2015-06-09 21:46:55

OK. lol. I'm writing this, partly because I couldn't even edit a stupid text file without performing something that proves I code too much.

1. When typing in chat or text files, you end your post or chat with ")
2. Your close sentence is EndIf
rofl. yes it actually happened, both of these.

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.
https://stevend.net/scramble/support

2015-06-09 22:27:38

3. When you start to write "print" or "println" before writing sentences in tchats

2015-06-09 23:46:57

4: When you start thinking of your life in functions, if statements, classes, arrays, etc.

2015-06-10 03:10:21

5. when it's not forgetting anymore, it's not having enough allocated memory.
6. You bgt coders should be familiar with this one: when you write a chat of multiple sentences, you feel the need to declare a string with the subject, put a left brace, write each sentence surrounded in quotes, and a right brace at the end.
7. When chatting in client-to-client based chatrooms such as skype or muds or audio games, you feel the need to write SendNetworkString(ConnectionID, "whatever your chat message is")
8. When classifying information types (asking a question, alerting someone, stating something), punctuation marks are out of the question. Instead you'd write:
question("hey man", "Do you want to test out the latest build?")
alert("uh... dude", "I think something's wrong with the server")
message_box("information", "I'm pretty tired.")
9. No matter what appliance it is, you start wondering what language the computer was coded in, and what methods they use. (OK yes, I do this sometimes--because you know, a lot of things these days have computers in them, even things such as micro waves! It might be weird, but I'm a geek at heart and code too much probably).
10. You start misspeaking math problems.
"9 += 4 == 13" instead of
"9 + 4 = 13"
11. Per every mud you download, you feel the need to create custom commands for everything in the form of your programming language. For example: Walk(#alter_aeon_direction_north) would be the script for north.

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.

2015-06-10 09:39:37

12. You feel the need to indent absolutely everything.
13. When you give someone a web address over skype, you have to type it in HTML code.
14. You start to look for open source alternatives for everything because you just want to make it better.
15. Instead of saying "There's an app for that", you say "There's no app for that that's accessible yet, but give me a month and there will be!"
16. You start getting dressed as it is described in the BGT tutorial. If person A puts on sock B, ...
17. You wish you could define a function to make annoying people leave you alone.
18. You wake up in a cold swet when you think you forgot to label your controls correctly on your forms.

Underworld Tech.
Accessibility from us, to you.
Visit us

2015-06-10 15:53:59

Rofl. number 18 sounds like something a programmer with skitsofrania would do... big_smile
19. You start living to please your compiler. If it detects an error, You stop what you're doing, bow down, and pray for forgiveness.
20. Finally, after 8 hours of downloading them, your computer's hard drive becomes completely full of all sorts of programming language.
21. You grab sourcecode files, print them out, and read them to go to sleep at night.
22. You can no longer write any sort of publication any more, even though there are many programs out there for that purpose, you have to write a publication program every time you write a publication.
23. You have a nervous breakdown because you forgot to insert a semicolon at the end of your statement and you are too far away from your computer to do it.
24. The only thing you can do to calm your nerves is coding 100 line long scripts, deleting them, and restarting until you're completely calm. (yeah right, lol!)

2015-06-10 16:29:03

25. When you think that your dog has a "bark()" function and a PathFinder
class.
26. When you think that the keys on your MIDI keyboard are Note on and Note
off events.
27. When you think that your parents are super classes.
28. When you want to tell a person of an important action, you start the
message with "sudo".
29. When an action that you want to make is impossible, you say "What is the
root password?" or "Where is the super user?".
30. When you start to drink loads of coffee to get some code done and you
don't want to sleep.
31. When you start counting starting from 0 (instead of 1).

2015-06-11 00:27:06

32. When you name step sounds or other numerical sounds as starting with 0, array based numbering.

33. When you jump, you expect it to last at least 1000 ms.

34. When you count, you count like 1000, 2000, 3000, etc.

35. You expect everything to have a delay.

36. You think of switches (Light switches, etc), as booleans.

37. you want the sourcecode to every cool program on your computer.

2015-06-11 01:16:16

38. when you want someone to wait a second, you tell them delay(1000)
39. When telling someone they can leave, you say, allow_escape=true;

2015-06-11 11:22:54

40. When someone asks you for a number, you have to include number_speaker.bgt.
41. When someone says "do you want me to open a window", you wonder if they mean using WX or QT.
42. There are certain things you just won't do because nobody declared them.
43. When you perform every day activities such as eating, you have to import things you're going to need. from fridge import food...
44. When doing basic math, you find it difficult to convert hole numbers into decimals because an integer can't be a double.
45. Your thought patterns are always totally logical and must start from the top and go downwards.

