2017-11-11 00:40:54

Online doesn't work very well. It is partially implemented, but for as much as it works, it may as well not be.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2017-11-11 01:13:09

I still want to know how do you implement those combos and arrow combination mechanics like Mortal Kombat. But anyway, awesome work man!

2017-11-11 01:13:29

Wouldn't it be more simple to just write a tutorial indicating the normal keyboard keys? I mean the commands for a keyboard user are difficult to
figure out.

2017-11-11 01:22:10

Having trouble with the last part of the tutorial 2. Can someone make a recording of all the tutorials actually? In any case, I get up to the bar at 73 1 and can't figure out how to stay airborne. Sometimes I don't have to hit A to grab onto the bar, but I started the stage over and notice that I can't replicate what I did the last time. I jump up and going over the river but not sure where to stop since the river doesn't count as an object, nor should it really.
Can this game work with my PS4 controller?
Also, when I was trying to jump over those bars that are next to each other, I heard the beep that indicates I guess where I need to land, but I fell in the river and it went back to the save point near the river.

Any help would be appreciated. Guess it's pretty easy as most others don't seem to be struggling with this.

2017-11-11 01:38:45

@caio, thats the purpose of setting up the propper key definitions according to your needs. Just interpret the keys matching your setup.

2017-11-11 01:44:17 (edited by Orin 2017-11-11 02:00:55)

What is the default setup? I just now found out that period is B, slash is C.

Edit: Okay, got through tutorial 2. Yay! Didn't know I was supposed to hold F to keep grabbing onto the bar.

2017-11-11 02:19:49

F, or comma.

2017-11-11 02:34:12

I've only tried the game for a few minutes, but it seems to output strings into clipboard when I set the voice option to screen reader, even though NVDA is running. Is it made so or do you think the Japanese screen reader I'm running with NVDA is doing something nasty?

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2017-11-11 02:40:22

No, clipboard and status bar seem to be how the game outputs.
I managed to get to episode 1, but I am still confused. The trouble is I am not entirely sure who all of these characters are, it just thrusts you into the story it seems.

2017-11-11 03:51:25 (edited by brad 2017-11-11 03:52:49)

Hello.

Spoiler.

I've managed to kick and brake the crates. getting the stuff... inside them.

Now I'm on tutorial two.

I understand I'm meant to jump onto the platform. I do that, go right, jump over the small river thing, then can't jump over the bigger one.

I've tried pressing right arrow twice fast and up arrow at the same time.

I keep dying.

I'm not sure if this is a bug but I can jump and double jump? I'm not sure what that woosh sound is when you press the up arrow twice. Then I can keep pressing right arrow and the sound pans to the right and then seams to go on for a long time and if I let it go, the character falls into the lake river thing.

Could someone help me?

I like figuring things out on my own but I'm really stuck.

End spoiler.

I'm gone for real :)

2017-11-11 04:14:19

Hi all, I can't seem to jump up and grab the bars in tutorial 2. I keep pressing the up arrow and f, I even hold down the f key, but, no luck. What am I doing wrong here? I do like the game so far.

2017-11-11 04:39:26

First, the timing is way too strict when trying to run with most of the characters I've tried, that's both with the keyboard and joystick, I shouldn't be focused on that, as if I play something like MKX or Injustice, its intuitive, and just works. The issue with the controllers I think is not their sensitivity, but their null/deadzone, which, I don't know if that can be changed or not, I know mainstream games give you options to change that. A deadzone is just what percent of the control action does nothing, so you breathe and it moves, or, you actually have to press it a bit.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2017-11-11 04:46:46

Hello.

@CAE_Jones. I've been playing the game for about an hour now. I really think there should be more tutorial messages.

For example, if I'm in the combat tutorial, as far as I know, there is no way to know that I am going to start by ducking and this will help my character block,, after that, I have no idea what I need to do.

This seams like a good game but I'm sorry to say I think it was quite rushed when it comes to tutorials.

It's fun figuring things out but when you have no idea that you're meant to kick and punch the crates in tutorial one, instead of for example, ducking to pick them up, it can get a bit frustrating.

For example, you're at this place with crates in it, your mum has left you there, for some reason, why are you going around smashing the crates? The player has no idea he or she has to smash the crates. Do you see what I'm saying?

2017-11-11 05:04:14

Ok, I somehow got passed tutorial 2 and am now on tutorial 4. but, I can't figure out the guards thing I keep getting killed. I can't seem to grab them fast enough, and they keep going to fast.

2017-11-11 07:19:08

I don't know how you're meant to do the thing in tutorial 2 where you jump that second waterfall, I only got across by somehow glitching my character out after the 8th or so attempt.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2017-11-11 07:44:28

Another thing I wanted to note. I'm not sure it's a bug or not, but, sometimes when you walk or do something, your character's audio including foot steps, and what eve you may be doing at the time such as jumping, or punching or kicking, moves off in the direction your were walking in, so, if you were walking left, after a bit of things sounds normal as in the player sounds being in the center of the stereo field, it starts moving to the left, and the same for walking right. Again, I'm not sure it's a bug, or the design of the game.

