2016-11-11 03:02:27

Hi,
I figure a few others have done it - I might as well add my little collection to the pile.
I have a few bt sync secrets folks might be interested in, figured I can throw them here.
Before anyone tries - these are read only secrets. The folders are also far from small.
Enjoy!
audiobooks, 1.4 tb:
(removed by moderator)

e-texts, around 120 gb
(removed by moderator)

movies, 300 gb
(removed by moderator)

music (ogg format), 600 plus GB
(removed by moderator)

tv as audio, 1.7 tb
(removed by moderator)

Something something something insert canine related comment here

2016-11-11 06:00:54

thanks. I'll definitely sink these folders after I get a HD that actually supports the sizes. One thing though. Do you know if those will actually stay up for a while? Because it seems as the bigger the folder, the less amount of time they'll exist for the public.

2016-11-11 06:16:56

Seeing as how I myself am hosting them, they're not going anywhere.
You can get what you can now though. Movies isn't terribly big, for instance.
Feel free to pass the secrets onto people you think might enjoy them.

2016-11-11 10:13:57

Fantastic, thanks for sharing...
On a somewhat related note, as I've recently lost most if not all of my BTSync folders due to not backing up some of the secrets, was just wondering if anyone would be kind ennough to supply me with the Harry Potter Fanfiction secret that was floating arround a while back?
It's the one that's sorted by compleeted series etc... you know the drill. It's also updated regularly which is nice.
Thanks much,

Daniel

2016-11-11 13:41:58 (edited by brad 2016-11-11 16:33:03)

Hello.

Thanks for these. I'll be grabbing them as soon as I can.

I'm gone for real :)

2016-11-11 15:42:59 (edited by brad 2016-11-11 16:34:13)

Hello.

I have found a link on another topic that has an older version of bit sync. It is a lot more accessible than the newest version.

Here is the link. http://forum.audiogames.net/viewtopic.php?id=20197

Go to post 19 and you'll find the link to a dropbox zip folder; download it, and install the program. IF you're using NVDA then install the add-on within the folder.

I'm sorry, I can't help with other screen readers as I do not use them.

2016-11-11 17:16:43

Holy sh...that does sound  good smile Is there a way to selectively sync within a folder? I don't think I have 2 tb of space lying around to grab it all smile

2016-11-11 17:44:47

Hi,
The newest version of bt sync is actually quite accessible if you install it as a service. It opens in a web browser.
Yes, you can selectively sync if you have a pro license with the latest resilio sync.

2016-11-11 17:54:09

@Zersiax:
i think you can select what to sync when you have the newest version of bt sync. but i believe that the newest version is not as accessible as the one everyone is using  right now...

2016-11-11 17:55:39

@timberwolf1991
what is this pro license you're talking about? and what is this resilio sync thing?

2016-11-11 17:55:47

Hi narf,
That's a misconception. If you install it normally, it isn't usable whatsoever. If you install it as a service, however, you can use it just fine in a web browser window, and can even control it remotely from another computer assuming you know how to forward ports on your router.
thanks

2016-11-11 18:05:54

Hmm,

Does resilio work with btsync? I thought it had its own little thing going on, good to know. Does that placeholder sync feature work with btSync folders as well?

2016-11-11 18:12:30

Hi,
yes it does. Resilio is now the official owner of bit torrent sync, so it's been renamed.
http://www.getsync.com is where you can get the latest at.
You can also try sync pro free for 30 days. If you like it, a lifetime license is something like 40 USD, I forget what I paid exactly.
I love it.

2016-11-11 19:08:58

hi,
also, is there any way to selective sync these folders? I really would like the audiobooks and e-texts folder but don't have enough space. Would also be interested in documentaries if tv has those.  Could also seed as I am on a 1gbps semetric connection.

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that."

2016-11-11 19:56:59

The resilio sync pro client seems to offer the same feature OneDrive for Windows 8 used to have, where it downloads placeholders for files you can download as you see fit. I used to love this feature to bits. Going to set this up on my desktop I think.

2016-11-11 20:10:24

Hello.

I've decided  to keep using the older bt sync client. I just tried the newest program and installed it as a windows service. I found that I couldn't get passed the sign up to the email news letter page without having to put my email in, in other words; there was no skip button. So I've decided to use the older program.

2016-11-11 21:12:24

Hi.
at Wolf, holy moly, that's quite a lot of files and folders that you have there, thanks for sharing those.
Guess I need to pay amazon a little visit to get a bigger harddrive xD.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2016-11-11 21:26:26

That dialogue goes away when you click the unlabeled button , maybe even by pressing escape. The interface takes some getting used to but I am syncing all but the music folders selectively now.

