2016-07-24 17:19:57

[announcement] from SDF Supreme Commander Nathan Smith: hello folks! Fresh off the press this one, I bring you, micro drones! what do they do? If your ship is shot at, say by an enemy war cruiser, and the damage is great than 1000, if you have a micro drone, it will launch, and take the full force of the hit for you! These are really great for blocking what would otherwise be a deadly shot. The number of drones you have shows in your ship status and you can buy more at the repairs upgrade store on upgrade mania. Enjoy, and happy killing!

Nathan Smith
Managing Director of Nathan Tech
It's not disability
It's ability!

2016-07-24 18:30:46

SDF Supreme Commander Nathan Smith: hello players. To enhance roleplay that little bit more, I have added the @jobrole command, this allows you to set a job for your character. Just to avoid duplicates, we check over the role and approve it, but once approved, it is a great rp boost! It currently appears in your info. Thanks!
SDF Supreme Commander Nathan Smith: hello folks! So about those voluntary profiles you guys have done. They now have a purpose! As you probably know, on Science Core hq, there is an information center. Typing lookup in that room will allow you to look up the information of a player. Certain details can be hidden in your options menu, and having your profile on display is completely optional. This should really enhance roleplay, and I really hope you enjoy!

I also added in the change logs, the option to set your own date of birth.

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

2016-07-24 19:40:43

[announcement] from SDF Supreme Commander Nathan Smith: hello folks! As requested, we now have yet another type of starship weapon, this one known as blades! how they work: blades extend around your ship, and as you move, they slice into other starships. note: they do not distinguish between allied and enemy. They do, however, slow you down quite majorly. Enjoy these weapons of mass destruction.

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

2016-07-24 20:55:28

[announcement] from SDF Supreme Commander Nathan Smith: hello players! I have added a gravity pulse cannon! It does extreme damage, and so is quite a high level starship weapon. It can be found on upgrade mania. I have also added the blades to the status reports, and the new weapons to the weapons reports. Enjoy!

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

2016-07-24 21:09:04

hi all.

I don't understand the readme of the sound pack. I simply don't understand. Can some one write here how to set up the sound pack but in simpel way? Please, I want to have sounds in this awesome game!

Don't care.

2016-07-24 22:06:11

o, i am using vipmud 2.0.

Don't care.

2016-07-24 23:00:18

[announcement] from SDF Supreme Commander Nathan Smith: hello folks! I am proud to present: Player run clothing stores! These very simple, easy-to-use stores can be built on factories and allow players the unique opportunity to design, build and customize their own clothing, then sell it in their stores! We even have a parcial econemy system, in that you get charged for using materials when people make a purchase! Just imagine it, people wearing clothings you designed, right across the playerbase! Well make your dream come true and build a player run clothing store today! There is a help file on it, of course, and you can also customize the message you see when someone types list. I really hope you enjoy!

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

2016-07-24 23:02:20

Hi there lav.
What you have to do, as I understand it, is put the scripts folder, which is called cosmic rage, into your documents/vipmud folder, then copy the sounds folder into your documents/vipmud folder too.
I might be wrong, because I do not use VipMud2.0 but I hope this helps.
Do not be afraid to ask on the soundpacks channel in game too, simply type options to enable it, then sp hi to transmit.
Thanks!

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

2016-07-25 00:19:15

Getting even better.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2016-07-25 16:43:36

[announcement] from SDF Supreme Commander Nathan Smith: hello folks. I bring you, an investment system! This system is yet another option for your informational computers. You can: invest money in stocks, withdraw money from stocks, view your stocks. Every 24 hours, you will either gain some money in stocks or lose money in stocks. Be warned! You can lose 100 percent of your invested stock money. Enjoy!

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

2016-07-26 02:34:50

Nice. Hopefully the investment system takes into account what the player base does. For example, if my factory loses, money, then wouldn't those who invested in it lose money? Anyway I did my first bit of combat today and found it interesting. Matter of fact, looking over as much of the game as I saw so far, I would have to say that at least some of the hosts are startrek fans. After all, there is warp, and phasers for one type of starship weapons. Just you watch, they might deside to use the shields as a weapon. I thought they did that in one startrek show, but I could be wrong.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2016-07-26 05:09:35

is there a free accessible mud client seeing i'm assuming this is a mud game.   it would be nice if i could play this on android so i could start on pc and continue that sort of thing but anyway, hope to hear soon from someone

2016-07-26 14:30:55

hi there
I believe mush client is free.

a
[announcement] from SDF Supreme Commander Nathan Smith: hello folks! I am proud to present, for you higher up factory people, the automatic salvaging upgrade! It can be found in the standard ship upgrades on upgrade mania. Enjoy!

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

2016-07-27 01:33:00

[announcement] from SDF Supreme Commander Nathan Smith: hi folks. You now have pockets on clothing that you wear on your legs, like jans. To put something in your pocket, just  type put <item> in <clothing>. To get something out, type pockets <clothing>. Enjoy!

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

2016-07-27 11:02:36

hey anything coming with regards to player building on planets and expanding local space?

2016-07-27 20:38:22

hi there
absolutely. We've got plans to expand on our factory system, originally we had an idea as follows:
moon bases: you go out, tractor beam in a moon, then haul it into local space and tether it it to a planet. You could then build on said moon and do as you please.
unfortunately, Prometheus has now got there base hauling? capturing? idea and we do not wish to copy them, so we've scrapped the idea.
We want to be unique in every way, and copying IS NOT our style. Period.

