2017-01-30 14:20:14

Hello...
Sorry, maybe someone were asking for it already but... Can I get a link on soundpack? I can't connect to the game cause I wasn't there for long, long time, so I'm not sure how can I get this pack. And yeah, creating a pack for mush z would be just marvelous. I'm not against vipmud, I don't like it but... Well, will not get offtopic big_smile Just in my opinion mush z is much easy to use, and has awsome features at some point. I'd creat a soundpack if I'd know lua, or what ever is there being used, enough. I know how to make triggers though, but other things which should be included there...
I'd be very greatful if someone would post a link on soundpack here or send me via pm. Thanks in advance, and have a good day!

Sincerely yours... Lucy.

2017-01-30 14:25:09

Also, one more question, or rather favour... I had an account in this game, but I forgot the password for it, and, I don't know if there is a function to restore it or I'll just have to creat a new one. I've got an email that now the game requires your email address, so I'm not sure what to do, and if the function of resetting password isn't there, can I ask for my account removel? I'd provide any needed info. And will recreat it again after.

Sincerely yours... Lucy.

2017-01-30 14:39:44

heya big_smile
unfortunettly, the mush  soundpack is still under  developmen, not sure when it will be out.
if you want, I could post the link for the vip soundpack
I agree, I kindda love mush more then vip...

2017-01-30 17:37:10

Hello. Can someone tell me step by step how to configure vipmud with sounds and all stuf? I tryed but can't make the soundpack acting.

2017-01-30 19:12:00

big_smile Thanks Jason, I'd appreciate that. And waiting for mush z soundpack! tongue
And Bogdan, unfortunately I can't remember how to set it up, I had instructions but as I removed the soundpack, they are gonn as well. If I'll get it again I'll try to explain how to make it working.

Sincerely yours... Lucy.

2017-01-30 20:37:37

I wonder if @nathantech would be so kind as to create a web-based client for casmic rage? That way, I can play it on my Android phone with a Bluetooth keyboard. There is no accessible MUD clients for Android.

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2017-01-31 05:28:39

Where are the soundpacks for this mudd?

"I've learned that this life's not just a game, just a line, between the pleasures and the pain." - Aaron Lewis

2017-01-31 05:33:09

well yeah i hope mush soundpack will coming soon. and btw here is the link for current official soundpack for vip.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/s0bb327abbsxi … 7.zip?dl=1

I'm sorry for my english. Because it isn't my native language

2017-01-31 17:37:08

One thing I will say that I'm really liking thus far, is the fact that game suggestions are very much being taken up by the admins.
I have been dropping in to review the changelog, and am noticing changes to stuff that myself and other players suggested, which is great and is the sort of thing which really will make the game thrive and encourage people to come back.

In particular, I'm pleased how extra help files and assistance files are beeing added on matters that have confused myself and others who might have less experience with space mudds, and these are more than a tocan gesture, indeed I love the fact that when I logged in today I see help on ugprades is being added.

So, hurrah for making the game better big_smile.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-01-31 18:01:45

Hello everyone
Ok first let me just say how absolutely wonderful it is to see all of you working together, helping each other to get onto the cosmic RAge game.
First:
@Luciana Hi there!
If you go to our logon screen, via cosmicrage.nathantech.net port 7777, there is an option in the menu called login assist.
If you enter one of those, we'll recover your account information for you quicker than you can say merlins beard!

@people who want mush pack
I've actually made me a basic pack for mush, but can not, for the life of me, figure out how to do non absolute paths.
Just as soon as I have figured out how to do non absolute paths, I'll have a basic pack, mainly channel sounds, for people to make life easier.
I believe two players are also working on a mush pack, but that is just here say.

@devinprater
I'd never actually considered a web based client and shall perhaps look into such a thing!
I believe the mud connecter[tmc] has a tellnet thing imbedded into there sight, though I don't know how good it is.

