2015-08-27 22:23:05

Hi all
I'm interested about programing and I want to create a complete audiogame.
I tried autoit, but it has lot of limitations
Pure basic is greate, but it is not free.
Bgt is greate and free, but bgt's network functions are bad.
Visual basic... I thought it is easy and greate, but it was not for me. I don't know vb functions, classes, methods, etc. And I can't find a complete list of functions, classes, methods.
Python is good, but I can't use vb or python like autoit or bgt.
Can someone give me a complete list of functions in python or visual basic?
Someone might think "it is stupid request"
I'm really sorry if I annoying  someone, but please help me.
Thanks

2015-08-27 22:30:39 (edited by Kyleman123 2015-08-27 22:33:03)

why can't you use python or vb? there are great tutorials out there about python and others like it. try this one. its free on the web but you can buy it if you want.

I don’t believe in fighting unnecessarily.  But if something is worth fighting for, then its always a fight worth winning.
check me out on Twitter and on GitHub

2015-08-28 00:21:25

hi
This is greate, but I also want to get a complete list of functions, built in classes and their methods in python or vb.net
Because, when you writing code, you might forgot some functions or methods. And it can cause an error if you forgot an important function.
For this reason, I always open a help file with list of all functions, detailed descriptions, and some examples
In autoit and bgt, there are complete list of functions
In python, there are lots of help files, but I think the functions list is not completed
In visual basic, c#, c++. They don't have a complete list of functions, built in classes, and their methods
If I was wrong, please give me a complete list of functions in python or vb.net that I said before.
Thanks

2015-08-28 00:44:56

Hello.
Here is the reference manual of the Python standard library, wich documents all
built-in functions and library modules available.
http://docs.python.org/2.7/library/
You can find it in the python documentation wich comes with the installer too.
Hope this helps.

2015-08-28 04:41:43

Wow this is awesome. Thank you very much.

2015-08-28 05:37:35

Hi Momo.
I know I'm going to make some people mad but stay away from autoit. It's a limited out of date language. And I'm not just saying that I know I've tried autoit. Python, vb, c#, java, the bgt engine, purebasic any of those are better than autoit.

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.
Aerodyne: first of the wizard order

2015-08-28 05:54:46

Hi gitarman
Autoit has lots of limitations, but autoit is not out of date language. Autoit is still going now
And yes, autoit is really bad for making games, but autoit is really good for automating some tasks.
It's the autoit's purpose.
And autoit is the easiest language I've ever seen.

2015-08-28 06:29:28

Hello Momo.
Do you know what autoit was originally made for? To automate windows tasks like opening notepad windows and that sort of thing. The developers got a lot of feedback and feature requests so it qrew into something bigger. Really if you look into it's history it was never designed for anything but to automate windows.
The reason I'm trying to steer you away from autoit is because it isn't multi-purpose like other languages. With other languages like python or vb you can do just about anything yoz can imagine and some things you couldn't imagine.
I don't know much about programming I can barely write 2 lines of code but I've worked on programming in the past. I did try autoit years ago because I heard it was easy I could barely read the code it was basically unreadable to me. I like python because it's like reading text. If you really want to use autoit nobody can stop you I just wouldn't recommend it for anything and definitley not for a full audio game. You ask 10 different programmers what's the best programming language you'll get 10 different answers. Use whatever programming language makes you happy and makes you excited to program.

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.

2015-08-28 06:50:17

hi
Yes, autoit is bad for actual programing
So I've dropped it already
I'm trying to use python, with the awesome help file that thggamer gave me. It is awesome. I'll look it now

2015-08-28 07:16:35

Yeah python is pretty much good for, well everything almost lol. I'll try to relearn python if I can, I can help you with gaming stuff. You should get pygame and pyglet you put them together in a python program and you've got one hell of a game engine. Also there's a thing called pyaudiogame that frastlin made I believe although I'm not sure if it's still in development.
If you do get pygame and pyglet just be careful they both manage sounds differently so you'll have to pick which one you want to manage sounds with.
Hth.

Guitarman.

2015-08-28 08:37:34

Wouldn't necessarily recommend mixing both Pygame and Pyglet together, both are pretty feature rich in themselves. Pyglet can also handle low level OpenAL and positional audio if you want to get fancy, but the convience functions can only handle basic audio reliably.

A few other audio libraries you can look at are Pyttsx which can handle speech synthesis using system sounds. There's also PyAL which is a thin wrapper around OpenAL, not well documented but solid. Your probably better off going with Pyglet though since it handles key/mouse input, windowing, etc and you can do just as much low level OpenAL as in PyAL anyway.

-BrushTone v1.3.3: Accessible Paint Tool
-AudiMesh3D v1.0.0: Accessible 3D Model Viewer