2017-11-20 00:01:26 (edited by Game Man 2017-11-20 00:04:18)

@r3dux Not sure if it's a SoniFight issue or something else but when I'm playing as Hoagie and trying to go to the house, I can't seem to find the door to go in and the mailbox. the only thing SoniFight reads is Inn and fields. I'm using a controller to play because it's easier and more accessible than moving the mouse on a touchpad. with the controller, I can snap to each object. If you can look into this, that would be great.
Thanks again.

Game Man

2017-11-20 01:25:15

Sorry if this is a bother, but I accidentally bought this on gog instead of steam. Anyway to make this work?

Silly Gohan, animals don't eat people. People eat animals.

2017-11-20 06:05:15 (edited by r3dux 2017-11-20 06:43:55)

@Game Man - I'll look into this now and get back to you. I didn't actually know you could use a controller and that it would snap to objects, that's pretty cool!

Okay, an update - when you start off with Hogie you'll be next to the chronojohns, and there's an Inn you can walk to. When you walk to the Inn, you'll have another item visible there which is a carriage (like an old horse and cart carriage). The problem is that when you walk to the carriage, the screen doesn't scroll enough to the left for the items on the left of the screen to become visible. Rather than snapping to the left (where there's nothing to snap to), just left-click somewhere towards the left of the screen and Hogie will walk there, which scrolls the screen and you'll find there's a mailbox with a mail flag and a door which can be used to enter the mansion.

@death - have you tried it to see if it already does works with the non-steam version? Because the watch values are very likely to be the same, but the memory layout might be a touch different it probably wouldn't be that much work for me to create a separate version for the non-steam DoTT. I'll see what I can do. This isn't something I plan on doing for all games though.

@ashleygrobley04 - I don't know if the MK9 config will work with a non-steam version because the steam version's the only one I have available. If anyone can confirm that it works or doesn't that would be appreciated.

2017-11-20 08:22:22

Hi all,

If any of you were experiencing issues with the SF4 config when your system isn't in English, I've uploaded a zip archive with two test versions of SoniFight which now force InvariantCulture string comparisons (these refine the previous test versions provided last week).

If you want to try them out then the zip is just two executables and can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ilovqz5woftz … s.zip?dl=0.

To use them, extract the archive, copy the exes into your main SoniFight bin\x86 folder and then run either version directly and try the SF4 config. In theory it should now work as well as for people running their OS in English (as long as SF4 is set to run in English from within Steam!) - but without your feedback I have no way to be sure.

Hopefully at least one of these versions will work to provide correct menu sonification for SF4 via the standard string-matching config.

2017-11-20 13:34:12

Yeah I get something about speach0 and then it stops speaking completely. Only reason I got it from gog was because it was about 9 dollars cheaper. wink If you can figure it out I'd appreciate it, but if you can't no worries.

2017-11-22 16:31:10

@SirBadger - if you can't give me a yay or nay on the refined versions I can't help any further.

@death - I may actually just say sorry, because while it was 9 dollars cheaper for you to get the GoG version (which is perfectly understandable), if the memory layout is different it would cost me the price of the game AND a few hours work to create a non-steam config. I'm hammered making a more adjustable / adaptable version of SoniFight atm, so I don't think I'll get it done before christmas.

The DoTT re-map might be a nice project for someone though, considering all the values are mapped in the original DoTT config, but the offsets are obviously slightly different.

2017-11-22 23:58:48

All good. I appreciate you looking into it. Will probably just grab the steam version.

2017-11-23 00:20:30

You can get steam games from other sites that are cheaper. I ended up paying about 6 dollars for DOTT from G2A.

Game Man

2017-11-23 01:04:56

Also a good point. I'll look into it. Thanks. smile

2017-11-25 00:58:58

I'm curious, would it be possible to make a Star Traders: Frontiers config for this thing? It's on early access on Steam.

2017-11-25 02:31:28 (edited by SirBadger 2017-11-25 02:37:17)

@r3dux haven't tried the latest thing posted but I thought I had posted about my tests with the things you put out last week. one was able to read chars for sf4 but still not the menus. but sill nothing with day of the tentacle. i'll give those new fixes a try but all of my games say they're in US English now and only one that works properly is mk9. I have wondered about video card conflicts etc but they shouldn't cause problems with memory addresses and if that was the case, wouldn't explain why mk9 works and the rest don't.
my machine is a custom built mongrel I guess but I can't see how there would be problems with is using the wrong addresses.
2gb ATI 5450 video card, 4ghz devil's cannion I7 processor, 32gb ram etc. all runs like a dream but for some reason, not these configs.

Who's that trip trapping over My bridge? Come find out.

2017-11-25 11:27:40

Hi, is it possible to make a Game of Thrones tell-tale config for the steam version? I don’t think that should be too difficult, as the game isn’t much of a game, more like an interactive movie with QuickTime events. Do you think this will be possible?

Hopefully, we'll get a fully accessible open world game someday.

2017-11-25 17:26:28

I gave up on fifa 18. I just don't have enough skills for it. I know other modders have managed to find out all the chains for players and stats and all, but I don't have  enough knowledge to find out how fifa does this.

