2007-10-05 19:34:47

I know that this game has been out for a couple of years, but I just got it.I am at the gate where the mansion is at. Can someone tell me where to get the key to the gate? I also got the dog leash, what do I do with it? Please help.

2007-10-05 20:49:51

Greetings!

Getting the key to the mantion is actually the very last final puzle of the game, even though you get the map quite early on. If you haven't gone through the business with the dog leash, you possibly don't have the requirements for the key.

If you let us know where you've got up to, we can probably give you some more specific advice without spoiling the end of the game too much for you.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2007-10-05 21:34:03

I have no idea how the hell to start, I have no idea how to fight them damn witches and stuff, how do i, how do i know which weapons to use! i have no damn idea!

2007-10-05 21:34:34

I am at the point of trying to play the organ and copy the parrot. However my brain is not working very well, lol. I can not get it. Can I please get help with the sequence? Thanks a bunch.

2007-10-05 21:54:15

Hi Andy,
Those parts are easy. U get the stakes from helping the lady at the antique shop, then help her again and she gives u the bullets to put in the gun u get from the chest at your friends house and take the balloons from the pet store and go to the swamp and fill them up with water from the swamp. There, u have your weapons to fight off the wolf, vampire and the witch with the right and left arrows. Go to the help section and find out how to fight. Good luck

2007-10-05 22:25:44

I dont understand how you know which weapon you have selected though.

2007-10-05 23:45:20

U have to click on the down arrow until U click on the weapon u want. The gun sounds like a gun loading, the steak actually sounds like a knife being pulled out of a sheath and the water balloon sounds like a plop. That is the best way I can describe the sounds.After you get the weapon u want, then click the up arrow.`

2007-10-06 15:57:38 (edited by andy smith 2007-10-06 15:58:52)

The what? the stakes? Oh those right. Which weapon kills which evil dude?

2007-10-07 02:03:10

andy smith wrote:

The what? the stakes? Oh those right. Which weapon kills which evil dude?

Figuring that out is part of the game. *grin*

2007-10-07 03:32:54

Think i did it.
The steaks kill the vampires. The bullets kill the, umm, the, the other  things and the balloons kill the wiches

2007-10-07 11:37:01

If you want to know witch tones you must play on the organ, you must find something the parrot likes and give the itim to it.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2007-10-07 18:07:03

I know that UI have to give the parrot a peanut to get him to sing. I know that I have to go play the tune on the organ that the parrot sang. However when I get back to the church, the tune is gone out of ;my head, lol. No problem, u guys will not help me, so I got my tape recorder and taped the parrot singing. Now I will just stay at the church playing the organ until I get the tune played correctly, lol. Thanks anyway.

2007-10-07 20:15:33

Hello toosweet. I'm really sorry I didn't get back to you on this, I haven't been able to get to the forum much over the weekend.

If I remember rightly, the tune is up left, down left, up right, up right, though I could well be wrong as it's a fair while sinse I last played chillingham. If I can find a way to fix my recording difficulty, I'll see about doing a full walkthrough for the game sinse quite a few people seem to have had trouble with it at various points, ----- which is fair enough sinse some of the puzles are a litle weerd.

andy, those other things are wearwolves, which is why you need the silver bullits to kill them, ----- I believe it says so in the docs, and it certainly does on Kelly Sepergia's review of Chillingham.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2007-10-07 22:11:36

Thanks so much for that tid bit of info. However if I click down on the tune that stops the tune from playing and I (as the player) will say that playing the organ is not for me. At least you tried to help me, thanks again.

2007-10-08 02:42:40

Yeh someone please do a recordning of chillingham and if u can grizzly gulch.

2007-10-08 09:46:12

Hmmm toosweet, as I said, it's been a long time sinse i played Chillingham. try up left, down left, up right up right.

I remember the general shape of the tune, though can't remember the specific keys for it.
If this isn't right, I'll have a go at replaying through Chillingham for you this week.

2007-10-08 11:36:08

As I saidI can't click the down arrow. If I do it stops me from playing the organ and I (as the player) say something to the effect that playing the organ isn't for me. Of all the cheats, tips and tricks that I have come across doing searches on the help for the game, no one has done a cheat, tip or trick on the sequence of the tune the parrot is singing.,

2007-10-08 15:06:33

Hi toosweet. Well you could try F5, it seems to be a general unlocker for the rest of the game.

In the mean time, I'm replaying chillingham. I remember before finishing the game in one night, so hopefully I should get the correct sequence for you by tomorrow, ---- assuming I don't get stuck on the way.

Oh Btw, I was planning to replay Chillingham anyway (I redid Grizly gulch recently as well), though if i ever get the mike issue fixed I'll certainly see about a game recording.

2007-10-08 15:41:25

Hi Dark Empathy,
I have tried the f5 key and all it does on my PC is screw up my PC. I have to shut down my PC from the tower and restart from the tower. So therefore that doesn't work for me. Thank you for that bit of help anyway. I have searched and searched the net for tips and cheats about playing the organ after listening to the parrot sing and have found no tips, tricks or cheats. There cheats and tips about everything else about the game though. If and when I ever get to the tomb, I know what to do when I get to it. Many thanks for your help though.

2007-10-08 16:44:33

Okay toosweet, I have the most definitely and absolutely correct organ sequence for you, having just replayed the game myself.

up , right, left, up, left, right, up, right.

Hth.

2007-10-08 19:11:20

Dark Empathy,
Thanks a bunch. I will go now and hopefully finish the game. I will let you know if I get it done.

2007-10-08 19:59:27

Dark Empathy,
MAN OH MAN,,,YOU GOT ME THROUGH THAT DOOR. HUGS, HUGS, HUGS. THANKS SO VERY MUCH.

2007-10-08 20:03:13

yeah, it's a great game, i bought this and grizzly gulch ee... maybe month ago, and i finish this tittles, great games, greaaat!
but it's very short, i waitingh for next bavisoft games!!

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2007-10-08 21:07:05

Yeh, grizzly gulch seems like a very long game, having just installed it I gotta start playing. Well actually, I installed it about a month ago, the sound effects are pretty cool!

2007-10-08 23:37:32

mmmmn toosweet, ----- thanks, I really didn't like the thought of you being so completely and utterly stuck with this game with absolutely no solution available.

the only problem is nw though, that your in the same position as the rest of us, ----- slightly disappointed by the not very conclusive ending.

It slightly irritates me that the general story of the game progressed so litle. You go to find your friend lilly, and after various shinanigans, ----- and faaaaaar too much insect catching for the blasted professor, what do you find out?

that Lilly's been in a mantion all this time belonging to someone called Lord chillingham.

Nothing about what she's been doing, or what is actually going on in chillingham at all.

I deffinately hope the 2nd game will arrive at some point in the future and explain more of this plot, sinse while I enjoyed the game quite a lot, it was imho, rather short and dissatisfactory as far as continuing the story.

So Seal, I'm deffinately with you on wanting Chillingham 2 to be released!

Andy, Grizly gulch can be a longer game, depending upon whether or not you use the money cheat, or try and gamble or gun fight your way to get enough cash for the things you need on the bounty missions.

In general though, while some of the crooks deffinately made me laugh, ----- robbin rob! murderin sam! lol! I didn't find the game as interesting as Chillingham, and if it hadn't been for the fact that it could be thrown in with Chillingham for a reduced price, I don't know if i'd have paid for the game.