2016-10-20 19:33:38

it is very accessible with nvda on my end. try navigating with the object navigator if tab and shift tab don't work. clicking one of the items should make the window focused and the buttons should be available with tab and shift tab after that.

“Get busy living or get busy dying.”
Stephen King

2016-10-20 20:18:26 (edited by Figment 2016-10-21 01:21:21)

Sorry, I'm not at all familiar with NVDA, just telling me to use the object navigation key isn't helpful, and unless I decide to switch to NVDA as my primary screen reader, I'm not inclined to wade through it's documentation just to find one key.

After fussing with it for a while and getting nowhere, I gave up on NVDA and the BTSync add-on as useless. At least with JAWS I had some access using the touch curser.

Some documentation for this program would be really helpful, but after some more exploring using JAWS' convenient OCR function, I figured out that you apparently don't add or remove devices, but instead you add or remove folders.

I also figured out that the reason two devices are showing up is because the local folder isn't empty, so the local PC is created as a device to check if any of the files in the local folder need to be synced to the remote folder. Until I hear different, that is what I am going to assume is going on.

---

Confirmed, as soon as the number of files to sync reached 0, the second device, which was my local folder, disappeared from the device list.

It takes a while to get there, but my download speed right now is just over 1 MB per second. Not too shabby, I guess.

2016-10-21 06:37:01

If you run BTSync as a software service, you can use your normal web browser for the interface.

I'm not sure which version you need to have to do this, I know it's one of the later versions, because from version 2 up, it's not accessible for some reason, yet if you install it as a software service and run it that way it is.

No scripts or addons needed.

The interface is just like any other webpage.

Setting it up however can be a little tricky.

You need to know the name of your windows profile folder.

A bit of jumping through hoops if you ask me, I'm just glad I was able to get it to work.

Sadly you can't pick what you want to download with these things, it's all or nothing.

I was once part of a folder that had a bunch of NVDA addons, but left it because people were uploading crap that had nothing to do with NVDA.

2016-10-21 15:20:11 (edited by Figment 2016-10-21 21:14:47)

I saw that, but thought that was only for Linux.  Does it work with Windows too?

I could check this myself but I already have version 1.3.109.0 installed and running. The installer for it didn't offer installing it as a service, and since it is the only version I can access with JAWS, I don't want to replace it unless I know for certain that the version I install can be accessed through my browser.

---

Unfortunately, it appears that BTSync isn't designed to be stopped and restarted very often, such as daily, because it's been running for six hours today and hasn't downloaded a single byte despite having four other devices to sync with.

Since I'm not inclined to leave my computer on for the nine days it would probably take to download the entire folder, I am going to have to pass on this.

Considering it's size, it would have been far better if the original bit torrent had been used.

2016-10-22 16:22:31

A note for those of you downloading this folder.

From my previous posts, you can see that because of problems with BTSync, I gave up after download about 70GB or about 850 files. BTSync seemed stuck, it ran for six hours and didn't download a single byte.

After comparing the list of files I got with the Blind Movie Vault, only two files appeared to be something the movie vault didn't have, one of those turned out to be a single episode of a TV show the movie vault already had, and the other wasn't audio described.

Pretty disappointing.

2016-11-11 03:08:30

Hi,
So, for those that don't know, I'll update things here.
I'm not sure how many people have managed to upgrade to the new sync - as it's now called resilio sync.
Anyway, if you haven't, there's now something called sync pro. This allows you to download all the directory and file structure without actually downloading the files to your machine. To do so, all you need to do is go to the file or folder in question, right click, and hit sync to this device.
If the files aren't actually there, they have a placeholder extension. In this case, it would be timberwolf001.mp3..rsls, which I guess stands for resilio sync. Anyway, this file starts out to be 0 bytes, even if the actual mp3 was 500 MB. Clicking sync to this device will simply connect to everything else that has it and download it to your machine.
I hate sendspace - but a lot of people still use it, sadly, despite this, in my opinion, superior option.
Sync pro is $45 I believe for a lifetime license. I've been using it since late 2015 and have no complaints.
I should also add that the new sync interface, if installed as a service, is 100 % accessible via a web interface.

Something something something insert canine related comment here