2018-09-28 18:56:29

Hi,
I've played my first few matches.
I think it asks you about data creation first so you just press x on ps4 or a on xbox one, and then it asks about autosave. Next, it's two agreements, user agreement and privacy policy, which you scroll all the way down until it stops and then tap right arrow and then press the confirm button to agree.
I think it then just brings up another dialogue with ok, or it migthe put you straight into the main menu.
If you go to options, it fades out slightly, but if you want to go straight into a match find the only other unlocked option, network, and tap it, it makes a small noise. Then it will say to go into ranked, so tap it again, and it makes a bigger noise and fades out and then puts you in ranked. IT then pops up telling you what ranked mode is, but only does this the first time. You tap a once to dismiss one of these, then the second one, you press b or circle to close. Then, you should be in the ranked menu. I have not figured everything out here, but the first option is search for match, and the second option is change character. Change character is not voiced unfortunately, but you pick your character and then their colour, and it puts you back onto change character. you then go back up to search, I believe. When you tap search, it initiates the search, and however long it takes, when it finds an opponent, you will be straight into your first match.

2018-09-28 19:52:58

Hmm. Either trafic is low, or I'm having issues clicking the correct options... haven't found a single match yet! Thanks for the tips though.

Discord: clemchowder633

2018-09-29 00:10:17 (edited by assault_freak 2018-09-29 00:10:35)

Once I press search, do I let it sit there and wait? I notice that after awhile, I can press x again and get out of that back into the search menu. I don't know if the search caries on, or if I have to initiate a search every time it fails to find a match. And is there no way to create your own ranked lobby for others to find you?

2018-09-29 00:29:38

Hi,
You just have to let it wait to get a match, don't back out of the option. Most of the time I got matches rather quickly. I am also wondering if you might have to pick what character you want first, and for that I'd recommend sighted help I odn't know if OCR will work because it's not an up and down menu it's up, down left and right. Once you pick a character though, it sticks, even through relaunching the game. I suppose trial and error could work.

2018-09-29 20:42:27

Well, two matches in and I can say SC VI is the flashiest of the series! Lots of super slow mo seeming attacks, especially when you hold down buttons, but since I haven't had any way to practice on a static target I haven't figured out what everything is. But I love it! Mitsurugi is also just as badass... and his critical edge is wicked!

2018-09-30 15:06:46

Well I've just started preparing for this game by playing soulcalibur 2 and 3.  Haven't played either in years, so I'm currently terrible.  Love how weaponmaster is doable with OCR, and the music in both, especially three is beautiful.

2018-09-30 16:44:43

SC 2 is my favourite game in the series of all time. And while I didn't like 3 very much, the gameplay just wasn't really to my taste, but the soundtrack to three is probably my favourite.

2018-09-30 18:42:10

I can also confirm that the gamecube version of 2 at least, gives a clearer OCR than 3 does.  I was also surprised by the slight use of stereo.  Now trying to find an actual movelist that has everyone in one.  it's annoyingly tricky.  the one I found for 3 and two, cuts off, or isn't complete.

2018-09-30 19:09:12

Hi,
SoulCalibur 2 and 3 soundtracks are probably always going to be on my phone, and depending on how it stacks up, 6 may join them. 4 and 5 will not, even though I have them on the pc to listen to.

2018-09-30 22:57:05

3, 2, 5, and so far what I like of 6 are the order in which I would rate soundtracks at the moment.

2018-10-01 11:02:32 (edited by pulseman45 2018-10-01 11:06:47)

Hello everyone,
This may appear as a silly question, but how do you use OCR for playing SoulCalibur 2 and 3? Are you using an emulator with Windows 10 OCR or are you scanning the screen with your phone?
When I tried to use the Windows 10 OCR I didn't know how to really make it work anyway, but still I'm rather interested in this.
As for which character I will be playing, I'm not too sure, though Cervantes and Taki are favourites of mine.

2018-10-17 16:20:32

Two days away, and there has been leaked footage of a lot of things from the game, including the first 20 minutes of those of the story mode! I'm not going to post the links here, but I wil say that they are very easy to find for those who want to find it. Enjoy... or hold off until the game is released. I skimed through it so as not to spoil things for myself, and this is exactly what I always imagined SoulCalibur needed. Could've done with a bit more variation in the gameplay, the best still goes to tekken 7 imo. But that was just an early segment of it... so there may be some of that coming!

2018-10-17 20:33:41

I usually end up spoiling myself on this stuff, but I think I'm going to hold off until release when I actually play it for myself. I can't wait.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2018-10-17 21:01:53

Take my word for it. It's good. lol

2018-10-18 00:44:35

Oh I've seen a bit of story already, but I'm definitely not watching anymore. I've seen enough to know I'll like it.

2018-10-18 01:50:09

Well, I'm hoping there will be a bit more variation, similar to what we found in teken 7. The story itself wasn't great in that game, but damn those special battles were amazing. That was the first fighting game story mode where the boss fight actually felt like a boss fight, not just an overpowered character.

2018-10-18 14:34:46

I'm so hyped for this.  Haven't seen any spoilers, but I have found out that the created char story doesn't have voice acting, so OCR will be needed.  Should be alright though, if shadow lords is doable, this should be.  Especially as KI has that weird irregular font.  I'm a bit disappointed there doesn't seem to be a tutorial though.  would really like one to learn all the mechanics in-game. 
Sorry for the ramble, I'm just very excited for this.

2018-10-18 14:40:46

I just tried shadow lords a few days ago, and I really didn't have any luck with it. Looking forward to this game a lot though, yeah the libra of souls looks neat.

2018-10-18 15:55:43

what issues are you having?  the only info I don't get is what loot I get out of chests, but equipping/crafting items, buying packs and the like are all accessible. 
as a heads up, when picking a char for a mission, I believe the order is the same as when you picked them to start out with.  when healing, your captain is in the middle, with char one and two left and right respectively.
I haven't completed it yet, but that's not because it's unreadable, but purely because I suck. tongue

2018-10-18 17:18:48

Yeah, everything just looks like ajumbled mess to me. I just don't get any of it.

2018-10-18 18:37:54

That’s strange, could it be your graphic settings or something? I will have another go tonight and see if I can be of any more help, haven’t played for a few weeks

2018-10-18 19:00:58

I know this is off the topic of soul caliber, but I wanted to play shadow lords as well. if you have any tips to get the ocr to read better, I would appreciate it. and what problems are you having as far as jago's move set. I might be able to help you out

2018-10-18 19:10:51

Yeah, I'm using the xbox so not sure what there could really be to change.

2018-10-18 23:14:58

I'm on pc, wonder if that makes a differencec?
well, the time is nearly upon us.  found out my money for the month just came in, so I'm getting this.  smile

2018-10-18 23:29:19

I'm waiting with baited breath for that amazon shipping email! I preordered a month ago and have been waiting ever since. I wish Anazon broke street date like some other smaller shops do... dang it.