2017-11-11 08:43:08

Hello.

I think that there should be a completed text thing next to eatch level, so that you know that you've completed part 1 of the tutorial for example.

2017-11-11 10:34:07

This game is fantastic, i love it smile I'm waiting for the working online mode.

Hail, Daughter of Hatred. Creator of Sanctuary. Hail...Lilith.

2017-11-11 11:55:07

@nyanchan: It shouldn't be outputting to the clipboard unless it's set to clipboard in voice options. There might be some debug messages that wind up on the clipboard, but if everything is getting copied to the clipboard when it's set to screen reader, that's unexpected.
@brad: I'm confused by what you mean with the tutorial messages. It does tell you specifically to kick the crates and to duck attacks. Are you maybe pressing the information button when the instructions are up? That would skip everything that's left. Otherwise, I'm lost. sad
@Ironcross: I am still very confused by the problem with running. Can you maybe make a recording or something?
re: completion tags, I never really thought of that. I think it wouldn't matter much after the tutorials, but you do have a point that having to complete 6 without any indication as to which is completed would benefit from that information. Maybe a different sound when you move to an incomplete level? hmm
@sean-terry: I admit that the end of tutorial 4 is tough. I'm not actually sure why I put in so many guards there... should I reduce their numbers, or maybe add an intermediate step with one or two, before throwing you to the mob?
Re: bars, that's the bit I've been most worried about since I made it, lol. I can think of one thing which might be making it harder than it needs to be. For now, you can get around that by playing tutorial 5 first. (They're in that order for a reason, though. hmm I kinda want to swap 3 and 4, but you really need 3 first. Hmm.)
@Aaron: I tried to give a little bit of introduction to most of the characters in the tutorial and the scene at the beginning, but I can see how it might not be enough. Spectro is really under-introduced, ability-wise and character-wise. Maybe I should reveal one of the secret levels you already have access to? hmm

OK, I think I need to explain the camera. I have considered, from the beginning, having the audio centered on the player(s) at all times, but this really isn't doable without lots and lots of remodeling. The camera is used for 3 things, and I tried to leave open the possibility for graphics in the future, so that's a fourth constraint. Audio, Braille, internal logic such as AI and advancing through levels, and the hypothetical graphics that will probably never happen. When you add just one more medium, you need to either have separate cameras for everything, or sync all of them. Since every game object needs to know where the camera is, this makes splitting them even more convoluted. At this point, adding an extra camera to separate audio from everything else would be a huge mess, because online already needs to be deterministic, and that means more camera shenanigans. It's not impossible, but it would be hard to do without breaking things.
And that is why your character gets off center at the edges of levels. If everyone hates this just that much, (even though this is how fighting games do it), I'll see what I can do. I'd encourage you to consider that being able to hear the edge of the level at the same time as a sighted player would as potentially useful information, but if it doesn't work, then it doesn't work.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2017-11-11 13:00:44 (edited by brad 2017-11-11 13:02:11)

Hello.

@CAE_Jones

I'll walk you through what I do.

Keep in mind, I've not configured any keys and have the setup that the game comes with.

I set the voice to screen reader.

Go to load game.

Then into tutorial one, for example.

I select the character.

here is what I here. keep in mind, pressing the up arrow or down arrow to read the line again isn't working. Perhaps I'm using the wrong keys?

You wanted to go practice guitar with your friends, but you're stuck here at this psychiatric hospital's loading dock, waiting for your mother to clear the supplies she just dropped off with the hospital's staff.

I then press l, as that seems to go to the next message.

I hear all the crates and that's it.
No message about having to kick them.

Am I doing something wrong?

I'll try configuring the keys and see if that helps.

2017-11-11 13:21:15

Ah, yeah, I think l is the problem. Try comma, fullstop, or (forward) slash. For scenes like this, the information keys (like how l is the default for p1's object viewer) function like A in Bokurano Daibouken, clearing all the text.

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2017-11-11 13:33:28

hey Cae.
I might be able to assist in purchasing sound effects and things because last I checked I had unlimited subscriptions to a sound effect website which gave me infinite downloads.

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

2017-11-11 14:28:09

Hi Cae.

I've decided to delete the game. It's a bit too complicated for me.

When A heros' call comes out, if I keep dying, at least I won't have to try moves like forward forward b,, or b b down b b right c. I'm kind of surprised people can pull  them off.

2017-11-11 14:35:01

Yea I really like the concept, like most of Caes concepts, but in terms of pulling off it's not really smooth. I think this is a partial thing with bad sounds that don't really represent fairly and part overwhelming content.

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

2017-11-11 14:36:34

I'll assume fighting games aren't your thing in general, then. smile
@lord_lundin: the sounds are being worked on, but thanks for the offer.

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.