2016-11-11 22:31:40

Hi,
Exactly what Zersiax said.
I've been collecting most of this for years, so I figure I'll share it. At worst, if something ever happens to my drives here at home I can always depend on others to get it back.
I'm going to go into a bit more on the exact content of these folders. I hope folks aren't terribly disappointed.
The audiobooks are VBR bitrate at a max of 48 kbps. Which, when you think about it, is still an awful lot.
Music is, again, VBR with the max bitrate being I believe 128 kb/s ogg. I personally couldn't tell much of a difference.
Movies and tv are 80 KB/s mp3. Any higher and I'd have had to buy even more hard drives to store everything. As it is, the current count is 1.8 tb of tv and 300 gb of movies. Documentaries are, by the way, in movies, not TV. Most of these are converted by yours truly and directly from video, at that. Again, hopefully people aren't terribly put off by some of the bitrates. I tried to compromise as best I could with what I had available to me.
I should also add that resilio sync is also on mobile devices. Selective sync is also free on mobiles, too. And it's 100 percent accessible.
Hope I've answered some questions.

2016-11-11 22:42:38

Hey Wolfie,

Quick question. Can I link one device to another? Say ...I sync folders x, y and z on my pc, can I get the exact same config on my phone without having to add the folder keys again to my phone?

Zersiax

2016-11-11 22:42:54

hi,
how do you open folder properties in the web gui?
When I press applications, the firefox context menu appears.  I want to selective sync the audiobooks folder.

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that."

2016-11-11 22:59:49

Hi,
Going to address each of these posts one by one.
Zersiax:
Yes you can. Go to options, my devices, and at the very bottom you can click on my devices.
Keep in mind, and this goes for anyone using the web gui, I'm using firefox and NVDA here, so your mileage with anything else may vary.
Once you click on link a device, there should be an option for mobile or desktop. Click mobile, and from there it should tell you to scan the code that shows up on the screen.
If not that, you can link it manually, which is the other option, which means you type in the key it gives you. This also goes for other computers as well, as long as you have one machine that's your main desktop or what not. Every folder that gets added, as long as all the computers used the same central key to connect, will be added to each other. Example:
You add laptop 1 and 2 to your desktops list of folders. The folders from desktop get transfered over to them. You add a folder on laptop 2, it also gets added, along with your default setting (selective sync, fully synced or disconnected) on laptop 1 and desktop.
Does that make sense?

enes:
OK, I'm going to get you to do a few things here first because I'm honestly not sure of the desktop keyboard command.
Using NVDA and firefox, go to the folder name you want to right click. Hit capslock (aka NVDA from now on) shift and m. This should focus that folder.
Now hit NVDA right bracket. At the very bottom of the screen you should see things like copy read only secret, selective sync on and off, disconnect, pause syncing of this folder, etc.
You might have to maximize the window, alt tab in and out of firefox etc to get the folder to focus when you hit NVDA shift m.
I hope that helps a little. It took me ages to figure that little tidbit out.
By the way, I can't get this working in chrome or internet explorer and not sure why. Other screen readers mileages may vary too! I can try jaws when I get a bit of time on my hands, too.

2016-11-12 02:56:16

Yup, you use your screenreader's actual right mouseclick command, I don't think applications key will work. Either that, or you left click it once and then click the options button that shows up to its right. I figured this out by mistake.
Also, when you have selective sync enabled for a folder, in the graphic it will say "selective sync" followed by off. I think this can be used to toggle it, but for the longest time I actually thought it meant selective sync was, in fact, off. It isn't, that actually means its on. If you don't hear selective sync, it's off. To clarify, I am talking about the little graphic to the left of each folder which for example can also say 'read only'.

@timberwolf
Yep, that made perfect sense. I couldn't seem to get the 'devices' tab to activate on iOS but I'll try again smile

2016-11-12 03:40:53

Hi,
If you need me to I can give it another shot. I actually tend not to add all the folders from my computer to my phone, since I have over 30.
One nice thing on the phone, though, is they default to disconnected. Once you enable selective sync, there's a weird button right next to the folder (or in the menu of the folder) that lets you turn selective sync off and sync everything.
Also, when you add new secrets or connect a folder, there are checkboxes in that diologue that allow you to turn selective sync on or off. Both of them will appear to be checked, so just hit space on the one you want. Note that NVDA's focus mode and jaws forms mode will need to be disabled for this to work.
Hope that helps!

2016-11-12 04:30:41

Hello.

I have some questions before I decide to try the up to date version of BT sync again:

1. What are the advantages over using the latest version of BT sync compared to the version I'm using now?

2. Does selective sync mean that I can choose what I want to sync? For example I could sync the text folder and get it to download the fastest as it is the smallest folder?

3. If I choose to use the newest version of BT Sync, will I have to delete all the folders from my external hard drive and start all over again? IF so, I think I'll stick with this version for now as I've downloaded quite a bit of content and wouldn't want to start all over again.