2015-02-01 07:44:21

english and spanish

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2015-02-01 09:45:58

oriol I do believe I topped your score, lol though I'm probably never gonna be able to do this ever again
Oh crap, you're dead! You managed to get 9840 points and you were at level 19 with 186 landed enemies. However, 22 managed to hit you. Press escape to go back to the main menu. Soon you will be able to post your scores and compare them with other players!

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2015-02-01 09:51:49

somehow the game slows down my computer while I'm playing.

2015-02-01 11:33:34 (edited by defender 2015-02-01 11:35:01)

This is a great concept with good sound design and good voice acting!  How ever, the two things that majorly hold it back, in my opinion, are A.  The size of the playing field, which is quite a bit too small for the amount of items that could be falling at the same general time, especially since they can all follow you.  B. The drop rate of the items, which should ideally start out much slower than they do now and progress from there naturally.  and C. The speed at which items aquire your position and follow you accordingly, which should really be either slower in general, or, hopefully, much slower when you start with scaling as you continue.

I, and, I'm guessing the community at large, would probably be much more interested in playing this game with more changes like that, because as it stands, it's extremely confusing and basically impossible with out button mashing or trying it way too many times, just to find some way of doing anything half way meaningful.

2015-02-01 12:09:28

I think the point of the game is to button mash. Keep it the way it is.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2015-02-01 14:29:49

No one truly likes a button masher, and even if it is the point, which I doubt, then that just means that it will very quickly fade into obscurity like all the others, problem is, this game has too many non button mashing aspects to be a true button masher, but right now in it's current form, it's imbalanced, causing it to be sort of like that, but I don't really think that's what the dev was going for, fast paced and button masher are two different things, and I'm guessing this is supposed to be fast paced.

2015-02-01 19:19:22

I think the main problem is that you are immediately thrown in the very deep water even though it still gets harder after a while. This makes it very hard to actually improve. On the other hand it´s also understandable that we don´t want too many very easy levels or you could get bored running through the easy stuff before getting to the hard parts. One prime example is bopit ultimate, which while lots of fun to play, takes quite a while before it gets really difficult (for me at least). On ultimate I managed to get to level 29 at one point and then lost. I tend to lack the motivation to try improving that because it takes so long to get through the 28 levels before where you left off, plus there is substantial risc of making a mistake before you actually hit level 29 again.
I think what this game needs is difficulty levels. The easiest should be a lot easier than the game currently starts out being (yes I know, that's probably boring) But should still get progressively harder the longer you play. For the very easy levels you could even put in a limit to your maximum hp so that people won't have 6 million hp once they get to the harder levels.

2015-02-01 22:02:00

In the latest version, the logo plays and then the main menu music plays, fades out, and the game is quit without an error

2015-02-02 00:04:39 (edited by ogomez92 2015-02-02 00:05:35)

No it doesn't. You just need to arrow down to start game.

Also, I will add difficulty levels. I'm keeping this difficulty level as it is, as an advanced difficulty level. I'll make more though.

want to try the spanish version of run for your life?
http://oriolgomez.com/corre_por_tu_vida.zip

2015-02-02 00:10:33

as soon as I press enter on the logo to skip it, the main menu music begins fading\ and the game exits/

2015-02-02 00:19:27

did you delete the sounds....

2015-02-02 00:30:58

Nope, it happened to me too even with the sounds.pack file in the folder.

2015-02-02 00:32:24

sounds.pack is still there.

2015-02-02 13:45:17

hi oriol, I also have that problem.
I hear an introduction and after that the game closes inmediatelly, it happens when I am pressing enter to skip or waiting untill intro finishes.

2015-02-02 14:43:33 (edited by harrylst 2015-02-02 14:45:12)

Yup. I'm getting the same bug. You start the game and it quits on you. I suspect there might be something broken with the multilanguage support.
Question: So how would I go about constructing, say, a chinese language pack for this game?
(and maybe, maybe we'll see "lauf fur dein leben" soon... *hint hint*?)

skype name: techluver
Feel free to add me.

2015-02-02 14:50:59

Sorry for double posting, but the spanish version works.  If that helps you find the bug.  And can you make a "copy stats to clipboard" option by any chance?  It'd be really cool since this is one of those "compare scores" kind of games.  My stats didn't copy when I played. (I'm lucky I made it to level 4 on the "for cowards" level, but still...)

Feel free to add me.

2015-02-02 15:28:31

Ok, so get the Spanish version, replace sounds.pack with the sounds.pack in the English version, then yur good to go. Or at least, you should be. Let's try this.

2015-02-02 15:32:37

No luck, I'm afraid.

2015-02-02 17:43:13 (edited by defender 2015-02-02 17:47:25)

Thank you for cooperating with your player base in order to continually make the game better.  It seems as though not enough developers are showing that all important willingness to improve lately, especially when it comes to smaller projects like this one.  So it's very much appreciated that, you! do...
In response to post Fifty Four:

ogomez92 wrote:

Also, I will add difficulty levels. I'm keeping this difficulty level as it is, as an advanced difficulty level. I'll make more though.

A thumbs up from me.

2015-02-02 18:33:02

Hey just wanted to let you know that I'm getting the same problem as everyone else with the latest version, 2.6, I recorded it with stereo mix for reference purposes.
This is a recording of Run For Your Life Version 2.6, downloaded today at around 7 30 AM Pacific from the link given in post 49, completely unmodified.  I'm running Windows 7 Pro 64Bit SP1 on a 2007 Toshiba Satellite Pro U500 with all drivers and runtimes updated to the latest publicly available stable versions.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ba0wh95z87tsmbb/Bug.mp3?dl=1
The only other thing of note, is that the very first time I started the game after getting it, the error occurred as it does now, but an empty document called file.txt was also generated in the game's directory.  Deleting that document and restarting the game  created it again.

2015-02-02 18:46:05 (edited by ogomez92 2015-02-02 18:46:57)

Hi guys... Please try downloading again this is so embarrassing, I uploaded english run for your life with the spanish sounds on accident.
Anyway, here are the latest changes
Changes in 2.7
Fixed a problem with music and health bonuses
added number voice 87 in spanish which wasn't there for some reason.
Changes in 2.6
Fixed a major bug with levelling
Added a scoring section in the readme check it out!
Added a difficulty level for cowards or those who find it hard to mash buttons *wink*
The original difficulty is now called hardcore and gives you 5000 points when you finish the game, + more points per enemy landed.

2015-02-02 19:15:33

High scores, 50730 on hardcore, 99720 on for dummies.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2015-02-02 22:28:07

Great work! This game is really addicting! Can you give us a list of sound files that need recording? I'll start working on Chinese (but it might take a week or 2).  I have to wait for my recorder to get here but I can start translating.

Feel free to add me.

2015-02-03 04:45:05 (edited by Shadowcat 2015-02-03 04:56:46)

high score on hardcore, 234765 level 23 221 landed and 29 hits
other  difficulty somewhere over 321K made it to level 27

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2015-02-03 06:16:53

level 27..impressive