2017-01-06 19:27:24

The demo where the navigation system is shown is indeed included in my list of links. It is here:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/979 … 20demo.mp3

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-01-06 20:37:53

Nice, once you post the casting call, I can pass that out to a few people that I know who may be interested.

2017-01-07 16:59:23

For those who are following this thread but haven't seen the new topic I posted, we have an initial casting call up for voice actors. See this topic for more details.

In the meantime, let's keep this campaign going strong! The team is still working on laying out the details for our stretch goals, but in the meantime, let's not let the momentum die. I think we can crack $4,000 by the end of day three - what do you think? Seriously amazed by the love and support you've all shown.

2017-01-07 22:43:42

I've just donated $15 to the project. This sounds awesome! I can't wait! This is going to be awesome!

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2017-01-07 23:57:27

You are awesome. Thanks for your support! You would not believe how crazy the last few days have been. I can barely keep up with the emails flying between the members of the team as we try to sort out all our stretch goals and plans for the rest of the campaign...

2017-01-08 00:53:44

I should be backing the collector edition in the next few days!

2017-01-08 02:14:40

Also, @Joseph: in the radar audio demo, when you were snapping to different directions, it was telling you what's around. However, what is happening in the quest demo? I can't seem to hear this behaviour.

2017-01-08 02:48:37

Aaron, good ear. That behavior can be turned on or off, and I turned it off for the demo. The reason is that it automatically announces what's in front of you whenever it changes. So if I turn, it automatically announces how far away the wall is, and so on. I found that it cluttered up the demo far too much with information that someone listening to the demo doesn't need to know. With auto-forward-scan off, you can still scan forward on demand - it just doesn't happen automatically.

2017-01-08 04:29:33

I know you guys already met your goal, but there, I just contributed my small bit. Sadly can't really contribute as much as I'd like, since a lot of my spare money goes towards buying my own sfx libraries. Hopefully you guys have some fun internal stretch goals. I noticed that there werent' any stretch goals on the project page.

Spill chuck you spots!

2017-01-08 04:39:20

Here are my thoughts and a few questions after listening to these audio demos.

Why is the SAPI voice used for character dialogues in the quest demo? Is this just a placeholder feature until you get voices for the main character? I have to agree with the person who commented about the footstep sounds. They should be a little better than they are currently.
Will attacks and spells be distance dependent? That would be really awesome and make combat even more realistic. I'm guessing the distance factor is there from what I heard of the character footsteps during combat. Still, I want to make sure.
Finally, how much replay value will this game offer?

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2017-01-08 05:00:15

Hey Chris,

I'll try to answer your questions as best as I can. The menu options are read by SAPI because we do not currently plan for the main character to be voiced, other than in combat. This is for a couple of reasons. First, it's sort of the RPG tradition - the silent protagonist; probably so you can assume the character has whatever voice you want. Also, it could be a little obnoxious having to listen to spoken dialogue as you're cycling through menu options. Finally, since every menu is going to have multiple different dialogue options, it would make for a lot of dialogue for the main character, which would be expensive...

There isn't currently any practical distinction for distance in combat. It's all just to create a sense of space. We haven't yet found a good way to represent distance in turn-based combat in a meaningful way that doesn't drag down the pace of combat.

It's difficult to quantify how much replay value a game like this has, because it varies from player to player. The gameplay experience promises to be different based on what character class you play as, what choices you make in game, what party members are traveling with you at certain places or times, and so on. Does that make sense?

2017-01-08 05:03:08

Oops - double post cause I missed your comment, Kai: thank you so much for your support. Anything you can contribute is amazing, as is any help spreading the word. We do indeed have some pretty significant stretch goals. The only reason they aren't posted yet is because we were caught a little flat-footed by how quickly the project was funded, so we are trying to nail down the dollar amounts for the different things we want to accomplish. We should have them posted soon, but suffice to say we have a lot of opportunity to make the game more engaging and enjoyable.

2017-01-08 14:09:59

Hi
There is a package that includes the soundtrack in digital as well as special items for the game?
This is because in my country is complicated the issue of imports because they charge many taxes.
greetings and thanks.

sorry my english, is not my native language.

2017-01-08 15:07:55

There isn't currently a single package for what you're asking - but if you get the special item pack through the Kickstarter, you will be able to purchase the soundtrack digitally once it releases. Alternatively, if you donate at a high enough level to earn the collector's edition but would prefer we did not ship one to you, please contact us directly by email ([email protected]) with information about your donation amount and a reminder that you don't want the physical collector's editions nd we will make a note to credit you for a free digital download of the soundtrack when it is available. Does that make sense?

