2017-08-31 00:17:19

Hello.
Sounds good. Will those games availeble for PC?

best regards, muhammad chafid

2017-08-31 00:33:24

I know this is a little off topic.
Is their a text or any guide of the maddon 17 menus? I got maddon nfl 17 as apart of EA Access and I want to give it a try before I commit to maddon NFL 18 as I know nothing about american football.

:D happy to help out with games and the like... maybe :D

2017-08-31 00:37:10

Karren, This is awesome!  I'm going to test the second one and see if I can do it.
Well done, and can't wait for the update!

Follow me on twitch
http://twitch.tv/vol4life8657
Subscribe and like my video content on the Access 4 All channel!
http://youtube.com/c/access4all

2017-08-31 00:38:14

17 will not have the new change s coming up as far as I know.

Follow me on twitch

2017-08-31 07:57:18

Really great guides Karen. The only thing people have to keep in mind, at leased on the ps4 for those who live outside the US and don't have access to the screenreader: Hook up a USB keyboard to enter the mail address and password to log in. Do you need to enter the mail address or can you log in using the gamer ID as well? This is important to know because if you need to enter the mail address, you need to pay attention to the keyboard layout which is different when entering the @ sign, - _ signs etc.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-08-31 11:23:39

@124/125
Really well done Karen, great work.  It'd be good to put these in order though as you'd need to sort the accessibility settings after working with the account setup system etc.

I now have my EA account reset after a few issues, not entirely sure how I managed it really, but I'm glad it's seemingly solved now.  I'm very curious as to how quickly i'll be able to pick this game up in terms of mechanics and such, but that'll come with time I don't doubt.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.
***If you wish to refer to me in @replies, use Sightless***

2017-08-31 18:05:55

The guide will be ordered and hyperlinked on EA's site. Right now I'm posting draft chunks of it here for early feedback. There's a complication with my directions - I added the security part after I set up madden, so I'm not 100% sure right now where the security dialog will appear - it might be first login, after entering your password. It will only come up if you have not made your console trusted before. I'll see what I can find out to pin this down.
Dialog description:
If you have not previously made your console a trusted xbox one console through ea origin, you will be prompted to enter one of your backup codes, or to have a new code sent. The dialog contains a password entry text box, a send code button, and a grayed out finish button. If you have one of your backup codes, enter it now. If you do not have a backup code but do have access to your cell phone text messages, press down on the dpad, press xb1:a ps4:x to send, then press press xb1:a ps4:x to acknowledge the code was sent.  This will place you back at the code entry text box. Enter the code, press down twice, and press xb1:a ps4:x to finish

2017-08-31 18:08:06 (edited by ea_accessible 2017-08-31 18:08:38)

@Addolis I can't hear very well, so I'm not sure if there is an audible difference when you hit the main menu on subsequent logins. I know that if you keep pressing A and then hit left on the dpad you'll eventually feel a rumble when you have moved past all the update request screens. Do you know if there is any audible way to tell?

2017-08-31 18:10:21

@danang137 Madden NFL 18 is for the PS4 and XB1
@bradp - the menus for 17 are slightly different, although I believe the volume control instructions would be the same. There are no accessible rumbles being added to 17. I'm still waiting on the confirmed release date for 18's features.

2017-08-31 18:19:49 (edited by ea_accessible 2017-08-31 18:27:10)

Main menu overview:
The main menu is broken up into columns. They are in the following order from left to right and can be navigated with the dpad. Vertically split columns can be navigated using up and down. The first column is dynamic and is based on what you previous did in the game. Top is usually continue, bottom is usually an advertisement for madden ultimate team (MUT). I'm not sure what it is first login, as my xbox didn't screen capture properly. I'll update this post when I get into work - I'm writing most of the retail part at home.

Here's the menu layout, left to right
- Dynamic based on past content
- Ultimate team
- Longshot
- Split into 2, franchise, then skills trainer
- Split into 3, Play now, then online head to head, then open practice
- Split into 2, Download community files, then download latest rosters
- Customize

If you back out of any mode, you will be at that mode's location on the main menu. To get back to origin from any point of the main menu, press left on the dpad 6 times, or until you feel rumbles. Then press up once.

2017-08-31 18:31:45 (edited by ea_accessible 2017-08-31 19:51:32)

Screen reader question for documentation purposes - is it clear when there is a comma in a list? I was using the word then in the above post in case it is not, but I am not sure if that is needed.