Underworld Tech.
Accessibility from us, to you.
Visit us

2015-06-12 09:06:21

46. When you walk to work, you think in assembly language: mov EAX, to_sidewalk, mov EBX, to_street, ...
47. Whenever you write research papers, you always have to include some objective-C code. After all, we're talking about apple mac apps, right, and we have to write them, right?
48. Whenever your boot manager fails to boot an operating system, you have a nervous breakdown because your compiler will throw an exception and you won't be able to catch it.
49. When GRUB drops you into its shell, the first thing you try is some assembly code. After all, boot loaders understand direct processor assembly, right?
50. Whenever windows displays a blue screen, you always say, "Why didn't it declare that variable?"
51. When someone asks, "Can you open the window?" You always wonder what binary value to set the windows opened bit to.
52. When you fiddle with the firmware of a device, you always wonder how to enhance its capability.
53. When you are having a casual conversation, you always push each question on the stack and pop it off after the answer is moved into the proper processor register.
54. When your entering passwords, you do dangerous memory allocations and deallocations in your head for each bit of the password.
55. When you drink a soda, you always think that your drinking the successful compilation of a program's success, and you check the exit and return codes to make sure before taking another sip.
56. When you enter your username, you always ask yourself, "What method does it call to check user names?"

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2015-06-13 07:51:25

57. You start speaking BGT functions to people to see if they can guess what the syntax  does.
58. You start talking about syntax while driving to Steak and Shake in the car.
59. While everyone else is talking about cars, you start thinking about how to code one in BGT to sound realistic and what not.
60. When everyone is talking about a certain yard with grass, trees, and sidewalks, you start thinking about how to code this in your game.
61. Whenever the Air Conditioner or heater or a fan turn on or off, you start thinking about how to code that to get it to sound exactly the same in your game.
62. Maybe if you turn a bathroom fan or heater on in your game, You start thinking about for example: if(bathroom_fan_running==true) Open a wall and start shooting laser turrets everywhere.
63. And when you try to write wall, you accidentally write while as if you were going to start a while loop.

Sincerely:
John Follis
Check out my YouTube Channel.

2015-06-14 05:58:15

64. Whenever you say 'for', you always write for ( and start a for loop.
65. Whenever you here a song redo it's lyrics over and over again, you always think, "Did they code that in a while loop that doesn't end?"
66. Whenever someone is rude to you, you start talking about computer memory.
67. Whenever you here about DNA/RNA, you always start creating functions for each set of DNA and RNA sequences.
68. In science class, you always translate the terminology for science into computer terminology and act as if your perfectly sane.
69. When you print something, you say, "How does this printer work, anyways? I mean, the code to print is obvious but how does the printer actually receive the infrared Bluetooth signals, and how does it interpret them?"
70. Whenever you get something to drink, you say a GCC command with command line arguments and everything.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2015-06-14 07:02:40

rooooooooooooooooooooofl, love it!
71. When your teacher wants you to do work, you can't show it normally, and you feel it just offle4 to write math work with any spaces
72. You feel it necessary to remember 50 digits of pi at minimum because when you simulate your mama turning in a circle which you can't help thinking goes from 0 to 359 degrees rather than 1 to 360, you don't want your simulation off by 0.000000000000000000000000000000000001 percent, because her burp might be a little too far off to the left than it should be
73. When you turn around in circles, listening to things around you and fall into depression because you know it can't be 100.00 percent emulated
74. When you hear someone off to the left you think what the bgt pan constant would be, and know if there 2 feet to the left and 2.3124657831247 feet behind you according to your trusty rooler that you need to simulate perfectly, the pan must be about -27.443622347454124 or the right ears volume would be too high.
75. When you get math homework, you know you must do it in your head, just like you know that you have to code in your head, or the compiler will get mad, which certainly you don't want from your math teacher.
76. When you feel that you must code a script for every action, including launching notepad
77. If you get a virus on your computer, you don't let antivirus work it out, you come in all code blazing ready to give it a proper beeting with bgt's file_delete function

I am a web designer, and a game developer. If you wish see me at http://www.samtupy.com

2015-06-15 08:02:23

78. When you get biology homework, you just write a script to do it for you, just like you write scripts to do anything for you.
79. Whenever you get any form of virus on your computer, you go in with some C/C++ code and start throwing file.delete() around.

