2008-08-02 01:07:54

good point.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2008-08-04 11:25:46

Personally, i don't see the problem with downloading films so long as your carefl, ----- afterall you do need to be considerate of people owning the network or server.

Well, my weerd net access places theme continues. Of all things I've found a pub with free wifi net access (and of all things a fast download speed it looks like), so long as you buy a drink, though not quite as nice as having the net in my hotel as I did last year, this is stil convenient as it's only about five minutes walk away and opens at ten in the morning.

the only thing is of course you really have to buy a drink otherwise it's rather cheeky, however their coke costs 85 P, so not a problem, ---- and my inner ear headphones are great for using Hal and cutting out annoying pop music.

At this time in the morning it's also not too crowded at all, so I have a booth and large sofa to myself.

Actually I'm rather pleased, I just hope my laptop batteries will last.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2008-08-04 15:21:49

LOL. I can picture myself spilling coke or worse yet a beer on my laptop there. Weight a min, I don't drink beer. OK, I don't really know what all is served at a pub, but I'm asuming drinks that get you drunk, than again I never been to england or a pub so go figger. They sure do put Wifi everywhere don't they?

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2008-08-04 15:30:33

Depends on the pub. Some are more like bars, others focus more on food. All however tend to serve at least beer as well as other drinks.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2008-08-05 01:57:40

Well then, I wasn't that far off then? lol. Now the pub in the harry potter books comes to mind. I wonder if they put wifi on ocean liners and when wifi will become a major part of flights?

DropBox Referral

2008-08-05 11:39:15

Wifi is already ohn airooplanes. My brother had a weerd experience on a world of warcraft raid when his friend was yelling "nooooo! heal him! watch the ddragon! aaaaagh! ----- oh, sorry, can someone else take over, the stewardess is giving me weerd looks"

this is purely a drinking and social pub. beer if you want it, pluss various other alcoholic things. I've never been a beer fan myself, usually pims, or radom cocktales such as malleboo and orange, and other odd combos, ---- though I have occasionally indulged in good dark rum or a decent wisky. at the moment though for various reasons, I'm totally off all alcohol, ---- not that it really matters of course.

I think coke would do just as much damage as beer, but luckily this is a very wide table and I have the entire setteee to myself, so no accidents should happen, ------ I hope.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2008-08-05 15:16:17

LOL. I'm more of a coke person. never had any alcohol in my life, not that it really matters. I don't think wifi is on most of the american flights yet, but of corse I could be wrong.

DropBox Referral