I'm new on this forum, i'm coming from the BGT discussion forum. I would like to present (and maybe recrut people to help me?) a project i'm carrying since the last year : a game engine for games in BGT.
The idea : BGT provides useful functions easily manipulate sound, files, ... But even with this, we are far from a real game. That's where Heat Engine enters.
H.E. (Heat Engine) is a great set of classes made to manage all the "functional" part of your game : collisions, default classes, network management, player controls, saving/loading a game in one line... You just have to be creative, creating subclasses of an already existing class tree providing classes for weapons, characters, vehicles, system objects like score managers, ... H.E. also implements an event system and is very flexible.
Link : http://heatengine.craym.eu/
This is a really complex thing, but the online documentation will soon provide complete workign examples and tutorials to help yu understanding every part of it.
Current version : v0.10
- a Game class
- a ready-to-use non-blocking architecture using ticks and events
- a incomplete class tree and events tree providing simple classes like characters. More coming soon
- loading/saving maps in one line!
-simple inventory and items system
- full 3D sound using FMODEx (next version)
- classes allowing inventory, pickable items (next version)
- score manager (next version)
- complete demo showing all features (next version)
- network hosting (engine architecture is designed add this easily)
The engine is free and open source.
Any comments are welcomed!