My Github

2015-06-20 08:49:09 (edited by Brynify 2015-06-20 08:50:23)

80. When you hear a voice you like, you want to code a sapi voice out of it

81. When you hear someone on skype or on teamtalk and they have noise reduction on, you wonder if you can send them injection code to turn it off.

82. You wonder how much ram and disk space is in everything you see with battery power.

83. You wonder what signals a bluetooth or usb keyboard sends so the computer receives the keys just right.

I've been going by Bryn, which is now reflected in my profile. Please do your best to respect this :) Mess ups are totally OK though, I don't mind and totally understand!
Follow on twitter! @ItsBrynify
Thanks, enjoy, thumbs up, share, like, hate, exist, do what ya do,
my website: brynify.me

2015-06-21 02:44:23

84. Whenever you use a touchscreen device, you always wonder exactly what code to inject into it so you can use the old keyboard-only interface.
85. Whenever you get a blue screen, you start hammering at the kernel to find a way to make it let you know it will happen before it happens.

1. Guys, I think we're nearly to the point of exhausting this topic.

My Github

2015-06-22 05:22:30

lol Ethin and I sent you a PM.
86. You cannot function without a copy of Jintoo Linux on your machine.
87. The only means of calculation you have is to write a script that debugs the result of the coded calculation and terminates afterward.
88. Per every Essay you write, you code a script that opens notepad, inserts the text, saves the file, and closes notepad.
89. Your idea of a deep, hard to understand poem with a cryptic message is a 300 line script written in C++.

2015-07-09 16:53:06

90. You can't figure out why everyone talks about using a word processor when you know it uses symbols outside the ASCII or unicode character set.
91. You always submit your assignments in .txt files because you know everyone can open them and that is what you save everything in to begin with.
92. When your teacher asks people to create a powerpoint for a class you raise your hand and ask if you can do it in HTML instead.
93. You git your papers rather than saving them in different files for different versions.
94. When you find an inaccessible element on a webpage you contact the company and your first email contains the lines of HTML in both the current and corrected version.
95. When you hear the word "host" or "domain" you think of web development rather than the host of the party or a kingdom.
96. When you see people on Facebook blaming their computer for being too complicated, having a mind of their own or being a problem you always try to explain how it is really not the computer's fault, it is their or the programmers fault.

2015-07-09 18:33:42

97. you forgot how to do 2+3, because you know all you have to do is write less than 5 lines of code to get the answer!

I am a web designer, and a game developer. If you wish see me at http://www.samtupy.com

2015-07-12 03:13:03

98. You don't rely on media players for listening to podcasts and radio and such; you code a program that grabs the file from whichever server it's on, downloads it, and starts playing. And you code an individual player for each file you listen to.
99. You don't know how to operate IOS; you jailbroke your IPhone on Day One and use SSH to accomplish all necessary tasks.
100. You prefer to use the command line for everything. Even if it's typing a document, you use the command line to open a notepad window and input text.
101. Forget Paint and all of those other art making programs! You, choose to hand-code everything art related you create in CSS

2015-07-14 17:53:50

102. Whenever you find a javascript error, you find a way to hack the javascript code, fix it, and then send it to the company who made the error in the first place.
103. Whenever you here an incorrect latin phrase, you write a program to look up the correct set of latonic words in the Latin Word List and then correct the phrase. You do the same for every other language.
104. Whenever there's a virus, you write a super-program to go and exterminate it.

My Github

2015-07-24 18:21:29

105. When you have technical difficulties, you write a program to contact technical support, fix the problem and restart your computer in safe mode.
106. When preparing for a theatrical performance, you write your scripts in python.
107. Instead of searching something on google, you write a 100-line C++ program to do it for you.

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce

2015-07-24 22:35:51

108 When you see -1 you think FF.
109 when everyou have a list of things, and all you know is basic and need intertainment you follow any goto statement in the list.
So, goto 1. LOL.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2015-07-24 22:40:21

110. When you are talking you find yourself saying:
if the cheese is on the top shelf
   take it and put it in the little cheese thing on the door
elif the cheese is on the middle shelf
   it is probably moldy so throw it away
else bring it to me and I'll take a look at it.