2015-08-03 15:59:34 (edited by ogomez92 2015-08-03 17:23:25)

Copter Mission
(designed by Oriol Gómez and Daniel Villalon)

America and China are at war, and America is winning! You are in command of an American helicopter designed for combat which has suffered heavy damages caused by a desperate Chinese attack in an attempt to turn the tables. One of your thrusters and your propulsion system is malfunctioning and so you decide that it is time to flee the scene.
You find yourself in a Chinese city in which you are slowly losing altitude. The only problem is... You are surrounded by buildings and Chinese helicopters which are looking for you, trying to mow you down despite you having abandoned the field. You will have to destroy the buildings and the enemy missiles, until you are able to land in a safer place. I hope you can survive this... Copter Mission. The Chinese are after you!

Disclaimer

This is only a game and should be treated as such. Neither Oriol Gómez or Daniel Villalon have anything against Americans or Chinese; We simply decided to put nations to make the game a little more fun, and because it fits the end of the game... You'll see when you finish it.

To grab the game, go to the usual place:
http://oriolgomez.com/en_games.php
Or download it here directly:
http://www.oriolgomez.com/files/td_en.zip
Enjoy!

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2015-08-03 16:16:51 (edited by adiluralbaev 2015-08-03 16:17:51)

Hello. The website is not this game. Where can I download the game?

Regards, Adil.

2015-08-03 16:17:35

I am putting it on the website, wait 5 minutes please.

2015-08-03 16:18:36

O, thank you!

Regards, Adil.

2015-08-03 16:32:24

It should now be on the website smile

2015-08-03 16:47:45

The download link on the website seems to return a 404 error just to let you know. I'm looking forward to trying the game. It sounds pretty promising. Interesting storyline...

Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company. - Mark Twain

2015-08-03 16:54:32

i tried to download game too and see this:
ERROR 404 - Not Found!
The following error occurred:
The requested URL was not found on this server.
Please check the URL or contact the webmaster.
Powered by ISPConfig
can fixed it?

2015-08-03 16:55:08

Nice idea and concept smile, but link to download this game currently doesn't work.

2015-08-03 16:57:36

Hello.
Thanks Oriol.
I'll try the game.
Greetings.

sorry my english, is not my native language.

2015-08-03 17:20:29 (edited by ogomez92 2015-08-03 17:22:52)

So sorry about the wrong link.
It is now fixed. the file is called td_en.zip
Please go download it smile
http://www.oriolgomez.com/files/td_en.zip

2015-08-03 18:13:35

Hi.

Thisis a great arcade stile game.

I've not beaten it yet and I don't think I will, but it's fun to try. smile

I'm gone for real :)

2015-08-03 19:41:03

sounds for this game is excelend!

2015-08-03 19:41:24

hello, firstly, this is a nice little game. I wonder if you have any plans for it, about expanding or adding content like more flying through areas like forests where you need to dodge the tops of trees while getting chased by more copters, and avoiding forest fires made by missiles, or or you racing against time where you lose altitude and are falling twards the otion, and you need to fight your way out of the level past swarms of enemy hellycopters? secondly, there's a bug. when you complete the game, you don't see the ending that the readme talks about, and you can't send your score. You just get put back into the main menu.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2015-08-03 20:10:26

Hi.
this is weird. I will look into the ending issue
Does the game give some sort of response before placing you into the main menu?
Do you get your stats at the end? Which level does it say you finished on?

2015-08-03 20:36:57

Hello,
The game is awesome Oriol, but, hey, the music while playing is familiar for me, I've heard it from a historical series that I love so much, and it's always be heard while a war or something like that. Would you mind tell me where did you got it from? since I thought this music is from their creation, or such an information can't be out? Anyways this game is great, continue your work.

