2017-05-10 14:26:13

Fighting games are always going to be more accessible at launch than any other genre... that's just the nature of this kind of game. But I also don't think much of the punching sounds... they don't give the hard hitting and brutal impression they are supposed to. They just sound a little... splatty to me. And multiverse mode will only be doable if, one, you have someone who is kind enough t update you with challenge changes, or if you are just willing to press buttons and figure out the objectives... which, to me, would be the same as getting behind the wheel, stepping on peddles, and hoping you go in the right direction. Doable, sure, but not all that enjoyable... I'm probably going to wait til a price drop to get the game, or the inevitable ultimate edition.

Discord: clemchowder633

2017-05-10 15:17:51

there is also the fact that even though I prefer the plot of MK9 to MKX, MKX has so much content with variations and such that the game is still incredibly fresh to me.  Not to mention killer instinct. 
It's a shame about the gear system, as I'm actually a fan of collecting equipment and rpg mechanics like that.  If it didn't lock certain moves, I'd be far less irritated. 
Don't get me wrong though, definitely going to pick this up, just not sure when.  Part of me wants it right away, but I don't need it. big_smile

2017-05-10 15:38:46

I need this game! My local clan already hit me up wanting me back for casuals when the game drops. Sadly, I will be out of town on the week of release, but it'll be cool to come back and learn from the pros.

Sucks about the gear system and Multiverse stuff, but honestly, I'm getting this game only for competitive purposes.
Oh and Sub Zero! Instant main! Secondary, Green Lantern, and then Atrocitus.

Follow my Youtube channel for high level MK 11 gameplay. https://www.youtube.com/user/Chvasquez86

Follow me on twitch for live streaming. https://www.twitch.tv/obsrattlehead

2017-05-10 16:01:06

I'll have Tekken 7 and its own long story mode to keep me occupied until this game drops. and by that time, Marvel Vs. Capcom Infinite will be out. lol

Every time equip systems like the gear system or gems from SF X Tekken have been implemented, they prove to be more of a gimic than a serious mechanic.. so all the pro players will likely stick to keeping that option off.

2017-05-10 17:40:20

Lol it's been confirmed that gear will not be used in tourneys. There will be an offline tournament mode.

Follow my Youtube channel for high level MK 11 gameplay. https://www.youtube.com/user/Chvasquez86

Follow me on twitch for live streaming. https://www.twitch.tv/obsrattlehead

2017-05-10 17:50:40

Yep. I remember the gems system being like that as well... as I said, gimics. Once capcom cleaned up their act and implemented that pretty much noone touched gems again... which is probably why SF X Tekken died so fast. It was fun, but far from Capcom's best, as far as I'm concerned.

2017-05-10 18:11:24

I'm really looking forward to Marvell, especially as there appeared to be only six stones to choose from .  Should make figuring out what you are selecting a lot easier .
I'm getting off topic though .

2017-05-10 21:31:33

I wonder how usable the menus/equipping gear will be for me if I use PS4 share play. Using Cloud OCR I was able to do stuff with the PS4 interface that doesn't talk, and was able to navigate some of the MKX menus.

I'm not huge into competitive play, so the fact that Multiverse is the way it is kinda sucks. Though, MK towers are this way as well with the challenges. I wonder if I should get Tekken 7... didn't get very far at all in 6 due to the way the stages were designed.

2017-05-10 23:07:12

Tekken 7 has no free roaming or stage maps like scenario campaign, so if that's a concern, be at ease. lol

2017-05-10 23:50:30

How did you use cloud OCR for console menus? 
by the way, in contrary to my last post, I do know how to spell Marvel. tongue

2017-05-11 03:19:35

I was told by a friend that this game will have Telltale style elements in the story mode. Am I correct in assuming he's lying or just incorrect?

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.

2017-05-11 05:31:07

He most likely means quick time events... which will be true. and if they're anything like the last game, we'll be stuck without a way to hit them accurately, like in the first injustice and MK X. Luckily, you don't have to hit them right to advance the story.

2017-05-11 07:49:48

Hi.
I look forward to hear your opinions on the game after having played it. I won't consider getting the game until I've heard how playable it is.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-05-11 13:10:16

Well I've already heard the first 7 minutes of the story due to the mobile version and some youtubers, and it sounds pretty damn great. I'm excited, I know a good deal of you are too. Tuesday can't come fast enough!

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.

2017-05-11 18:40:37

Hi.
I just hope that they will release a steam version eventually, I will play it then if it comes out.
greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2017-05-11 19:36:19

I also heard the first chapter of story mode. It still sounds very much like the first Injustice and MK X... which can be good or bad, depending on your preference. I like it, but I can't help but wish they'd try a few new things... and also, after hearing the fight against cyborg in story mode, the punches and kicks definitely don't sound painful to me. lol

2017-05-11 19:52:29

spoiler alert!

Here is the first chapter of story mode. I like it, kind of, but again... the overall atmosphere sounds exactly like the first game, not exactly what I would expect after 5 years, and the dialog is as campy as ever.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFi2J1RHNfA&t=502s

2017-05-11 20:30:00

Man, the cinamatics are great, but in the actual fights, the audio sounds terrible and compressed. Not sure why that is, but those punches sound weak.

2017-05-11 20:33:35

Even with some of the cinematic portions, a lot of the sounds just don't sound impactful... flashy, sure, but there's no real power behind a lot of them... and the problem with NRS games having a low overall volume appears to still be present. And I would agree on the punching sounds during the fight... they do sound very compressed.

2017-05-11 20:38:53

Ok, the hel? Maybe it's due to the bad audio of the video, but those fighting sounds, urm, what did they do this time?
Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2017-05-11 20:53:24

Guys... The reason it sounds compressed is because the story mode is being played in the MOBILE edition. The console fights DO NOT sound like this. Don't worry.

2017-05-11 21:13:07

Yes, in fact, they actually do... the same sounds are used in both versions of the game. If you watch the ps4 version of the game, you'll notice that although less compress ,the sound effects themselves still sound very weak, just maybe less so. The reason this sounds especially bad is that it's also mono.

2017-05-11 22:44:24

I honestly think these punches sound rather good. Like skin on skin. It's better than the first injustice, those were terrible in my view. But no. You all think the fights sound mono and terrible, I've watched several online matches and they sound beautiful.

2017-05-11 22:50:39

Personally, i think i will skip this one, and play the new Tekkin and Street Fighter V. I'm open to trying new games, this one just doesn't grab me for some reason.

2017-05-11 22:53:08

lol I don't think it sounds mono on ps4... I never said that. I simply said the punches lack impact... and to anyone who thinks these games sound realistic, have you ever actually been punched or ever punched someone? I spar with partners during krav maga classes and believe me, fights in real life do not sound nearly as exciting as you might think. So anyone who says they want realistic punching audio should actually check out a real fight in something like the UFC... you'll find out just how boring they actually sound. And I think you'll actually find more people who agree with you that this game sounds good. They just don't sound painful to me... but again, audio is objective. If you think this sounds like skin on skin, find a friend who won't mind being punched and see what a skin on skin blow actually sounds like. hahaha. But honestly, I'm nitpicking. The game does sound good, I just wish they put as much effort into the actual punches as they did with the audio during cinematics. But I have a beef with NRS's audio design that probably noone else on this forum has, and my view tends to be more unpopular. I do enjoy those games, though, despite my complaints about things like the badly written dialog.