2017-11-05 10:07:33

It's here.

Oh no! Somebody released the h key! Everybody run and hide!

2017-11-05 10:16:20

Would someone please tell me if this is just a me issue? But the game.exe file is just automatically being deleted all of a sudden, after I played for about an hour last night. I do not know what it is.

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.

2017-11-05 10:46:32

Sounds like your antivirus software is playing a trick on you...

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-11-05 10:49:39

hi,
According to malware bytes premium, no threats were found when I scanned the entire game's directory which includes game.exe.
No threats were found when I scanned my hard drive. Are you by chance using windows defender? I've heard that tends to give a lot of false positives.
It might also be the way bgt compiles, for which I can do nothing about. Antivirus usually detect a bgt game as a virus.
Hope this helps.

2017-11-05 10:49:40

@77
Owe it's windows defender, you know as you enjoy flipping objects so he's job is to flip viruses, but he's so bad at it, so he flips what ever he wants so. You have to just flip him. hahahahaha.

If life gives you communism, become a communist dictator.

2017-11-05 11:35:22

Oh nos get away from me nononono please don't flip me aaaaaaaaaaa no please don't throw that debris in my ow! No, I've been flipped!

2017-11-05 17:28:17

77, refer to the topic in the articals room on how to add files and folders to the ignore list in Windows defender. I did this for bot this game and HVR. It works perfectly now for both.

2017-11-05 17:28:23

I'm glad that so many people have taken interest in my repo! Wish I could get it to list alphabetically though, but still thanks! Has anybody looked at the footer? Lol.

----------
An anomaly in the matrix. An error in existence. A being who cannot get inside the goddamn box! A.K.A. Me.

2017-11-05 17:36:52

I've just downloaded all objects in the repo.

2017-11-05 18:53:15

Ow. That flip3 sound for the Slender object sounds painful. What is that? It sounds like some sort of electrical noise.

2017-11-05 19:49:51

My question is this though: How can I add that game to my exceptions list if it gets deleted as soon as I unzip the game?

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.

2017-11-06 01:03:46

You apparently flip him into his tv. I don't exactly know where the sound comes from.

2017-11-06 01:27:28

Slender, I suggest you put the link to the repository from post 68 in the first post.
That way people don't have to look for it.
:-)

2017-11-06 05:03:54

I've added three objects to the repo found here. Kid, beatmachine, and weirdo. None of them are particularly good, just time wasters me putting them together.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2017-11-06 07:18:26

@ post 86, If you have previously unzipped the folder, and the unzipped folder is in your downloads folder, just add a folder in the exceptions list in windows defender. browse to your downloads folder and find the ttf folder there, don't enter it, just make sure it is selected and hit add. then go to home in WD just to make sure everything is done, then exit WD. then unzip the latest version of ttf.zip. It should be fine from then on. Hope this helps.

2017-11-06 10:55:53 (edited by Slender 2017-11-06 10:58:37)

@Defender, per your request, post 1 has been edited with a link to the TTF Objects repo. smile
Also.
While looking through old tweets, I managed to dig up two recordings of the game in its very early stages. These recordings, just about a year old, are extremely old versions of TTF, and one of them was even made before the game had a proper name. I also have an old version on another computer, but that computer is currently getting repaired and I do not have access to it. When I do get access to it, however, I will certainly upload the version. Until then, Enjoy these two recordings. You can download the first recording here, and the second one here. The second recording mostly focuses on the roflcopter.

2017-11-06 11:39:58

Oh god. Those versions. When tables went, table! table! table! And signs went, sign, sign, sign, sign. Lol. And you couldn't even add your own objects until recently.

2017-11-06 11:59:17

Oh yeah, and remember when it went silent for about a year before roaring to life?

2017-11-06 12:03:45

@Draq. That sound is a combination of several sounds, including a billboard break sound, a lamp smash, and a glass box break.

2017-11-06 21:47:04

Hey guys,
Small update: This just adds the ability to use loop.ogg instead of objectname.ogg when creating objects, as well as a few fixes here and there.
You can grab it from here.

2017-11-07 05:11:56

I will unfortunately have to take a few objects down. I am removing the eloquence object, as the sounds are badly recorded and the properties file is invalid. I'll probably leave weirdo but yeah. Let's try not to be sexual.

----------
An anomaly in the matrix. An error in existence. A being who cannot get inside the goddamn box! A.K.A. Me.

2017-11-07 20:03:02

Bad news. The server I was using, hosted by a friend of mine, just went down. Permanently. Due to this, my ftp and http portals are no longer available, and all the contents no longer exists. This means directly that the objs repo is out of commission unless phantom can host it. I have the php scripts still that I used, but I do not have the uploaded objs stored. If somebody downloaded all of them we can put it back, as long as phantom wants to host it.

----------

2017-11-07 20:26:40

The first post has been updated to reflect this.

2017-11-07 20:29:45

I don't understand, why can't the objects be hosted on the same server as the game? And why do you need php to host them, can't you just zip up each one in a zip file and post links to them like you do the game?

2017-11-07 21:31:22

I'll take this in one by one.
Firstly, yes, I'll be hosting this as soon as we get everything assembled.
Second, I never intended this game to last as long as it has. Now we have a hole freaking repo of objects. Not that I mind, I just now need to obtain all of them and upload it and the scripts.
Third, the reason to use php is because of the changing repo. Would you fancy having to give out the links if I hadn't enough time to post them publicly? Probably not. Php solves this by retrieving all the objects currently in the repository so I don't have to make links for every, single, one.
Again, as has been said, I will be hosting it, I just need to get everything together and then upload everything.