2008-03-19 09:43:08

Hey,

Super Deekout, Chain Link, and Search Party, 3 awesome games have been free since Sunday or so.
Go get them at danzgames.com before they close in June.

James

2008-03-19 12:38:23

Thanks ConspiraZ, while I'm sad that another dev is throwing in the towel, the only good part is that we now get to play these games for free. Personally, I wouldn't have paid for something like chain link, but it's fun to play none the less.

Hopefully when DanZ games goes down for good, tom ward or X site will be able to host things.

I do wonder though, what's going to happen to the chain link chain data bass, and the scores for deakout? ill they stil run or not? and if not, (having now played chain link), will it be possible to have chains for the game somewhere else which could be downloaded and manually added into the chain link folder somehow? Perhaps I ought to contact Dan Z myself about this.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2008-03-19 17:21:54

hmm. i dont remember the address for the DanZ game's email list (which i am subscribed to), i'd post to that and someone could get back to me, but since i dont know the address to post... Pretty stupid, I know, but ehh...

2008-03-19 19:33:58

there is one question.
what about cannon crossfire? was there ever a beta released? i'm interested in that game.

2008-03-20 00:50:26

Certainly nothing about such a game on DanZ's own site.

the only thing I'm finding thus far, is that objects on the same column as you can be a pest, sinse your told what distance the object is from you by the volume, your not told whether it's above or below you, so frequently I've found myself running streight into the robot or charging away from coins. Is there something I'm missing here?

also as I said, having now played chain link and found it quite intreaguing, I do want to know if there's a way to create new chains and import them into the game once the chain data bass on DanZ games goes down, ditto with the super deakout scores, ---- and ditto I should imagine with search party as well, though I've not tried that game sinse grid based puzles aren't quite as much my thing.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2008-03-20 02:57:42

Hi, the database for chainlink will be going down and so will the super deek out scoreboards. I agree Dark, I found myself running into the robot as well, since like in treasure hunt you can gage how far away something is but in super deek out it's quite difficult. Though, challenge is good...

2008-03-20 04:42:11

dark empathy wrote:

the only thing I'm finding thus far, is that objects on the same column as you can be a pest, sinse your told what distance the object is from you by the volume, your not told whether it's above or below you, so frequently I've found myself running streight into the robot or charging away from coins. Is there something I'm missing here?

Items below you have a lower pitch than those above you.  This is harder to tell with coins, but you get the hang of it after a little while.

I don't remember whether the robot's sound changes in such a way - don't think so, but I've never really had a problem figuring out where he's headed.  I haven't played the game in a long while thanks to my laptop dying, and since I haven't quite started figuring out Darwine on the new Mac (not buying Windows if I can help it) I haven't had a computer to play it on (or the time - sophomore year is prooving to be full of change).

James

2008-03-20 09:28:15

Well, I'm only just starting out with super deakout. I'll admit, I never fancied paying for the game back when it was commercial, sinse it's got infinite levels (I believe), and is just a rack up score fest, but now I've got it I intend to have fun with it, I'll admit, my spacial location abilities aren't exactly fantastic, ----- but here's a chance to improve, ;D..

I always found deakout from Bsc games (which i assume is the inspiration for this one), to be slightly too easy, Sinse I could just go round from corner to corner and always avoid the robot, but obviously with the wall smashing, and the coin collecting this is a lot harder.

2008-03-20 11:59:43

Hi dark for me its great game, and very good sounds and music quality, gameplay is nice, and yes, i agree, game is hard.

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2008-03-20 12:45:33

Indeed, though I've actually found playing with the music off helps a lot sinse in comparison to the game sounds it's rather loud. you are indeed right Conspiraz, there is a pitch differennce, even for the coins, but when the music was on the only objects I could distinguish the pitch change for were the good and bad items.

It's a shame DanZ never included a volume control, sinse the rock really contributes to the game's atmosphere. I'm guessing now though, that we'll never see one.

2008-03-20 22:03:52

Yeah... And i asked about the self-extracting chainlink stuff and all he said was, "right."

