't read.  I thought I'd hit a real snag but it was alright.

2018-10-19 20:58:30

Cool thanks for the menus! Wonder which ones are different from pc and console... likely no exit option and a couple of other things. Wish we could play libra of souls. We being console owners. lol

2018-10-19 21:05:36

well I'm not sure if pc owners can fully play it yet, but it looks promising.  the arcade chcar select screen has characters in rows of five, by the way.  will write it down when I can, haven't unlocked the extra char yet.

2018-10-20 09:37:06

The game is totally amazing. The load times however? Yeah. Not so much.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2018-10-20 11:48:38

I can honestly see myself getting lost in this game. In a good way. So much lore, doable creation, interesting characters... already recommend this, especially if you can OCR. If not, the gameplay is super fun. I wanna give Asteroth a go, love grapplers!

2018-10-20 13:30:41

hi.
I am planning to buy this game for the pc since I've always wanted to play this kind of game and from the posts I read I guess you can use nvda's ocr feature to work through the menus and other written text. Can someone give me more information about the game play itself? how accessible is it and what are the keys used in the game? I want to make sure that I can play this thing before I spend money on it.

“Get busy living or get busy dying.”
Stephen King

2018-10-20 16:11:21 (edited by assault_freak 2018-10-20 16:22:37)

Unfortunately load times have always been a problem for Namko... even Tekken 7 had amazin, that is amazingly bad, load times. lol And I'm curious to see how libra of souls pans out for most people. I may have to get another copy on PC as well, but need to upgrade components to be able to handle running games past 2012. And because there's no crosplay, I want to be able to play against PC players as well. I just wish voiceacting in Libra of Souls was a thing..

2018-10-20 19:09:35

oh yeh, the game is released. too bad, it's overpriced! fucking hell! 60 dollars? man i can't get this game ever, cpy save us!

2018-10-21 02:33:41 (edited by assault_freak 2018-10-21 02:51:31)

Does anyone have menus for Soul Chrnicle or how the story paths are laid out? I'm a little confused. lol Where are the separate character stories as opposed to the main one? Anyone know?

Also, Mitsurugi's reversal edge is way too easy to do by accident. lol

2018-10-21 03:05:04

I think you have to go down in soul chronicle to go to the individual storyline.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!