Finally
@bogdan
If you download the pack posted in 309, unzip it,,
enter cosmic rage/help files, and there is a file in their called readme. simply give that a read and you'll know what to do!

Finally, some changes!

nate: heylo folks! So, I've just added a very cool section to the info computer called debris centers. AS you might expect, this shows a table of either factory selling prices for debris per unit, or planet and space station. But nate, planet and space station debris centers pay all the same, right? right? I mean sure it scales with level, but only up to 100 right? right? actually...no, as of now, every 30 minutes the planets and space statins around the galaxy wil vary their debris price per unit. This is viewable via your info computer, so I hope you enjoy!

nf now tells you what type of field it has found as well as the other shtuf nate
toppings and flavors now appear in the name of the item you add to your cafe nate
you can now customise your PA speakers by buying one from the starship gadgets store on star command nate
star probes will now tell you, if you have star gear, the number of star probes you have nate
added the idea ooc social nate
added the uHelp command. This will be used as a section for help on what each upgrade does. I have put one file in already, and will do more tomorrow nate

Nathan Smith
Managing Director of Nathan Tech
It's not disability
It's ability!

2017-01-31 19:02:45

Hello. Of corse that I downloaded the file, I tried to follow the instructions but no sounds. Simply, i put the files in the vipmud folder from documents but no sounds.

2017-01-31 19:49:32

I personally really like the debris centers idea, it's going to make life much more interesting and potentially prophetable than just chucking my salvage at any old planet.
You might also consider doing this for orbit salvage too.

I'll be giving this a try as soon as I've bought the right cargo upgrades for my asteroid hauler, since yes, weerdly enough it still! seems the hauler is the best ship out there in terms of defense and docking, and it just needs a cargo bay to make it useful for other stuff like salvage etc.

The db page has had to wait a little while since first we had all the site and database issues, then I left the description back on my desktop while I visit my parents, but it'll be up next week.
I do want to add in some important information like where to get soundpacks and find help in the game so new players can start in as soon as possible.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-01-31 19:56:58

@Luciana:
oh there you go, the link is on percy's post

2017-01-31 22:40:09

Doh, well my asteroid hauler slammed streight into a nebula field and now I need to start all over again.

I feel a little discouraged actually since one thing I will say is buying and upgrading ships in the game is not so much fun, as there are only so many things you can upgrade, and even the shipinfo command doesn't give info on ships making ship buying a bit of a tortuous process where you by a ship, try it out, and find what inadequacies it has and then have to fly to three or four different planets to buy upgrades for activities, assuming you have the levels. Eg, the problem I had with a frigate not having weapons or defenses.

Descriptions of what ships are intended for would really! speed this up. I'd also appreciate as I suggested in the suggestions box, a way to actually see if your ship's course is going to slam you streight into a nebula field (since really you should be able to just look on the view screen and see as much).

2017-02-01 00:45:49

Hi there dark
Not sure if you saw, but here are two announcements that were made today
nate: as of player request, I have added a system called nearby field announcements. This system, as you go through space, announcements every 30 seconds if a field is nearby, and how close it is, providing it is less than 150 units from your ship. If it gets closer than 30 units, it announces every 5 minutes. This system can be toggled in the ships systems command, and is disabled by default.
nate: hello folks! Just to make ground combat that little bit more interesting, you can now take cover in certain rooms! Cafes, shops, hangars, garages and landing pads currently offer objects for you to take cover behind. Taking cover means you dive behind something, using it for protection. It won't last long, so make sure you do what ever it is you need to do, and quickly! ATtacking something or leave the room causes you to break cover. To take cover, type take-c. Enjoy!

also, have you tried setting your autostop?

Nathan Smith
Managing Director of Nathan Tech
It's not disability
It's ability!

2017-02-02 08:19:38

Greetings.
Unfortunately, I can't download the soundpack, not sure why it fails though. Will search for a better solution I guess. sad
And thanks Nathan! Will do when will have a possibility to enter there.

