2016-02-26 20:29:29

Someone is spending lots of time in the lab! How long is it taking you to come up with these combos? I'll keep these in mind for sure, but in a real match I probably wouldn't use upwards of five hits or so. lol Love these! Thanks!

Discord: clemchowder633

2016-02-27 01:22:27

how is everyone finding it? how is the stereo?

2016-02-27 03:22:52

Cammy
  • Activate V Trigger

• Jump Forward, QCB+Kick (switch sides)

• Standing MP

• Standing HP

• QCF + Kick (switch sides)

• QCF X2 + Kick

• Jump in, HK

• Standing MP

• Standing HP

• V Trigger

• Standing HP

• QCF + Kick

• QCF X2 + Kick

I do enjoy labbing up in fighting games. I'll often take characters into training mode and play with them for a while, just testing out button timings, links, properties, etc. Karin's combo took me relatively little time to make because I'd already known some of her button properties from messing aorund with her before. Cammy took longer because today's the first day I'm actually labbing her buttons.

Kai

Spill chuck you spots!

2016-02-27 06:08:33

Curious, are you setting the computer to autoguard after the first hit in your link if you mis the second one? SF V has pretty lenient on timings in most cases anyway... so they aren't as hard to do as those damned 1 framers in SF 4. If you aren't using autoguard, are you taking advantage of frame data? I love labbing with characters as well, just don't have the time anymore.

2016-02-27 13:28:57

Yep. Set the dummy to auto guard after the first hit, stun meter off, and for the sake of the combo recordings, I set the meters to full on start, so the game doesn't bombard my recording with meter refill sounds. The one aspect of labbing I'm missing is how best to combo from crush counters. Will work on that sometime.

Spill chuck you spots!

2016-02-27 15:27:08

Remind me what a crush counter is and I may be able to think of something. lol It's early in the morning and I haven't talked serious about fighting games in quite a while. hahaha.

2016-02-27 22:24:31

Crush counters are a new mechanic in SFV that let you counter your opponent's normals with one of your own. They're tied to specific normals -- Ken, for example, can crush counter if he hits the opponent with a standing HK or crouching HP while the opponent is attacking. A crush counter opens the opponent up for a followup combo or attack, but the window is sometimes small. That, along with my lack of familiarity with them, means I've not yet learned how best to exploit them.

Kai

Spill chuck you spots!

2016-02-28 09:15:39

Ai right. That would explain why I didn't look into that one... I've done a lot of those accidentally, just need a list of normals that have CH properties.

2016-02-28 21:11:25

keep the combos and tips coming guys.....and for a little heads up for those who don't know, you can purchase season1 of characters for 30bucks......this pack includes 6throwback fighters such as guile, ryan for sf3 and others....and yes these fighters we be available now, do get it confused with the dlc fighters that are coming out every month

can i get a peace double harmony burger? no chaos

2016-02-29 03:26:39

There is no character named Ryan... and those characters aren't actually available right now, though the season pass is. All this basically does is eliminate the need for fight money to be spent to buy these characters. they will be released one at a time at the rate of one per month as Capcom themselves have outlined. sorry if I seem like I'm being contradictory, just trying to put out accurate information according to the latest I've read. The six dlc characters aren't available at the moment, otherwise everyone would be using them online.

2016-02-29 20:06:56 (edited by FamilyMario 2016-02-29 20:07:54)

I'm guessing he means either Urien or Alex, both of which are from SF3 and who are supposedly going to appear in SFV.

2016-02-29 22:36:15

They've been confirmed by capcom to appear, we just don't know what the release order is. Alex is coming out first is all that I know at the moment.

2016-03-01 01:14:08

yes I meant urine....and to my knowledge, there were 6fighters released for 30bucks outside of the dlc that is suppose to be coming out, but who knows I may be mistaken, i'll look more into this tonight

2016-03-01 07:20:52

No. the Season pass is just a way to get the 6 fighters quickly, with out using fight-money.