2017-01-08 15:59:43

Hi
thanks for your reply!
I will donate insurance after analyzing the alternatives that you offered me.
greetings and thanks.

sorry my english, is not my native language.

2017-01-08 21:13:30

Hey guys, pretty exciting update...

So, as you've noticed, we still haven't announced any stretch goals. This is our bad - we weren't prepared for how quickly the game was funded. So we've been trying as best we can to lay out specific stretch goals, figure out the price points for those goals, and then prioritize them. That's been a little difficult since we're all running all over the place with busy lives, and are communicating by email.

But we do have our first stretch goal decided (in fact as soon as we can figure out a reasonable price point for our final stretch goal we'll have them all nailed down), and as of the last time I checked, our project has already met the funding needed to accomplish our first stretch goal! What that means is you've already enabled us to do the first thing on our list of thing we want to do to make the game even better than it was going to be - and we're already on our way toward stretch goal #2!

Anyway, expect more information on those goals soon, but I just wanted to let you all know that we've hit another milestone, and it's so incredibly exciting!

2017-01-09 07:31:45

Ahoy there.
Really really glad to see this campaign do as well as it has, and I am too excited for the goals you have planned!

One thing that most kickstarter campaigns do nowadays and I personally don't agree with it but still, is allowing early beta access to the game or allowing beta testing of the game as a reward usually higher level rewards, didn't you guys consider that approach?
Like I said, that is something I personally don't agree with,but it does get the users to fund the campaign who go for this sort of thing.

Grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2017-01-09 07:49:41 (edited by Lirin 2017-01-09 07:50:11)

Must agree, goals like Testing the game or even prototypes / demos with the campaign are really a nice addition and can open more users to join and back the project.

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2017-01-09 08:27:16

Hi.
I'm so glad to see that people are still backing after you've reached the first goal. I look very much forward to see the stretch goals, which might make me adjust my donation a bit... smile I'm so excited...

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-01-09 08:44:52

Hello there sir,
Really happy to hear that. Also I'm very glad that you've reached so far around 4152 dollars, and I hope this can improve gameplay value. You really deserve that awesome people for your great work, keep it up.

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2017-01-09 15:46:31

We did consider beta access as a possible reward incentive, but ultimately decided against it. We would rather exercise control over the quality and quantity of beta testers, to make sure that testing is happening at a pace, and in a manner, that's actually beneficial to us as we try to get the game ready.

Can't believe we're over $4,150! That's 145% for those of you keeping track. This is awesome!

On that note, we've posted our first three stretch goals on the campaign page. Check it out, and here they are for easy reference:

Stretch Goal #1 - $3,700 (Funded) - Dialogue Expansion: Meeting this benchmark will allow us to add significantly to the dialogue base, making the game deeper, more expansive, and more dynamic.

Stretch Goal #2 - $4,900 - Graphics: Reaching this funding goal will allow us to commission terrain and UI graphics to bring the visual presentation of the game to a new level.

Stretch Goal #3 - $5,300 - Sound Upgrade: After improving the graphics, this next goal would allow us to purchase additional sound assets to diversify and refine the sounds that make up the world of the game.

2017-01-09 18:01:37

Hello,
Thought to much before posting this suggestion and was hesitant about that but here you go:
Why not making graphics your final goal? I mean, let the second stretch goal gos for the sound assets as it is an audio game, which focusses basiclly on audio. I appreciate that you're planning to make the game playable for both blind and sighted people, but as mentioned, the game is based on audio so the audio quality is very important. It's your decision in the end though, those stretch goals are really exciting, wish you a good luck in your great work.

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2017-01-09 18:15:37

You should really post those stretch goals on the main campaign page, as well as in the update.  Also, sounds like this is going to be a ff6 type thing regarding the dialogue.

2017-01-09 19:06:13 (edited by livrobo 2017-01-09 19:12:16)

Nice goals. Hopefully you can meet them. I really like the second one. We don't have many audio games that have decent graphics, and it would be cool to have more.

If a helicopter falls in the field and no one's around, it doesn't make a sound.

2017-01-09 20:19:33 (edited by hanif 2017-01-09 20:25:27)

hi all out of sight teams, congratulations to all of you who have successfully made it to the minimal funding goal and to the first stretch goals.
I have a suggestion for the game: would it be possible to release DLC's in to the game to expand the story, or just for additional items? it would be cool if the game have DLC expansions to make the game much longer.
also, if possible, you cann add 2 modes to the game, the first is you can play it without graphics, and the second mode is for sighted people, meaning that some of the sound cues are reduced, replacing it with visual indicators.
and also, rather than using a silent protagonist, I wanted the main character to be voiced also, similar to games like final fantasy X or fallout 4.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!