2015-04-05 21:29:30

Hi all.
I have been keeping my trap shut for an entire day while I try to get a response to this.
Firstly when I play games I want to escape from the real world not live in the real world so reality games are not my type.
Sam if you really want to solve your lag issue then you need a cloud server like google cloud ask danny how to get one I am not sure how reality software got their one.
Even with that, if you keep loading objects you will get lag.
Down to the game, since I don't play or care to play reality games like cast aways that much or as much as I like to play something like shades of doom I may be a bit biased.
I found the game totally crap and boring but that's probably because I had issues trying to find things and that sort of thing rather than the game actually being bad.
I havn't really touched crafting games so am inexperienced.
I don't know if I could play something like this all day though the same as I really can't play deathmatch new beginning all day, I actually have a life away from the pc.
That and my timezone is all the other way round.
Please try not to ask and complain to much.
You know who you are who are doing this.
that's all I will say because I can't trust myself to hold my temper.

2015-04-05 21:56:03

Hello.
This game is a very cool idea. It's one of these games which I was waiting for quite a while now.
Maybe I am a bit stupid or just haven't slept long enough, but at the moment, I am quite confused where to find the cley to build a pod.
Can yu maybe tell me the general direction of it? I still want to see where it is then and try out how to combine the stuff in to a pod.
But, keep up the good work! It's a great concept.
Just some suggestions I have are
Maybe for the future, you could ad in wild animals which you could hunt or from which you have to hide from, when they are for example in an angry mood or something like that.
Maybe weather would be fun to, so that you would have to build a shelter where you can hide in.

just do what you need to do and than you can concentrate on new features if you think they are good.
I will definately keep my eyes on this project.
Greetings Moritz

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2015-04-05 22:02:32

Hi.
If an offline mode was made, the whole concept of this game was gone. You are not alone in this world, are you? Yeah at your own place you might be. The game is online so you can interact with other players, because that's what you're doing in the real world. Sam have already made an offline version of an older version of the game. I haven't tried this version yet, but you can find it on his website.
I'm sorry to say this, but I think this beta version is released too early. Why? Simply because so many people don't understand that this is a beta version, which have bugs, which lacks and which does not run as it's ment to do. People are complaining about the lack. Yes, this is so damn frustrating I know, I have been there myself, dieing because of this. But... Sam have said 1000 times that he's working to fix this.
There is nothing wrong with requests and suggestions to features etc. But, please remember that this is only a beta version, and no one accept for Sam knows where this project goes in the future. The game is already so great so I would gladly pay for it if it was paied. I'm not suggesting to make this a paied game, but I'm just saying I find the game worth paying for.
Guys, think about how much player interaction there is in this game already. You can hear all what the other players are doing. It's awesome!
I have a ton of suggestions for the game, but I'll wait a few versions to give my suggestions, because I know Sam is working like crazy, which might be the reason for we haven't heard from him here on the forum lately.
Keep up the awesome job dude. If there is anything we can do to help you, then please let us know.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2015-04-05 22:42:57

crashmaster wrote:

Hi all.
I have been keeping my trap shut for an entire day while I try to get a response to this.
Firstly when I play games I want to escape from the real world not live in the real world so reality games are not my type.
Sam if you really want to solve your lag issue then you need a cloud server like google cloud ask danny how to get one I am not sure how reality software got their one.
Even with that, if you keep loading objects you will get lag.
Down to the game, since I don't play or care to play reality games like cast aways that much or as much as I like to play something like shades of doom I may be a bit biased.
I found the game totally crap and boring but that's probably because I had issues trying to find things and that sort of thing rather than the game actually being bad.
I havn't really touched crafting games so am inexperienced.
I don't know if I could play something like this all day though the same as I really can't play deathmatch new beginning all day, I actually have a life away from the pc.
That and my timezone is all the other way round.
Please try not to ask and complain to much.
You know who you are who are doing this.
that's all I will say because I can't trust myself to hold my temper.

I understand You, because I have same meaning sometimes.
So, games are not great escape. Also, this wild is a great inspiration. So try preesent, if You play this game, that You are in the wild forest outside of this stupid real world.

Ja volim samo kafu sa Rakijom.