Sincerely yours... Lucy.

2017-02-02 19:43:15

hey guys, I want to ask, is there other ways peapols know that I smuggling?
Note 1: Sometimes, planetary flight controls can se you smuggling, and will yell about it.
Note 2: no matter what your pvp is set to, while smuggling, people are able to shoot you down.
Note 3: If you scan a ship and it is smuggling, this information will show up at the bottom of the description.
do SDF/host  members have his/her other way to discover if I smuggling?
I asked this because I am keep getting cot by them, I already tryed a most sneaky trick but they still discover it...

2017-02-02 20:49:21 (edited by Exodus 2017-02-02 20:53:36)

Smugglings unbalanced, I wouldn't bother with it. The rewards are barely worth anything, and SDF members will always catch you, even if they're sitting on their asses in a completely different sector. They will then remove billions from you magically, the number of billions being directly proportional to how dickish they are feeling at that particular moment. I did write an extremely detailed ideas post on how the system could be made fairer, but alass... It was not to be.
Edit:
This was my experiences smuggling, circa november of last year. If there have been changes to the activity since then, the above might not be as accurate. It did happen, however.

Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.

2017-02-02 21:38:34

lol yeah, I didn't get how the hek they could suddenly grab my credits rofl

2017-02-03 01:25:09

Hi.

I'd not seen the announcement, but the fields nearby sounds like a good thing.
As for autostop, I don't tend to find that helps since mostly I slam into fields because I'm on course and have miscalculated where the field is, or because a new field has hove into scan range as I'm  trying to get to where I'm going, or, as on one notable occasion in my friggate, I was being chased by a hole bunch of vacus ships which I could do nothing about since I had no weapons or cloak or anything.
Hopefully though the fields nearby will help clear this up though.

I have one question about taking cover.
Firstly,  can you take cover in mission rooms? If so, it might be a way to deal with those droids and their infinite stun ability.
Secondly, I'll be interested to see if this also pressages my assassination missions idea coming into play.

2017-02-03 12:28:42

Hello,
I'm finally getting round to joining.  I'm loving the atmosphere so far, and I'm not out of character creation yet!  expect lots of newbesh questions, and I can't wait to get started.

2017-02-08 18:13:08

Hi.

Well I've finally got off my rear and done a db page for cosmic rage, find it here 
Actually this did take longer than I thought, partly because of the forum shenanigans, and partly because my wife and I were away staying with my parents up until last Sunday and like a dope I didn't take my partly done Cosmic rage entry with me to work on.
Oh well, it's up now, hopefully this will attract some more players.

2017-02-11 11:19:25

Hello... Sorry but... Would it be possible to add some links or bt sinc key on (won't matter which) soundpack on your site in a dedicated section? I still can't download it using the link which someone posted here a while ago sad  And I'm not sure how can I get it though. So cause of that I've got a question... Is it possible, without log in with your char to get links for those soundpacks?
Thanks in advance!

Sincerely yours... Lucy.

2017-02-11 11:46:54

here is the things when you type @soundpacks on the game
btSync pack for cosmic rage developed by Erra Blue and nathan Smith can be downloaded from BQTWQAZMPQ63OS5AJNKZB5PVDPYCZVPEH
Official VipMud Soundpack developed by Nathan Smith and Erra Blue can be downloaded from https://www.dropbox.com/s/s0bb327abbsxi … 7.zip?dl=1
Unofficial CR Soundpack developed by Jesse can be downloaded from B4VVSC2NUXM4NTPWSHEQV64E54SCZNV5S
unofficial cosmic rage soundpack developed by Sierra Gar can be downloaded from https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/362 … icpack.zip

2017-02-12 10:41:56

Thank you so much! I appreciate it a lot really, as I were struggling with this the whole week big_smile I now can proceed with new links ll

Sincerely yours... Lucy.