2015-08-03 02:06:08

Hi, I need help for the channel history plugin for MC written by Tyler Spivy and Oriol Gomez. I know its in MUSHZ, so I'm sure someone knows how to use it. I can't get it to do anything when i set up a trigger for it, I'm not sure how to sort them out and there is hardly any doc to it. I know on the epitaph accessibility page, they talk about how to set it up and there is a %1 %2 and %3 but i don't know what those are accept that they're probably a placeholder for a variable or something, Please help, I need this to work. Oh and please provide detail, because I bad dumb, lols.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2015-08-05 17:54:56

Basicly, just set up your trigger like you normally would. Then tab over to the send box and type this
history_add All=%0
then tab to the send to box and select execute.
Alternatively if you want to script and then execute something, you would do this instead
Execute("history_add All=%0")
then tab to the send to box and select script.

The %0 will store the whole triggering line in the buffer. You can use %1 through %99 depending on how many wild cards are in your trigger. So for example you could have a triggering line like this.
You attack Bob with your gleaming sword of destruction for 999999 damage. What a blow!

Let's say that line is too long to have in your buffer, you could set your triggering line up to be something like this
You attack * with your * for * damage. *
You'd put that in your trigger box, and type this into the send box
Execute("history_add Damage=You delt %3 damage to %1")
then select script in the send to box.
The buffer would then store the following
You delt 999999 damage to Bob.
Notice, that I did Damage=, rather than All=. This is a way to create more buffers. You could have named it buffer1, or home stretch, or whatever you wanted. To navigate between buffers all you have to do is just alt left and right arrow when you're in the main window of mush, then alt one through 0 will hold the past 10 entries for that buffer, You can also alt up and down arrow to travel through the different entries.

HTH

The universe is a rain storm. We are droplets sent to quench the problems of the world, yet we are blown sideways by the winds of distractions.

2015-08-05 18:33:44

Ah ok i get it now... thanks.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-12-17 11:04:45

Greetings. Don't know if anyone knows but I am having some problem when I write a buffer trigger. Basically I am trying to write a prompt buffer that won't spam the screen reader but will also allow for you to see your prompt inside a buffer. For that what I did was checked the box that says omit from output and it works just fine. However there is a tradeoff. Any attempt to view the input command history with the arrow keys goes out of the window. Anyone have an idea as to how I would get around this?

2018-12-17 16:57:25

hello Sneak, thank you for your thorough explanation. I am still confused with the %1 through %99 thing, is there any help file I can read  that explain it thoroughly?
and, why is it sometimes a line just doesn't work with a trigger? is there a spesific requirement to make one?

good day
togira
sorry for my bad english

2018-12-17 18:26:15

I'm not sure if we're talking about the same thing, but in Mush, you can press control with the numbers to see the history, or maybe that's just one of the default plugins that comes with Alter?

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2018-12-18 02:50:11

Actually I have come across another way to accomplish what I was needing which was to display the prompt with a keystroke. Just having to find a way to code it in to my client, but I see it will be a bit tedius.