2015-04-06 00:48:33

Hello everyone. So yes, i'm working on the lag, and I think I tracked down the nasty bug were having, thank you ns studios for helping me find it. Hey man, we don't know if your right but this is gonna help, i'm sure of it. Now for some answers to questions and things. Wild animals, will be coming. I think they will be better than you guys hoped, where as they will like have to drink, eat, and if you drop food bears might come at night and destroy you, etc etc etc. Aprone for the chat message problem, well, i'm not sure why you'd have that issue, the server may be currently laggy yes, but no one else has scemed to have this problem. What I might have it do is when you send a message, it'll say sending on the client side with out sending anything to the server. Also aprone, you could have got disconnected because of this god offle lag, which i'll say it a thousand times, i'm working my butt off on it when ever I can. I have to completely recode part of the server, that's why I havn't done things about it yet. Radars are not going to happen, because I want this to be relistic. And people said a camera, And i've said before the readme is not complete, well guys, that sure is my falt, but also, hahaha, it is my fault that theres this exact feature. Hold in g and the arrows to look around you. well I should more likly say hold in g and press any directional movement command. Hey soundworx, thanks for letting me use that 2d platformer air sound by the way. And as for the popular offline mode request, well, I could try in the future but I honestly doubt that'll happen. As someone said, it's about the reaction. You can hear what others are doing. This means that the hole game, litterily, is serverside. You press space, and the game sends to the server, use hand. or use pot. Or use knife. That's it. Then the server might send drink, or knifeswing, or things like that. No this isn't the cause of the lag. I already think I know what a lot of it is. And in the next version I will both fix the screen reader interrupt bug, and also make it so that it's set on default at screen reader interrupt disabled. Also guys, missions? Well... heeh, there not done, but you figured out you could make frames? That my friends, is part of a boat! Take 2 pieces of wood and stack them on top of eachother, then paste them with clay so that don't fall apart. Then throw on another layer of clay to make it sticky, then repeat the prosedure and stick the too sticky blocks together. Then attach the frame and carve it, and then go to 500 0 0 and use the boat. see whare you end up! Also some people fall off the map, oopsys, my fault will be fixxed apon next server build. And as you notised i'm saying server build. Not client update. That goes back to the offline thing. The client just plays the sounds and sends the footsteps. and let's you interact. The server is most of the game. That's why I toubt offline mode will be added. I mean I could maybe intagrate some offline mode of the server that only runs on one connection so no one else could connect, but then people would try hosting private servers but then all the fun of the game would be gone. Ever sence I released this I havn't had many times whare there wasn't one player online. That's how it's supposed to be. And another thing I am gonna say, please, please look at the rollplay part of the readme and the difference of in char and out of char chat. Us admins here are always having to repeat, use, out, of, character, chat, for, game, questions. Please guys, don't use in char for that stuff. IN char is like you in the wild. Like not you in real life. And the radio, the reason it's there is because it allows in char comunications. You and a group of others could even set a private channel on the radio. But when you recieve things in character that you can't understand, you might think, wow, these people are typing in another language. But it's more like, your radio is getting out of range. In the game see, litterily, when you chat in character, it sends out radio waves. I'm serious. If someones acrossed the map the wave has to travel to them, which is very very hard, and by the time it get's there, well let's just say that waves gonna be quite messed up and garbled. And if you were that far from a player it probably took like 10 seconds to reach you. And screen reader in sapi instead of the sapi for the say command, no one really knows what that does. It's litterily talking. LIke if someone was walking to the right of you, and they said hi over the say command, you'd hear that on the right as well. This can't happen with a screen reader. And the x coordinate of the clay is explained in the readme. Or at least I think it is. If not, it's at x 230, anywhare below y 250 and above y 40. Basicly if it says southwest quadrant, your in the clay. Well hope this helps some of ya all, i'll get back to working on this oh so god offle lag.

I am a web designer, and a game developer. If you wish see me at http://www.samtupy.com

2015-04-06 01:19:12

I must just say, for me the lag was less today, so I played quite a bit. I love all the aspects, from chasing people around and fighting them to gathering things. I haven't been this hooked on an audio game in a very, very long time!

Brendan
-----
There is one rule above all others for being a man.  Whatever comes, face it on your feet.
@bcs993 on twitter, feel free to follow!

2015-04-06 07:24:22

@crashmaster Its one of though's games that takes a bit of time to get used too. I personally think the game is a grate concept, and its fun when its not lagging. Standing right in the middle of the map is fun, the only thing which really annoys me is the way the thirst system works. Wich I understand is reelistic, but you get thirsty a bit too fast, is their any chance this could be readjusted? Other than that, its an awsome concept, even if surviving the wild isn't really my thing its still adicting and fun.

Check out the new reality software site. http://realitysoftware.noip.us

2015-04-06 07:46:36

Yes, ofcourse, now this is a key word in this topic, lag and lag and lag. Sometimes It happened, but I found one things, why It sometimes happened.
So, firstly, if You try move faster and do various things faster.

Ja volim samo kafu sa Rakijom.