2017-08-31 19:24:28

With these accessible rumbles, has anyone thought about how to add aiming for the extra points?

That's going to be a major problem. Scoring touchdowns are awesome, but it'd suck if we can't score extra points due to accessibility.

2017-08-31 20:12:52

@Orin - there are already rumbles for aiming. Truth is, though, you typically won't need to aim, as the goal is always positioned straight ahead. Power and accuracy are set by the kick meter, which the new patch will add rumbles to. I'll describe how that works soon.

2017-09-01 01:21:56

Section Online Head-to-Head:
The following section covers how to reach online head to head mode and play online, with random people or with friends.

From the main menu:
-    Press right on the dpad 3 times, then down once. Press Xbox:A PS4:X to open online head to head.
-    There are two rows of buttons, the top row is quick match, then top 100 leaderboard. The bottom row is play a friend, view team depth chart, and customize. When attempting to move past the edge of a row, the controller will rumble.
-    Each time you play, update your roster to ensure you don’t get a pop-up when launching a game. Press down on the dpad once, then press right twice. Press Xbox:A PS4:X to open customize
-    The customize menu only has 2 options, update rosters, and online settings.  Press Xbox:A PS4:X to enter update roster.
-    Press up on the dpad and Xbox:A PS4:X to confirm roster update. If there is no update, this sequence will still behave appropriately, so it is safe to always do this.
-    Press Xbox:B PS4:Circle to back out to the head to head menu. Press left on the dpad 3 times and up once to return to origin on this menu, which is from where all instructions will be written.

To start a quick match from the online head to head menu:
-    Press Xbox:A PS4:X to enter quick play mode
-    You may be prompted for a roster  update. Press up on the dpad and Xbox:A PS4:X to continue
-    You will be prompted to select a team. The team you selected when logging in the first time is the default. The teams are in the same order on this menu as they are when first logging in, and it wraps.
-    For reference, the order is Bears, Bengals, Bills, Broncos, Browns, Buccaneers, Cardinals, Chargers, Chiefs, Colts, Cowboys, Dolphins, Eagles, Falcons, 49ers, Giants, Jaguars, Jets, Lions, Packers, Panthers, Patriots, Raiders, Rams, Ravens, Redskins, Saints, Seahawks, Steelers, Texans, Titans, Vikings
-    Press Xbox:A PS4:X to select team
-    You will automatically begin searching for an opponent. See basic game setup guide for game setup menu options
To start playing a friend from the online head to head menu:
-    I have no friends at work, so will have to continue this section when I get home ;-)

2017-09-01 01:44:29

With OCR, I was able to figure out that I started on the Panthers, I think. Unfortunately, moving left to right from teams does not make a sound, and it really! needs to.
I selected the Patriots as my favorite team, then I came back to check to find the order here when in reality I would've liked to select Eagles. Can I change the favorite team in options?

Also, is there a way to change the soundtrack? I'd love to change the soundtrack to the Madden 25 soundtrack; this generic rap is lame.

2017-09-01 01:51:45

Section Update Favorite Team:

The following describes how to change your favorite team

From the Main Menu:
-    Hold down right on dpad until you feel repeated rumbles.
-    Press Xbox:A PS4:X to enter the customize Menu.
-    Press down on the dpad twice to get to settings.
-    Press Xbox:A PS4:X to go to Settings.
-    Press Xbox:A PS4:X again to go to setting adjustments.
-    Press Xbox:A PS4:X again to go to game options.
-    Press left or right on the dpad to select a team. The default is your previously selected favorite. The wrapping order is: Bears, Bengals, Bills, Broncos, Browns, Buccaneers, Cardinals, Chargers, Chiefs, Colts, Cowboys, Dolphins, Eagles, Falcons, 49ers, Giants, Jaguars, Jets, Lions, Packers, Panthers, Patriots, Raiders, Rams, Ravens, Redskins, Saints, Seahawks, Steelers, Texans, Titans, Vikings
-    Tap the Xbox:B PS4:Circle for a couple of seconds to get back to the main menu.

2017-09-01 01:55:01

I'll ask about audio track changes tomorrow. I don't know if it exists and haven't been able to find anything like it.

2017-09-01 02:07:54 (edited by Orin 2017-09-01 03:22:39)

Thanks, appreciate the help.