We do however have a new idea for our factories in which they will be ranked according to style, effort, description and all that. This ranking will then allow you to expand to a starbase, a space station and then a planet.
It is still very much a hosts discussing it idea, but we do intend on implementing it in the near future.
until then though, you can still expand your factories up to 50 rooms.

As for expanding local space, we now have our PVP sector, which while ooc, it brings our sectors up to 33.
I've also got a new race idea running around in the back of my mind and an awesome rp event too, so that would be an expansion for local space.

Further more we also have this new idea in a rather commical announcement by yours truly:
SDF Supreme Commander Nathan Smith: good evening folks! its evening game time, so there! anyway, good evening folks! I'm proud to present: gem attaching. Lame name right? anyway! points is! I've added this very cool command to the gems you mine with hand mining. The command is attach. Lame? na. Anyway what this does is it attaches a gem to an object in a special way: crush, hang or tie to. This is just for fun and can really help to personalise your items. For example: I now have an info computer that has a diamond crushed into the case. Sweeet! enjoy!

Thanks a lot

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

2016-07-27 22:17:19

Interesting. I am betting that that will be coppied too. LOL. Star bases, nice.

DropBox Referral

2016-07-27 22:48:48

probably. sad

[announcement] from SDF Supreme Commander Nathan Smith: hi folks! For even more realism, you now get fat! You heard me. When eating, you now get fat! The fatness of your character increases over time and the fatter you get, the slower you move. So, how do i check my fatness? type fat! how do I get rid of fat? type workout! Enjoy! help file soon to follow

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

2016-07-28 00:05:29

[announcement] from SDF Supreme Commander Nathan Smith: hello players! Each planet now requires a different amount of heat shield level for landing and launching. You can tell how much a planet needs by scanning it and looking for the atmosphere class. You will need to raise your heat shields to the class times 100. Enjoy!

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

2016-07-28 02:00:24

[announcement] from SDF Supreme Commander Nathan Smith: good evening folks! I am proud to present, our ninth starship weapon! This one is known as the lightning lasers. It does 2500 damage to each ship but does not distinguish between allies and enemies. What is the main advantage of this weapon though, you may ask. Well, each shot fires a net of laser beams which start at the point you fire at and create a 20 by 20 by 20 cube of damage. therefore, if you had a couple ships close to each other, the lasers would hit them all with 2500 damage! Enjoy and happy blasting!

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

2016-07-28 02:38:41

Interesting changes. Newbies need to be aware of the land and launch problems that the different atmosphere classes could cause seeing that some ships can be bought on planets. I started off on star command, and that was where I did buy my first shuttle, so not knowing about the atmosphere classes wouldn't had been a problem. Later on , I found one other place I could get the shuttle and there the atmosphere class would be something I would need to know about before launching. Yes, I know I can find out IC what the different classes are but it is something that should be made clear in the help files. No, I am not saying that you should give away the different class level at all. Just that newbie may need to be awhere that they will need heat shields on the way up and on the way down and should ask if they are on the ground  and haven’t launched in their first ship. One other thing, it would have been nice if the help files had a comment in it about not wondering into big fat stars. LOL. I sort of had to use the word fat in my post to didn’t I? As for the weapon, very interesting. I would sort of like seeing that in action. Now my mind turns to deep space exploration. I do wonder if you thought much about fuel and other star ship needs while out far? There is the scoop, and we can carry some warp crystals in our backpacks and the like, but are there other starship needs that haven’t been thought about yet? I would think that spending days if not weeks on end in a ship far out could kill you in some way. For example, the air you breathe, wouldn’t that go bad on you? I would think that there is a point where your radio would not reach local sectors. I would also think that the farther out you go, the more likely you would want to stock up your ship with food, but maybe I am wrong there. It seems like I am missing something that I just can’t put my finger on. As for other things I would like to see, how about holograms? They could be used to send a 3d picture of yourself to other people and maybe can be used as a part of a communications device for your ship. I haven’t worked out that in my mind just yet. If you are thinking of other races, how about a borg like type race? The seemly star trek theme of this mud seems to bring the borg to my mind along with using shields for weapons. LOL. Yes this mud is sort of interesting, but could feel grindy at spots and knowing when to move on to something else could be problems for some.

DropBox Referral

2016-07-28 08:19:55

Just wow, all those new things. I haven't had time to play the game for too long, but there is a lot to get used to. big_smile

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2016-07-28 14:14:14

[announcement] from SDF Supreme Commander Nathan Smith: hello folks! I am proud to bring you our all new enemy intellegence. What they used to do: launch, kill enemies, land. What they now do: launch, kill enemies, look for empty sectors, jump to the sector, kill enemies, look again. If no empty ones are found, they jump into the sector with the least amount of players in. When they are killing enemies instead of killing at random, they also now target the hardest ship, so if you had 50 fighters, 3 war cruisers and a mothership in the area, they'd take out the mothership first. Enjoy!

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

2016-07-28 19:49:47

[announcement] from SDF Supreme Commander Nathan Smith: hello folks! As you may have seen if you were in that demonstration, cosmic rage has a new jump system. This one works on rifts, rather than jump space. AI ships will still use jump for a while, until i switch them across, but for the players we now have the planetary rifts. the command is plan, to jump, and secjump to see a list of available destinations. I'd appreciate your feedback, and enjoy!

This opens the ability to jump to your own factory directly, along with so many other possibilities!

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

2016-07-29 01:34:21

hi there again.   I think I have mush c but theres a game in place of it already.   I am rather new to the mud world so i'm not sure ware I can put info to change to another title sense that one is already there.   i'd be interested in anyone who cares to email or pm me to help a brother out.   grins:   thanks.