So I couldnt tell if he meant, "Yes, it's gonna happen,", or, "Right. Nope..."

So I guess we'll have to wait and see.

But, I also asked about the reg program. Ignore it. It doesnt interface with the game anymore.

2008-03-21 18:39:52

um, guys can someone explain what the object of super deakout is?

Connor

2008-03-21 21:39:19

I think it's to wrack up points.

2008-03-21 23:32:14

yeah but how?

Connor

2008-03-22 04:22:25

Collect coins. avoid the robot. Pick up items, etc. All documented in the manual I believe, but that's basically the jist of it.

2008-03-23 00:01:03

How do I actually get the games. I am still playing in demo mode.

skype name: techluver
Feel free to add me.

2008-03-23 02:08:55

I think you go to his site before june. If i find a hotspot before then, I will. That's if it still there?

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2008-03-23 02:31:35

To get them, install the games in demo mode, go to
The DanZ Site

Go down to the news section, and there are 3 files that register the 3 games. Lets say you have Super Deekout as the demo on your computer. Just find that file and extract it to your Super Deekout directory. Same goes with Chain Link and Search Party.

Hope it helps.

2008-03-27 09:58:29

Hi there. Well this game is a really good game if you want some fast action. I purchased super deekout (or I use to call it super deeky) for some 2 years ago, and I have come to level 56 or 59, cant remember exactly. But I can find my stats and post them for those who want a long statistics reading. Believe me, after level 55 its really hard to avoid the robot, cuz hes always after me and in the center. The only way I can get away from him is if I can get a speedup, but it doesnt really help cuz when I create a good item then I cant collect it without being hit or the robot picks the item.

John, the super audio gamer

2008-03-27 12:05:44

wow 56 that's impressive! how long did that take you?

2008-03-29 16:23:01

Here is some info about one of my best gameplays ever, I wont post my stats cuz it will be a long post then
Final Score: 15542696; this earns position 2 in local top ten (Strange, I once got over 16 million but only reached level 56
Final Level: 58
Difficulty: Easy
Game Duration: 1 hour 11 minutes 55 seconds
You moved 34397 times during the game, and crashed into a wall 506 times
You created a total of 211 good items, and picked up 202 of them (95,7%)
A total of 50 nasty items were created, and 1O1 bot picked up 8 of them (16,0%)
You stole 39 nasty items, and 1O1 bot stole 7 of your items
When you play super deekout then its important to know what the manual says about the scoring system. Think about the time bonus and how many items you can collect in a level. If you get a coin spawn, try then to collect at least 6 or 7 good items in a level before entering a new level, but try to get a good time bonus as well. You get then get over 200000 points or more in only 1 level. Also, think about what you need of oil slick, wall fusion, item neutralizer etc. All of theese items are good to have. Of course in level 50 and over you dont have a chance to use an oil slick I think, so its best to try picking up some wall fusion instead so that you can easily avoid the robot. I will start playing super deekout again and when I am as good as I was before in that game then I will record a gameplay
John

2008-03-30 05:57:38

Could you please give me the stats? I don't want to give out my e-mail but go to sendspace.com and upload it there. Then you can post the link and we all can download it.

skype name: techluver
Feel free to add me.

2008-03-31 00:12:51

Hi. I dont use sendspace and stuff like that, I can of course put them to this topic but it would be big

2008-03-31 00:32:32

Hell with it; put it in the topic

2008-03-31 02:13:54

Jeez! I can get to L15 on easy, tops, and my best score is about 3 million points. I could probably do better, but I find that the robot and rocket combo stop me from getting coins when they're toward the center. I'm just not fast enough to avoid getting munched.
Incidentally, I'm trying to earn my cheats, because I love the game but want to be invisible and see how long I last (I love the speed-collecting bit). In any case, my best on normal was something like 1.8 mil. I thought I had enough, but I mustn't have (I wasn't counting). I got cornered by the robot and rocket, and not to mention that the robot got a power-up that consisted of bombs. AGH! I hate bombs. I want invisibility, dang it!

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1