You can add me on Steam.
Here is my Twitch profile page Follow me if you want.
You can also follow me on Twitter.
Kong!

2016-03-01 20:48:43

yes you all are correct, I was mistaken

2016-03-02 02:06:51

I am going to get street fighter V on steam, and When I install the game on steam after purchasing it, will the game work on windows 7?
the graphics card that this computer has, is NVIDIA GeForce GT 420.
the system type I'm using is 64bit.
does the game require 7,027.1 MB of disk space?
is the game going to lag? because ultra street fighter IV does not lag.
will I be able to use the OCR to play the game on steam?
I was able to use the OCR for NVDA with ultra street fighter IV.
oh yeah, and the model of this computer is h8-1010, the processor is Intel (R)Core (TM)i5-2390t, the CPU is at 2.70GHZ, the ram for the computer I'm using is 8.00GB, and the system type is 64-bit.
Please let me know if I have to either turn down the resolution display settings in windows 7 control Panel or not.

2016-03-02 09:53:44

The only thing that may give you problems with the game is your graphics card, and maybe your processor. Ultra Street Fighter was pretty ok about not actually meeting system specks. Street Fighter V on the other hand is kind of picky.
Speaking of OCR, the OCR for NVDA isn't that great with Street Fighter V. I heard that the jaws OCR works pretty ok though.

You can add me on Steam.
Kong!

2016-03-02 20:02:23 (edited by Nick 2016-03-02 22:49:53)

you know what?
I am going to buy street fighter V on steam.
the price of the game on PC is $59.99.
do I have to update my graphics card for the game to run smoothly?
why does the game look picky?
maybe I should install it on my HP notebook laptop and see what happens.
the graphics card on my laptop should be up to date.
plus, do you have the game on your Pc, and what are your system specs?

2016-03-04 01:22:19

I did update my graphics card.
I went into device manager, found NVidiaGeForce GT420, clicked update driver.
the update driver wizard downloaded the new software and then it told me that windows has determined that the software is up to date.
could I try and play street fighter V with no problem?

2016-03-04 03:16:29

Just go and find the specks online for Street Fighter V. if your specks do not meet the required specks then, you shouldn't waste money on the game.

You can add me on Steam.
Kong!

2016-03-04 03:58:03

I went and found the PC specs needed to run street fighter V.
the specs are as follows.
• Recommended: Windows 7 64-bit
Processor
• Minimum: Intel Core i3-4160 @ 3.60GHz
• Recommended: Intel Core i5-4690K @3.50GHz
Memory
• Minimum: 6 GB DDR3
• Recommended: 8 GB DDR3
Graphics
• Minimum: Nvidia GTX 480 (or higher)
◦ Nvidia GTX 570 (or higher)
◦ Nvidia GTX 670 (or higher)
◦ Recommended: GTX 960
Network
• Broadband Connection Required
DirectX Version
• Minimum: DirectX 11
• Recommended: DirectX 11
Sound Card
• Minimum: DirectX compatible soundcard or onboard chipset

2016-03-04 05:08:57

Well then, there's your answer.

You can add me on Steam.
Kong!

2016-03-05 01:39:43

Rainbow Mika
  • Jump in HK

• Standing MP

• Forward + MP

• Forward + MP

• Forward + HP

• V Trigger

• Hold HK

• QCF + two punches or QCF + two kicks

Spill chuck you spots!

2016-03-30 12:08:30

question fighters, I'm starting to play the game more, and I notice that in this version of street fighter, you really can't throw out random special moves, they are easy to interrupt and punish, no matter if you perform them with low, med, or high, so does anyone have any tips on getting in close on your opponent to preform combos? also, i am terrible at drop kick over heads and cross ups, any tips on how i can connect these easier. i know sited players really don't have this problem

2016-04-29 10:05:29

hello fighters, whats your impressions of guile and alex thus far? and remember keep the combos tips and tricks coming