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2015-08-03 20:52:49

Hi.
It's aprt of the 615music orchestral action. smile

2015-08-03 21:09:50

It doesn't give me any stats. Once I'm past 256, I get returned to the main menu without any warning what soever.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2015-08-03 21:43:47

I like this game but I have one question.
Why call it TD instead of CopterMission?
I think hitting the space bar stops the voice saying you need to read the read me file.
Why not call the file,
Instructions for playing the game.txt

2015-08-03 21:52:44

Because computer convention uses readme so often that mostly everyone should be familiar with it nowadays, whereas your proposal sounds a little too long to me. It would better suit the Programs menu icon or a desktop link rather than the file name itself, in my opinion. Although I seem to remember you like to use it in your games. :-) Besides, it's just a pretty insignificant cosmetic issue anyway, I think.
Thanks,
Lukas

I won't be using this account any more or participating in the forum activity through other childish means like creating an alternate account. I've asked for the account to be removed but I'm not sure if that's actually technically possible here. Just writing this for people to know that I won't be replying, posting new topics or checking private messages until the account is potentially removed.

2015-08-03 22:00:12

hey oriol, I don't get the ending as well when I complete the game.
all the game does is take me back to the main menu after I win, even though I managed to survive the fight.

2015-08-03 22:27:44

I'll look at it, sorry for that.

And the game is called td because in Spanish the game is called territorio desconocido, so its the abreviations from these two letters.

2015-08-04 01:53:28

Good game! I am some what disappointed that you don't actually get to fly the copter yourself. Also I think the bye bye you suck when you lose doesn't really make sense. Maybe a game over and a explotion, but depending on your score even if you don't manage to land it doesn't Necessarily mean you suck. If you did add in the ability to fly the copter the co pylet and other crew on the copter could give warnings such as colition warning. Also I could see hitting buildings as you got lower to the ground but why not make it other ships, as you are free falling? Just some thoughts. Thanks for the game!

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

2015-08-04 02:48:21

Hey Oriel

I'm happy to see a new title from you, it's been a while, and I gave you a thumbs up for it of course.
Also pretty cool to see the Collaboration between you and another developer in the Spanish community resulting in a fully formed game for both communities, things like that help bridge gaps, along with the games that you did your self in both languages before this. smile

This game is pretty fun, and the simple, classic arcade style, represented in aspects like the shared ammo pool, quick thinking action, keyboard commands that seem to emulate controllers or joysticks, and semi relaxed take on realism is cool to see, as someone who never really experienced the cabinet scene do to age.

I was happy to see that even though the read me didn't mention it, there was in fact a learn game sounds menu, though I think that a speaker test would be a nice addition as well.

I like the sounds, as always, and think it would be nice if the lower building sound came from the middle or left instead of the right, to make it a bit easier to react in time, but it isn't a huge deal to me.

Some Chinese city ambiance would be cool as a way to add flavor, since it would help reinforce the storyline, which by the way, I quite like, in terms of how it was thought out, considering past and current political tensions between the two countries, especially with NK being on the scene now, and everyone taking sides, even if it's just a show of rattled sabers...  tongue

Starting the action out a tad bit slower would probably help some people, but for me, the learning curve was pretty fast.  It's just a thing to keep in mind, however.

Even though this is a pretty small release, I think it could become another one of those addictive audio game classics like super Deekout, the egg hunt games, palace punch up, light cars, and others; the kind you pull out when your board and want some action, or just want to try to beat your friends high score at a party, the kind that tends to live on way past it's own time in the limelight.

Keep making great audio games in your free time, and don't ever lose that creative spark, your one of the few stable developers left that we can count on for the fun, challenging, high quality games that help to define the art in the first place.

2015-08-04 02:54:03

Awesome! will download it for sure!

2015-08-04 10:18:47

Hi
Thanks defender. Your encouraging words are highly motivating.

In regards to replayability, I am going to add a mode where you get random events, like waves of enemies, or a health bonus, things like that to make the game more fun, like thunderstorm, I don't know yet. smile

By the way I just posted an update which fixes  the ending.