I know Darrell explained it in his video, but can you explain the team select screen as it apply's to play now? Any OCR is going to be problimatic with these menus since they are split up into tabs. When I went right one after Longshot, and I identified the fact that it was long shot due to OCR and also the music change, I backed out because I don't want to start that at least until the patch.
Right one from that immediately brings me to team select. It looked from an OCR scan that this was play now... am I wrong? Team select immediately came up and OCR has no chance of helping with that. I didn't get the option to play the most recent pre-season game in Play Now Live or the other option to choose a team.

Edit: Okay all, I've figured out with the PS4 Remote Play app how to login. Now I am stuck at the security check. I'll need to use the phone method, but how do I enter my phone number for it? OCR is absolutely no help in this dialog, and I can't tell whether I'm on the backup code field or possibly a phone number field.
No sound either in this menu when moving through fields. Figured Email and Password, then the login button is right next to that. after that this security check has me stumped.

2017-09-01 04:37:04

Karren, awesome work on the other modes. I'll add that to my stuff, so I've got it. Oren, When you select play now live, the first option is to play with your favorite team, not team  select. If you want to actually  select a team for your self and to play against, press right on your d-pad, and then press A.  That is how you get to the team selection screen in play now live.

Follow me on twitch

2017-09-01 05:15:39 (edited by ea_accessible 2017-09-01 05:16:03)

Orin - post 132 in this thread covers the security dialog

2017-09-01 05:27:45

Wow. I just played the real pre-season game of the Patriots VS. Giants. While the Giants did win today in the real game, I think my Giants only got 12 points... the commentators didn't say the score at the end. My Patriots though? 0. I think it was like 12 to 0. I know the patch will help with determining whether it's a running play or a passing play, as the only way to determine that I was even supposed to be throwing or running was *if* the commentators made reference to it, such as "Now X to throw".

Also, when you throw to one of your intended targets with any of the face buttons or R1, how many seconds do you have to wait to hit the button to throw? At times when I hear the ball being caught in my player's hand and I hit one of the face buttons to throw to a receiver to attempt to complete a pass, the commentators imply that I just let go of the ball.

We honestly need a lot more information--for most of that game I was fumbling around. For example, the logical thing to do would probably be to throw to the closest receiver to you right? In that case, which button is he? I've gotten a few long chance throws into the end zone complete, but ultimately running is what screwed me. The Patriots have never been sacked this many times in real life. There was so many sacks, in fact, that this one commentary line just kept repeating over and over every time it happened, because not even a novice player would get sacked that many times and they didn't record lines for 3-4 sacks in a row.
But, there is one thing to mention, I'm not sure when I set up the game experience level at the beginning if I accidentally set it to all Pro or something. I'll have to check that tomorrow with sighted assistance.

Also, I managed to get logged in. I entered my number into this one field there, hoping that was in fact what to enter and I got in.

2017-09-01 05:39:16

there will soon be rumbles that indicate play type, the kick meter, and when the ball leaves the quarterback's hand. As for difficulty, the screen wraps the options, so it's pretty inaccessible - your OCR might be ok with it, though. I'll see if there's anything I can do about this menu.

From the Main Menu:
-    Hold down right on dpad until you feel repeated rumbles.
-    Press Xbox:A PS4:X to enter the customize Menu.
-    Press down on the dpad twice to get to settings.
-    Press Xbox:A PS4:X to go to Settings.
-    Press Xbox:A PS4:X again to go to setting adjustments.
-    Press Xbox:A PS4:X again to go to game options.
- tap down on the d pad 4 times to get to skill level, then left and right on the gamepad cycles options

2017-09-01 07:33:50

Hello Oran,
Just to let you know, and I just found this out,  when you play a play now live game, the difficulty switches to rpo by default. There is no way to change it. When I referenced switching difficulties, it was whare you selected your own teams.  The play now live matches the NFL difficulty, so that's why you had such a hard time.

Follow me on twitch

2017-09-01 07:39:56

Hi Karen.
Wow. Thanks so much for posting all the content from the guide.
It's great that you have made rumble when you reach the left or the right side of the collums . If you can make a rumble when the menu wraps when going up and down as well, we'll be able to count the menu items, which will make the navigation much easier. What do you think about this? Keep up the fantastic job.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-09-01 08:20:34

Their are also rumbles in maddon 17 as well when navigating menus. However, since all EA games have the tab based menu system, How do I switch tabs? r1/rb and l1/lb Seem to switch tabs.

:D happy to help out with games and the like... maybe :D