2008-08-10 06:25:10 (edited by musicalman 2008-08-10 06:29:38)

Hi,
First I don't know if this is in the right place, so please move it if it isn't.
I don't know how many people have played and liked Sonic Invaders, or who still play Sonic Invaders, but I really like it. Okay, here's the problem. I normally press the escape key to exit the game, sometimes it takes just as long as it took to start to exit. Anyway, when I reload Jaws, I am suddenly not able to read comboboxes or listboxes, and I'm also not able to read documents or anything like that. It's as if a picture is on the screen blocking my cursor or something. The only way to get rid of it is to restart the computer. Any way to fix this?
Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Make more of less, that way you won't make less of more!
If you like what you're reading, please give a thumbs-up.

2008-08-10 12:20:31

Moved, this is about audio games so it goes in the "general game discussion". Off topic is for any random stuff - music, films, computers, life, etc.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2008-08-10 20:23:36

hello, the problem is that the jaws video intercept has some sort of bug that when you run anything in fullscreen, it screws it up and you have to reboot. I don't know how to fix it. you might have to contact freedom scientific about that.

2008-08-10 20:41:57

what version of jaws do you have?

“Get busy living or get busy dying.”
Stephen King

2008-08-10 20:46:49

Actually I've noticed something like that when I've changed resolution, this might be the main issue here. It might be more of a technical hurdle than a plain old bug depending on what exactly is causing this.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2008-08-10 23:33:00

CX2, thanks for taking care of that.
Hacker, what do you mean by fullscreened? If you mean maximized, I don't get it. I have run many applications maximized and haven't had any problems unless something popped up.
I am using Jaws 8.0, but do not know the version of video intercept.
I will contact FS about it right after I send this.
Thanks for the help!

2008-08-10 23:48:14

Sorry for the doublepost, but if you exit Sonic Invaders by pressing alt f4 instead of escape, I think, just maybe, it fixes the problem. At least it's working now.

2008-08-13 14:45:15

hello, when I say fullscreen, I mean a window that takes up every picsul, doesn't show the task bar and overrides the screen resolution. I've noticed that with a lot of games particularly access invaders from UA games.

2008-08-13 15:11:35

"full screen" mode is what a lot of mainstream games have always fdone for various reasons, the program effectively takes control of the whole screen thus hiding the Windows interface. However it only seems to be an issue when the program in question also changes resolution, full screen in itself doesn't seem to be a problem - try Windows Media Player in full screen mode if you don't believe me (shortcut alt plus enter).

cx2
-----