2017-06-10 17:54:32

I love this new weapon crafting thing, but, honestly, damage types looks really unbalanced. Why would you ever want anything other than antimatter? Rarity isn't an excuse when it's really only a matter of time before every high end player is flying around with full antimatter armaments because there doesn't seem to be anything better (The comparisons table lists antimatter as being very good against both shields and hull, when the highest rating on any other damage type is good, and even then,, only against one thing, not both). It'd be a lot nicer and balanced if there was a reason why you'd want to use other things over antimatter.

Go, balloons. I don't see anything happening. Go, balloons. Go, balloons. Go, balloons. Stand by, confetti. Keep coming, balloons. More balloons. Bring them. Balloons, balloons, balloons! More balloons. Tons of them. Bring them down. Let them all come. No confetti. No confetti yet. No confetti. All right. Go, balloons.

2017-06-10 20:23:41 (edited by Soul Keeper 2017-06-10 20:30:39)

Um? I'm not sure if this is a bug or not but I bought some part crates earlier today and when I existed hyperspace a couple hours ago I got a message that said:
[Captain Popadropalis has purchased your part "Basic Kinetic Core".]
[Captain Popadropalis has purchased your part "Basic Nuclear Core".]
[Captain Popadropalis has purchased your part "Basic Snub Barrel".]
[Captain Popadropalis has purchased your part "Inertia Launcher".]
I wasn't told how many credits I gained for each, but that's a little beside the point; I really didn't want to sell these. Are things automatically tagged to be sold if you don't have a weapon crafting module yet?
Also, my stats page says I'm level 21, but I'm still in led division. I've noticed that the term level seems to be a bit ambiguous sometimes -- the score boards seem to use it to refer to highest skill, while the stats page calculates it by adding all skills together -- so which one does the division ranks use?
Wow, a bunch of new books got added, guess I should try to collect them all again.
Thanks.

Go, balloons. I don't see anything happening. Go, balloons. Go, balloons. Go, balloons. Stand by, confetti. Keep coming, balloons. More balloons. Bring them. Balloons, balloons, balloons! More balloons. Tons of them. Bring them down. Let them all come. No confetti. No confetti yet. No confetti. All right. Go, balloons.

2017-06-10 20:47:07

Hi Soul Keeper,

Glad you like the weapon crafting. There was indeed a bug that has now been solved, if you can file a bug we can look to get the parts returned to you or a credit compensation; which ever you prefer.

In terms of damage it really depends what you are going for. Anti-Matter is of course very good but doesn't have any lingering effects as some of the other damage types. For example biogenic damage can cause effects that can last weeks and arc damage can cause damage across battle turns.

We will look to making level a more consistent term, but the scoreboards should use the same as what is shown in the stats pages. The next division starts at 20 so you may have just crossed the threshold and your division will be updated within 24 hours, but we will check to make sure.

2017-06-10 22:16:53

All right,, ,thanks. And wow, that lasting effects damage is pretty cool.

2017-06-11 20:40:37

hi,

is there a helpfile for crafting?

2017-06-12 09:16:19

Hi Darren,

We have this article about weapon crafting at high level: https://textspaced.zendesk.com/hc/en-us … n-Crafting

In terms of the perfect recipe we've left that up for the players to learn, but if you feel the learning curve is too steep we can certainly look into expanding the article.

2017-06-12 09:16:22

hi. the bounty missions seem to be really bugged at the moment, I tried completing one and I got attacked by the target when I reached the designated system. I won however the mission didn't register as complete and the ship was still there. if I tried attacking it it would be destroied after only one hit but after a scan it would still be there.
Also can you please remove the selling cap when you sell ports? I tried creating some weapons to make some profit but it seems that nomatter how expensive my weapon is the trader will never give me more than 30000 credits.

“Get busy living or get busy dying.”
Stephen King

2017-06-12 10:25:18

Hi Darren,

We did have a bug reported yesterday about NPCs attacking people while in FTL, I think this might be related. It also seems in your case because the ship attacked you it didn't trigger the bounty for some reason, we'll continue to look into it and gave gifted you 10,000 credits for the inconvenience.

In terms of the upper sell limit, we cannot remove as its there to prevent people gaining to much from selling weapons - especially exotics, although this may be something that should work differently for crafted weapons.  Instead, for now, we have raised the limit to 100k  which should be fine for most players.

2017-08-04 11:43:42 (edited by TextSpaced 2017-08-04 11:43:54)

Hi all, just a quick update.

Facebook have assigned an engineer to look into the issues with Facebook Messenger and accessibility, their response so far:

"Accessibility is of course important to us, I'm assigning this to our team to investigate what we can do."

Also we are grateful for all of you that continue to play, we have pushed out new features every 1 or 2 weeks and are delighted with the feedback so far (thank you all for your 5 star reviews). Our current aim is to push out the next release to get us to beta status (1.00) - with this release focusing on our mercenaries feature. All of the changes are logged in our release notes, however if you want me to post them here to let me know and I'll collate them.

2017-08-04 19:03:48

I will certainly continue playing Textspaced as long as there are News and improvements. That and, of course, as long as the game continues accessible which, considering your support given to us, it will be Always. Thanks again by the way! About the changelog, well, taking into account the fact that it is very easy to follow both the FAQs and announcements, there is no real need to post it here. Polls, however, could be interesting to have posted or, at least, their links!

2017-09-03 02:40:36

Just wanted to revive this topic and would like to know if the game is still being developed..

2017-09-03 06:51:08

By what I remember, since I am still playing TextSpaced, they sent a notification about its reset that is scheduled for next month, with some News and even rewards for the ones who stayed with them in the Alpha stage. However, considering that I am not in the developer team, the best we can do is to wait for more News!