2015-04-06 08:35:11

can you please please please stop going on about lag all the time, i know it's a problem and sam is working very hard on fixing it.
going off that, what is it you all like about the game, i like it when you have to fight someone and i slso like the way theat when they die, you get their corpes and some of the things from their inventary. that is really cool. however, i think the sound that is played when you die needs to be changed because 1, it is to loud and 2, it is to long.
Keep up the good work sam.

But sometimes the world is better without sight...
Because You can see the world how it really is...
Dark.

2015-04-06 09:06:56

Actually this lag update is almost complete. But, I might release it tomorrow, getting a bit tired. I'm atempting to keep all the players onboard and I think it will work, but I am completely, 100 percent changing the entire player system. So if your chars acedentlally get deleted or don't work as expected that is why. Please contact an admin if this happens. But I will do my apsalute best to make sure it doesn't.

I am a web designer, and a game developer. If you wish see me at http://www.samtupy.com

2015-04-06 10:14:09

hi all, sam, i hope, that that ubdate will fix all lag. i understanding, that your work is so hard. so good luck and more players in this super game! best regards to you, sam!

2015-04-06 10:36:25

Hello Samtupy, thanks for your game! It has a lot of potential! Can you help me? I toke a boat, and when boat landed I am blocked in a bug coordinate. my character is Ambrogio. But I've seen the city and it is cool!

2015-04-06 11:38:10

hi all, Sam, this game is beta,
but very good game, good luck!

2015-04-06 13:02:56

Hi Sam.
Thanks for an awesome reply in post 80. Keep up the epic job man.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.

2015-04-06 14:16:20

hey  admins, my char is bad cordinat my char name is omer, please help me, thanks

2015-04-06 15:02:04

Re: thirst.
Make more pots.
Seriously; just make like 10 pots. That's enough water to get you all over the map and back before you need to refill.
Someone who is more ok with level-grinding-style gameplay might just sit and make pots for an hour, and have somewhere in the neighborhood of 400 pots = 4000 water capacity = -40000 thirst. Since thirst can get pretty high before it matters, that gives you hours of hydration.
If trading was a thing, pots would be currency for newbies.

If your ability to carry a dozen pots without them spilling gets nerfed in the future for realism, then sure, I'd suggest making thirst slow down a little. But at the moment, the solution is to make enough pots so that you always have enough water to bring you back from the brink of dehydration, and only stop to drink when you get too thirsty to travel at a reasonable speed without stumbling.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2015-04-06 16:08:06

Hello Sam!
I got a windows cloud server. Write message to me, and I can give it to you for 7 days. If it will nbe good for you I cansell it to you.
WRite to my mail: [email protected]

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2015-04-06 16:23:01

Sam. I love the explanation about how the radio works in terms of traveling. Second I finally listened to the game story. It was so cool. It was like watching a show on tv or something. Actually it kind of reminded me of that show Lost that was on tv a few years back where people were in a plain  crash, and they ended up on this beach and had to survive with what ever they had. Keep up the good work.

Audio game king

2015-04-06 18:12:35

Hi Sam.
Two questions:
1: How does the energy works? I'm low at energy, it's at 23, and I keep falling all the time.
2: Is there anything we can do to help in the developement or by being an admin? I have a Mac running 24/7, and I might be able to run a server on the machine if a Mac is supported. I have a good internet connection. Good and trusty admins should only be allowed so they don't mess up the game. Send me a private mail, not message, by clicking the mail link, and let me know if I can help either by being an admin or regarding to the server on a great connection. I'm not a developer.

Best regards SLJ.

2015-04-06 18:40:46

hi all, i hate one in this game: people always killing you, you have to do for that? this is not fun! i hope that it will be fixed. i will abandone this game if it will continue with me! i am so angry. so, if then, i will not play.

2015-04-06 18:56:37

hi all, Sam, please add the information  the items, for example rocks what is rocks, What does this rock, please add the information the item make, thanks.

2015-04-06 19:11:43

How do I find Clay? I mean I know how to find it, but all I see is mud. Here is what I've been dooing, I start out at the beach, I then head to 250 then wait until I here the stream, then turn left but I'm not running into clay, all I'm seeing is mud and when I try to create something with the mud I've found it says those items can't be combind. Any help would be great thanks.

Audio game king

2015-04-06 19:24:20

The clay is to the left of the stream, but more than a few steps. Try 10 or so? There's mud right beside the stream, but clay beyond it.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2015-04-06 19:43:30

hi all, my char file is not saved I'm enter the game Sam teleport me the 0 0  I'm exit and again enter I'm teleport the bad cordinat please help me, my char name is omer

2015-04-06 20:07:40

samtupy says on the  server that he is releasing  the  new update but it isn't releaseand i'm falling  from myboat.