2007-10-10 04:42:57

Please help!  I beg of you!  Ok, this is what happens, when I start Grizzly Gulch it works, but if I leave it sitting there for a couple of minutes, or I hit alt-tab or something the game freezes, and I can't get anyware.  Please Help Me!

i used to take things in life for granted...
now i have a beautiful daughter, and she means the world to me.
(at 19, i can say this is harder than it sounds)

2007-10-10 12:57:47

Have you tried the patch for the game? I had some very similar issues with the game freezing (particularly in gunfights), before installing it.

apparently, there was some sort of conflict with Windows Xp, which is why Bavisoft released the patch.

Just go to http://www.bavisoft.com/chillingham.htm and you'll find it in the Grizly gulch section./

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2007-10-10 22:53:16

My computer has *completely* gone bananas, I can't get to the "which play are ya?" prompt without it freeziing... Will the patch fix this too?

2007-10-10 23:00:45

Hi. Well, I cant find the patch...

2007-10-10 23:08:20

Try the technical support page at
http://www.bavisoft.com/support.htm

Dratted navigation shortcut alt+D for download page stopped me from getting to the address bar, had to use the Jaws cursor *sighs*. I would have thought Bavisoft would have avoided combos which conflict.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2007-10-11 03:26:07

Hmmm Cx2, can't you just do alt to get you into the menue list, then curser along and T for tools? As a big fan of Wikipedia, that's what I always do with Hal, though for posting addresses, these days I just bring up the application menue and use "copy shortcut" on the link I want.

andy, I thought you'd already finished Gg, didn't it work properly the first time? The issue I had which the patch fixed was just after I'd installed the game.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2007-10-11 18:16:44

Can't find anything useful for finding the address under tools, I had said alt + D as in delta which is the address bar shortcut. Using tab for this worked, but it can get messy because it also moves around links.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2007-10-12 02:54:18

No, just started it... And now it won't even get passed that screen, so thanks i will try it... I wanna get going! with gg!