2017-09-03 12:04:16

Finally hopping aboard this one, looking forward to it.

2017-09-03 13:56:24

How is this game, exactly?

2017-09-03 16:43:50

caio wrote:

Just wanted to revive this topic and would like to know if the game is still being developed..

Hi Caio,

It certainly is still being developed, we currently have a 4 year rolling plan on all the content and features we wish to add. As mentioned we begin our beta on the 1st of October upon which the game will be reset. All players that took part in the Alpha up until the 1st of September will get some exclusive rewards for the beta and going forward - these will be announced on our Facebook page closer to the time.

This should be the last time we need to reset the game barring anything catastrophic happening, but nonetheless we will retain player items in this scenario, so you can treat the beta as the start of your journey if you like.

Currently we are working on adding the Mercenaries feature to the game, additional ships and reworking the travel mechanic ready for the beta. The beta will focus on additional missions, content, story and shoring up the writing.

2017-09-03 18:29:28

Thats awesome! I've always been a large fan of sci-fi... As soon as I have some time, I'll sertainly start to play the game..

2017-09-03 21:22:59

@caio,
The game is sort of like a multiplayer space-themed MUD, only for the Facebook chat instead of having to access it via Telnet. I know this means no soundpacks, but despite this, noone can strand you in empty sectors like people commonly would do in Miriani-style games. And, by what I have noticed, even when a player gets imprisoned, you are rewarded for rescuing, not injuring, that player.
Also, you can mine for resources, but you, yourself, can sell stuff to buy crafting componentes - a feature I have not found in other space-themed MUDs/MOOs, except for the already closed down Wayfar MOO.

2017-09-03 21:43:36

Sound is something we would certainly like to add more of to the game providing it’s accessible. I am curious, are the sound clips we embed able to easily be played, if so we can focus on adding more.

The best way to try this is to listen to audio logs within the computer or find the TransGov Horde mission in the missions menu which has a message from the TransGov Prime Minister.

2017-09-03 21:58:06

@TextSpaced,
Yes, the sound clips are surely accessible, at least if you don't use clients such as Miranda or other ones like that to access Facebook Messenger. I know that the sounds are accessible also because, from time to time, you put some old documentaries or even music to be heard by the players through voice messages. What I meant by "soundpacks", though, is something nearly impossible to do in Facebook Messenger but perfectly doable in MUD clients:
A sound for the landing of the ship, another one for its takeoff, sounds for mining, combat, etc. But even not having those atmospheric sounds, I am enjoying the game so far, especially because of its Discovery, crafting and leveling features. You don't need to beat newbies up to show you can gain levels, but use alternative routes as well and be the peaceful type or even combat NPCs instead of stopping others from being able to play just because your weapons are better.

Keep up the good work!

2017-09-04 03:02:26

hey, not looked in on this for a while. any developments on facebook messenger for ios and accessibility improvements?

2017-09-04 03:26:14

Well, I'll start playing the game... How can players level up and stuff? I mean.. I'm the sort of player who enjoys nom agressive solutions to
problems lol

2017-09-04 03:28:56

Alsso, how can I play the game through my Ios?

2017-09-04 03:56:15

If I am not mistaken, you can get the link for the game in the first post of this topic. It is a link to open up a chat window with the bot itself, then you just say "hi" and start playing! However, I don't have iOS, so cannot say anything about it. It Works ok on Android, but some people say that the buttons to operate the ship and buying and selling stuff are not working right on said system. I don't know if you can remedy this using Safari instead of the Facebook Messenger, but via PC it Works ok via browser on the normal, not the M, version of Facebook. And you can level up by mining, crafting, buying books related to the things you want to level up at, etc. Your character reads a random book once in a while!

2017-09-06 10:33:21

Hi there, yes supermalavox is correct. The link to play the game is https://www.messenger.com/t/TextSpaced to play it in your browser or you can search for "TextSpaced" within Facebook Messenger itself. We are still working with Facebook to make the components accessible, which is ongoing work - however I believe in this thread many users have detailed working setups in various different ways.

We have a Zendesk for reporting bugs and guides articles, some of which being:

Getting started: https://textspaced.zendesk.com/hc/en-us … ng-Started
Levels and skills: https://textspaced.zendesk.com/hc/en-us … and-Skills
and Surviving: https://textspaced.zendesk.com/hc/en-us … Surviving-

It must be said though, TextSpaced is not meant to be an easy game and it does not have an end; as-in there are no limits enforced on levels and such. So be prepared to work for each credit and possibly lose your ships a few times.

We are also always open to new ideas, improvements or changes - we continually get feedback from the community to try and make it a game for the players. In this alpha we reached over 200 players and received nearly the same amount of feature requests, in the beta we except this to be orders of magnitudes higher for both metrics.

2017-09-06 18:15:55

After my last post, I've learned, in practical terms, what the articles warned me about but I did not listen:

Never, unless you want to have your ship destroyed, leave your ship hanging around inside a sector and leave the game. It is much harder to be attacked in null space than while mining. I lost 2 ships because I went to sleep and left my ship unattended. Even being totally weaponless, someone engaged into combat with me. However, it seems like, and I might regret saying this because it gives ideas (lol), except for the Money you spent buying your ship and equipment, you lose nothing from having it destroyed if you don't die and get rescued by the escape pods and even get a free new shuttle, without owing to TransGov, the government, for that present. However, since I am a natural tester (and typo Hunter!!!), I am still trying to earn money to buy an engineering and a capital ship...