Injustice 2 just has been released on steam. It's a beautiful game, I'm going to give a shot at it.

twitter: @hadirezae3
discord: Hadi

2017-11-25 19:40:55

@RTT - without having played it I can't say for sure sorry. I've played prevous tell-tale games like the Sam and Max series, but haven't tried to make configs for them. It's possible that multiple QTEs use the same addresses, but without digging into it I wouldn't know, sorry. Some TellTale games have "mini-games" which would have to be catered for separately from the standard "Get this" / "Use that" options. This would be a lot of work.

@hadi.gsf - Sorry, bro - it's hard going, especially when CheatEngine is difficult to manage. We should catch up online and work out FIFA 98 or something as proof of concept. Then the same techniques can be used for later games - unless they obfuscate internal values (at which point the only way to track them is by attaching a debugger to the process so you can follow the registers).

My best guess would be that Injustice 2 obfuscates internals very much.

2017-11-28 11:01:03

Someone tested it with DOTT steam version? there's huge discount so I am thinking to get it or not.

That will be cool if broken sword series could be playable or the broken age.

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2017-11-28 12:31:46

Also, I have a question: I don't know  day of the tentacle. In many adventure games like Broken sword there are mini games based on visual where you need to turn / flip things etc to run some kind of mechanics and so on. Is it the same about DOTT?

Twitter
Add me on Steam

2017-11-28 13:41:25

Okay, I can confirm the steam version is fully working with the config.

It's actually 66% off on Steam.
Thank you for making this! really, I am huge fan of classic point and click adventure games and I am appreciating this a lot!

Twitter
Add me on Steam

2017-11-28 13:46:14 (edited by r3dux 2017-11-28 13:48:58)

Hi Lirin,

Well, I'm certainly hoping the config for the Steam version of DoTT works for other people, but just like you I'd like some feedback about it. There's been issues previously where things like the SF4 config haven't worked properly on peoples machines where their OS language isn't set to English - but I've tried to address that in the most recent v1.1.2 version of SoniFight. However I haven't received any feedback as to whether it works or not, so your guess is as good as mine.

In terms of mini-games, the only one I remember (considering it was a long time ago when I played and finished the original version of DoTT) is a part where you had to get the combination to a safe, and while the information to do so was there visually I don't recall if it was also there as text or spoken. It's possible that there are a small number of mini-game elements as I haven't played through the entire game with the config running - just the first 30 to 40 mins of it. If anyone's gone further than that or got stuck at something they think is due to the config not handling something they feel is a visual element then if you let me know I'd be happy to look into it.

Worst case you could likely look something up in a walkthrough on gamefaqs.com or something.

Update: Ah, brilliant! So glad it works for you! Occasionally you need to walk to the left or right of the screen so that it scrolls and other items and things turn up to interact with. Hope you enjoy! big_smile

2017-11-28 19:54:46 (edited by hadi.gsf 2017-11-28 19:55:41)

lol, now i see why everyone hates Denuvo's guts.
So injustice 2 will not run with cheat engine. even if you launch it midway it'll give you an error and the game exits.
I fear lots of new games are going to have this issue. The only fix is when  crackers  remove denuvo from a game.

2017-11-28 20:49:41 (edited by r3dux 2017-11-28 20:53:11)

@hadi.gsf - Have you tried "discoengine"? i.e. Use a hex editor to replace all occurances of "cheat" with another 5 letter word in the "cheatengine" exe?

Also, SFV exits immediately if you start it with CE running. I didn't try starting it later, but it's probably the same, and I didn't try discoengine (although I like the concept).

2017-11-28 21:57:48 (edited by hadi.gsf 2017-11-28 23:16:27)

Hey,

What do i have to do exactly? ? I've never  used a hex editor.
Does it allow me to rename the cheatengine.exe process in the memory?

2017-11-28 22:13:28 (edited by SirBadger 2017-11-28 22:36:29)

ok tested latest 2 exe files and still doesn't read menus in sf4. only reads carictor selection screen and some output during game: low health etc.
day of the tentacle is reading stuff now though.

steam actually have full throttle remastered up there as well now. that could be a fun one if you can make a config for it. it's on offer at the moment as well.

2017-11-29 03:37:54 (edited by stewie 2017-11-29 03:43:40)

Day of the Tentacle Remastered (on steam) does not seem to be speaking for me. I'm using 64 bit Windows 10. When I start it I hear "speech option 0" but moving through the menu reads nothing.

(edit)In game it reads when I mouse over an object.(/edit)

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2017-11-29 04:06:59

mine's reading when I move over objects and some other stuff but I don't know enough about the game to know what it isn't reading. I know on the intro now it says opened a lot when it's changing scenes and things and I can examine and walk about a bit.

2017-11-29 08:15:31

So I'm relatively far through Day of the Tentacle, as of now though you currently can't complete it due to one puzzle having a configuration issue.

Spoilers
When you access the VCR to try to view the combination, the VCR buttons don't speak when you move over them. I can't find the button to slow it down.
End spoilers

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.